GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 28 : Decisions, Decisions

• Thread starter EDK
  • 274 comments
I am submitting now with the following splits.

There are two obvious mistakes in this lap but it'll have to do.:indiff:

Ran my chosen car pretty much stock as I know nothing about tuning or gear ratios.

It looks like I've ran out of time. Ahh well, submitting with splits on the board.

Gave Eleanor another chance - it paid off!

T1: 35.306
T2: 25.860
T3: 27.050

Left 2 tenths in the chicane but back down to my previous best overall time. :cool:

T1: 35.340
T2: 25.856
T3: 27.036

Found a tenth in T4...

T1: 35.435
T2: 25.744
T3: 27.042

Last edited:
Finally finished off one of my good T3s with a good chicane. Big improvement overall (>.5s). And back to my original car.

I've added this to the first post.

- Please send a second PM to EDK, indicating your car choice for the event.

EDK

Ok I've sent you a PM too.:) If anyone is interested I used the 🤬.

Finally getting the hang of this... GT5 that is :dopey:

I'd say you've got the hang of it... you'd be in the running for a podium in D2 this week! You've pummeled me into submission :ouch:... that and I have to work and can't run anymore laps before the submission deadline otherwise I'd have another shot at your time. :drool:

Unless you managed to go backwards in T4 I don't think I have a chance of making up 0.3 in that sector -- I didn't have a killer last sector like the last few weeks... it was almost perfect, but then got greedy on the gas exiting the last corner and lost too much traction... almost lost the entire lap actually so glad I kept the car in the right direction and minimized the damage, but nevertheless probably lost all hope of moving up the board and risk moving down. We'll see... I'll hope for (& gladly take) a podium against the current level of competition in D3.

Curious to see your car choice and anxious to examine the replay to see where/how I lost so much time in T2. Dunlop... gotta be dunlop... went too wide there

Some improvement :)

Happy with my position on the board but far from happy with gap. Hope i will be still happy with results.

Kevin i miss you on the board.

Submitting with

T1: 35.638
T2: 26.098
T3: 27.594 ( :banghead: don´t ask, 🤬 schumacher S 🤬)

Left 3 tenth on track but don´t have the strenght to go for them, as this is a REALLY difficult track :crazy:

Good luck to all:cheers:

(Where is MadMax? :dopey: )

Big thanks to CSL 👍

Last edited:
T1: 35.170
T2: 25.814
T3: 27.105

Saw my T2 split and almost peed myself. :drool: I considered ditching it in the sand at the S, but figured it was probably better to keep going. Lost a tenth in the final turn due to my hands shaking, but managed to stay a length or two ahead to the line. :scared:

Kevin i miss you on the board.
Was busy racing online this weekend and never gave this one a proper effort. Really only one test session for each car, and no tuning.

I might be back in the Suby at Madrid, I like the simplicity of that combo. :)

Saw my T2 split and almost peed myself. :drool: I considered ditching it in the sand at the S, but figured it was probably better to keep going. Lost a tenth in the final turn due to my hands shaking, but managed to stay a length or two ahead to the line. :scared:

You are on fire this week!! Nice splits:tup:

That's awesome. :bowdown:

Nice to know that hand shaking thing happens to someone as far up the board as you are! The same thing happens to me when I see the ghost far back in the mirror... I have the buttons on the wheel programmed so it's easy for me to slide my thumb and turn him off without missing a beat as otherwise I find myself fixated on the gap. But still I know he's lurking, disaster is one mistake away and the quivering gets harder and harder to control as each corner goes in the bank :lol:

Sometimes I think I do better overall when I'm very slightly behind until the last sector and "cooly" go for broke in the final turns. That's what happened in the rain a few weeks ago, but not the case this week when the "shivers" got the best of me.

I gave all the cars some test/tuning laps and felt fastest in the 🤬

Won't be submitting this week because that was all time I had to run the Nürburgring GP/F.

Sorry to hear that Max. Would have been very interested to see how fast you could have gone...

Outstanding :bowdown:

EDK

Done, although I assume that as this was added late it won't be a DQ matter if people have missed it?

Done, although I assume that as this was added late it won't be a DQ matter if people have missed it?

Not at all, I just wanted to be able to add it to the results thread. It's something that will naturally come up in thread discussion, but it's more convenient for everyone if it's included to begin with.

I'd say you've got the hang of it... you'd be in the running for a podium in D2 this week! You've pummeled me into submission :ouch:... that and I have to work and can't run anymore laps before the submission deadline otherwise I'd have another shot at your time. :drool:

Unless you managed to go backwards in T4 I don't think I have a chance of making up 0.3 in that sector -- I didn't have a killer last sector like the last few weeks... it was almost perfect, but then got greedy on the gas exiting the last corner and lost too much traction... almost lost the entire lap actually so glad I kept the car in the right direction and minimized the damage, but nevertheless probably lost all hope of moving up the board and risk moving down. We'll see... I'll hope for (& gladly take) a podium against the current level of competition in D3.

Curious to see your car choice and anxious to examine the replay to see where/how I lost so much time in T2. Dunlop... gotta be dunlop... went too wide there

Ha! I'm loving this week's combo, that's for sure. Although it started off really frustrating, as I've not spent much time on this track before this week.
I actually spent way more time than I would have thought figuring out how to setup a transmission and LSD properly. CSL's posted tunes were a great start. :bowdown: Seriously, 👍 Thanks Dom!
My T4 is not my best, but it's not far off so I'm hoping it holds up :nervous:
T2 was more about the chicanes (Ford?) than Dunlop I think, but we'll see.
The D3 comment is right on the money... 👍

I'm dying to see car selections as well. Although I suspect many ran the same car, it would be great to see all 3 cars in a 1,2,3 finish :D
Good luck Tim, hoping to see us both in a podium video again very soon 👍

Now, I do have a free hour or so around 5:30... oh what to do with the time...?? 💡

Definately T1 is the standout wouldn't you say Joao? I can kind of see where I'm losing a tenth or two in T2 and T3, but a 35.1xx in T1 is just ridiculous. I know I'm slow there anyway, but I could see a 35.6, but I have no concept on where the other HALF A SECOND is!!! Looking forward to watching the replay...

Submitted with secret splits.:sly:

Nah, don't have time to check my splits now...

Updated (and slower!!) splits:
T1: 36.078
T2: 26.286
T3: 27.852

Submitted with these splits, I'm sure I had more to give but just couldn't find it tonight.

Last edited:

Saw my T2 split and almost peed myself. :drool:

Holy 🤬! I'd fall off my chair if I saw that T1 and never make the next turn.
D1 is :crazy: tight heading into the stretch!

Weird, it censored "Fahrvergnügen", which was not the car I went with :)

EDK
Was busy racing online this weekend and never gave this one a proper effort. Really only one test session for each car, and no tuning.

I might be back in the Suby at Madrid, I like the simplicity of that combo. :)

I know how that go's. Having fun in the lobby sharing virtual beers :lol: and before you know it. It's time to log out and leave for work :lol:

Submitted with times on the board.

Had a 1:01.9xx in T2 2 laps in a row but messed up Scumacher S both times :banghead: If Schumacher was with me in the room i would have messed him up cos of anger :lol:

Definately T1 is the standout wouldn't you say Joao? I can kind of see where I'm losing a tenth or two in T2 and T3, but a 35.1xx in T1 is just ridiculous. I know I'm slow there anyway, but I could see a 35.6, but I have no concept on where the other HALF A SECOND is!!! Looking forward to watching the replay...

Is that D1 secret nitro button again :crazy:

Can´t wait for a replay 👍

Exactly my thoughts :lol: I'm used to being 7-9 tenths down over a whole lap, but not in one sector :yuck:

With apologies to Tim, I continue to "pummel" :lol:

Last edited:
Didn't know we had a bunch of comedians in here. :D

T1: 35.325
T2: 25.648
T3: 26.956

Sorry but I don't pull .1xx every time, keeping the replay though in case someone wants to see it. :sly:

Dear Yanaran,

How am I supposed to close that three second gap if you KEEP GOING FASTER, Jonas? :boggled:

Please cease and desist, or share the secret alien sauce. Kthxbai.

Regards,

Slow Bastard.

P.S. Lonely up there, Hydro? You must have been driving the 🤬, or maybe the 🤬. I totally should have done that :cheers:.

Good going, Div 3 Dudes!

Submitted with the existing splits. Had a decent final session, but tired going in, and had lost the groove; found some less crappy T1s, but couldn't keep 'em going. Didn't beat my target, but I really dug the combo; it's a very important track, I think, so I'm looking forward to review (e.g. How milross broke 36.0xx T1 with the DS3 - I sure couldn't).

Back