GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 29 : Rally de Madrid

• Thread starter EDK
  • 250 comments
Am I just incredibly slow/rusty/stupid (delete as applicable) or am I doing something wrong with my split times, I'm getting T2's in the region of 42-43 seconds not low 20's as everyone seems to be posting??? :scared:

Edit: Nevermind, it's the time from T1 to T2. :D

The answer is number 3.:lol:

And two, not been round here for quite some time. :)

Well, seeing as I'm here...
T1 18.630
T2 22.440

Maybe not as rusty as I thought lol.

T1 18.490
T2 22.177

Fun combo 👍

Edit: Ran these splits earlier but completely 🤬 up the last turn

T1 18.422
T2 22.136

Have seen a couple of .3s in T1, but failed every time in T2 :ouch:

Probably have another go later on or tomorrow :)

Last edited:
Back this week to put some laps in.

EDK, you might want to change the thread rules aswell, I spend minutes looking for how many laps I should go instead of scrolling down :dunce:

First clean lap:

T1: 18.526
T2: 22.560

I've already hit my target time :dunce: Guess I should get used to the combo before deciding where my limit is, there is still plenty more to come.

50/50 torque (To make best use of those softs on the front, amazing traction out of T1 without the understeer associated with 4WD due to the lower rear end grip), 7/2 brake balance, again for the same reason.

I tried holding the throttle as I braked into the double left to help stability, but I think it's faster to brake in a straight line towards the blue barrier inbetween and then power out. If you break traction you may aswell abandon the lap. (Unless you managed to control it well). My first clean attempt through that section, but I took a bit of that high kerb on the inside of the second one so I didn't get a good exit.

Some splits for the leaderboard.:)

Some work to do but I've already improved a lot from where I was after 30 minutes or so.:dopey:

Back this week to put some laps in.

EDK, you might want to change the thread rules aswell, I spend minutes looking for how many laps I should go instead of scrolling down :dunce:
Thanks. Major copy/paste fail this week. :ouch:

Split update

T1 18.337
T2 22.113

Fairly happy with this, had a bit of a drift going on around the final corner though :sly:

Had a .2 first split but terrible T2 so there is a bit more time in T1 left

I caught the scent of an arcade combo :)

I actually like Madrid, this should a solid combo in an AWD 👍

Jerome

bog,

where's the qualifying section for yours GTP Time Trials?

edit:

ok, i've found it

Last edited:
New splits:

T1: 18.617
T2: 22.296

Couple of tenths up on my previous, still lots to find in T1 (This run was very poor, I was going to scrap it). It reminds me of T1 from London, soo hard to get the entry right to get a clean exit, half the time I hit the inside wall. I think i've cracked T2, I just need to use more of the road on the exit of the second left, so theres still a few hundredths here at least. T3 is hit and miss, I don't know whether to turn in late to get a good exit or just hug the apex until I can power out.

I want to be able to change my brake balance between turn 1 and the double left hander. I find it needs to be really forward for the double left so your back end doesn't step out, but it needs to be more neutral for turn 1 to get better braking. Stupid G27 with it's unmappeable buttons :grumpy: It's a little difficult to operate the DS3 on that small straight. Had it been a longer straight with no kink, maybe...

Tumblin down... I knew T2 wasn't good enough, now I know by how much. Should make for an interesting finish.

Wow, nice one Kev! 👍
That double lefter is really being a 🤬 to me.

45:55, BB 5/6
T2 deffinetly needs work

Wow, nice one Kev! 👍
That double lefter is really being a 🤬 to me.

45:55, BB 5/6
T2 deffinetly needs work

Thanks,

It's Kelvin by the way, not to be confused with Kev (EDK) :sly:

The double left is tricky, I brake in a straight line towards the apex then drift out to the edge of the track accelerating out in 3rd gear.

You did manage a fantastic T1 though:tup:

New splits

T1 18.328
T2 22.043
Haha, thanks, it felt good going around the hairpin... I was wondering how much lower D1 guys were gonna go, and you're showing me low 18.3s are possible and you're in the 22.0s for T2, very nice indeed Kelvin!

A nice simple track like this has levelled the field a bit for DS3 users. I might get mine out later and see how I compare to my G27 times. Who knows, it might be an advantage in T2 as the steering won't snap on me :lol:

Back