GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 3 : FTDLXV?

• Thread starter EDK
  • 408 comments
OK I've submitted now, no time left. I managed to shave 0.4 off my first sector time tonight so I'm well pleased!! Munch and Shigegaki, I'm nowhere near your 2!!
I look forward to seeing some replays :)

T1: 24.162
T2: 21.671

Ok I've run this and got something I consider respectable and submitted, but I'm a bit confused, I submitted my fastest LAP time, but all this talk of T1 and T2 and "the bot adds the splits together" - Am I supposed to submit split times? I don't really understand the "submission" section on the details of the event. I know what my split times are, I've watched the replay, I have the replay saved, I have the split times - I just dunno if I'm supposed to do something with them....

Apologies for being a thicko.

Ok I've run this and got something I consider respectable and submitted, but I'm a bit confused, I submitted my fastest LAP time, but all this talk of T1 and T2 and "the bot adds the splits together" - Am I supposed to submit split times? I don't really understand the "submission" section on the details of the event. I know what my split times are, I've watched the replay, I have the replay saved, I have the split times - I just dunno if I'm supposed to do something with them....

Apologies for being a thicko.

you post your split times up in each weeks thread, and then they are added to the leaderboard.

The Leaderboard is just an indication throughout the week of where you are standing compared to everyone else. Obviously things will change when the complete laps are submitted.

Nice challenge this week, and fun to switch up driving the F1 2007 in the SE challenge, then back to Rome and the Audi TT.

T1: 24.243
T2: 22.018

I started out with good T1+T2, then improved the lap by doing bad on those and having a really nice T3, now I'm back to a bad T3 but even better T1+T2! :ouch: I give up, final splits.

Edit: Great times, Munch. You trying to promote directly to Div2? :)

Final submitted splits. Great in T1 & T3, so so in T2 but still picked up .3 over my previous best.

T1: 23.781
T2: 21.416

It might be a little late to ask this, but is it acceptable to use braking on the outside rumble strips as a way of sliding your car into a turn? (Right after T1 coming up to the sharp right.) I never actually tried to take advantage of it, but it seems like it could be faster to use it. It happens a little in my fastest lap, which is why I'm asking.

Splits:
T1: 0'24.547
T2: 0'22.864

Apollo33: I used the right analog stick instead of buttons this time... weird feeling! It will definitely take some time to get used to and then become proficient with.

Another week, another good couple of tenths left out on the track :grumpy:
Oh well, time submitted with current splits.
Good luck and :cheers: to all.

New splits:

T1: 0'24.036
T2: 0'21.534

I will give it a shot one more time tomorrow morning.

It might be a little late to ask this, but is it acceptable to use braking on the outside rumble strips as a way of sliding your car into a turn? (Right after T1 coming up to the sharp right.) I never actually tried to take advantage of it, but it seems like it could be faster to use it. It happens a little in my fastest lap, which is why I'm asking.

As long as you don't touch the walls you are free to run your lap whichever way you want.

In case you guys haven't noticed, the board is back up :)

:cheers:

Joost

@GTP_Yoshi: if you post your splits on 2 lines (like the other posts) the wrs leaderboard (http://wrs.gtplanet.net) picks your time up and you'll end up on the leaderboard.

Decided to do one last run at this. Found the tenths I knew I could get.

Going to submit with these splits.

T1: 23.953
T2: 21.574

First and only Splits for this week for a grand total of 1 hr spent chasing my tail on this challenge..... the less said about my abilities together with this car the better..

T1: 23.974
T2: 21.337

Submitted with these splits; lost a couple of tenths in the final sector though

Might be able to get a 20 minute run but looks like I will be submitting with splits on the board

clickable​

T1 23.923
T2 21.428

Well that is it for me I have to stop and go to work now. These are by far the best T1 and T2 times I have been able to put up. But I am losing .300 in T3 on this total time although it is my best total lap. Sure wish I had time to find that best T3 again. I wish I could have put up some times over the weekend but I spent it building fence both day. I was just to tired to run good laps. Good luck everyone I sure enjoyed this set up. Looking forward to next weeks.

Submitted with these updated splits:

T1: 23.771
T2: 21.312

Really enjoyed this combo 👍

Unfortunately I couldn't get into that flow that's needed for an exceptional run, but still managed to improve my time.

Good luck and thanks to all who submitted :cheers:

Unfortunately I couldn't get into that flow that's needed for an exceptional run

Lol :D If i'd driven those splits it would be far beyond an 'exceptional run' :dopey:

I'm glad i've just hit my target with a clean lap. I'd already hit my target yesterday and knowing it was a very fast lap I hit the wall in the last corner :nervous: although I still hit my target I couldn't submit ofcourse.

Now i've got a clean lap under my target, although I came on the gas to early in the first righthander after T1 up to T2 forcing me to lift briefly and costing me 2-3 tenths. (i've seen .4 T2's this week) But it was my fastest lap nonetheless:

Good luck all! :)

Back