Sauber Mercedes C9 Race Car '89

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_9.jpg

Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 (No Chicane)

:: Only Open to Qualified GTP_Registered Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_8.jpg

Race Details:

• Mode: GT Mode : Practice
  • Track: World Circuits > Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 (No Chicanes)
  • Car Type: Online Dealer > Standard
  • Make: Germany > Mercedes
  • Model: Sauber C9 Race Car '89

Vehicle Specifics:

• Power: 973 HP (Stock Car with Oil Change)
  • Weight: 893 kg (Stock)
  • Engine, Intake, and Exhaust Modifications : N/A
  • Stage 2 and Stage 3 Turbo Upgrades : Not Allowed. These upgrades are verifiable when watching the turbo boost meter on the HUD. The stock turbo uses the full range of the meter, the upgraded turbos only use a partial range.
  • Oil Change : Required - This specifically refers to the oil indicator light. If the oil light is on during your replay, your lap will be DQ'd.\
  • Traction Control and ASM (Active Stability Management) -Optional
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'
  • All Other Driving Aids: Optional
  • Transmission: Optional - OK to alter individual gear ratios and final drive ratio
  • Aero: Optional
  • Tire Type: R3 (Racing Soft)
  • Other Modifications: Optional (Chassis Reinforcement, Transmission, Drivetrain, Suspension)
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional - NOTE: Any tuning gimmicks that offer an unfair advantage are not allowed. These would be things like the Subaru Toe Bug found on GT5 Prologue.

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_5.jpg

Race Specifics:

• The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects (Including Invisible Walls). Any contact with objects, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • Tarmac and Blue and Yellow Rumble Strips are Track.
  • Tarmac or other surfaces beyond Blue and Yellow Rumble Strips or behind white boundary lines are not track (Except as Specified in Below Pictures).
  • No Other Surfaces are Track.
Track Boundary Specifics

Trackside Left at Exit of Last Chicane/Start of Main Straight

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_19.jpg

CLEAN
CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_20.jpg

DIRTY

Trackside Right at Right Sweeper of Dunlop

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_21.jpg

CLEAN

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_22.jpg

DIRTY

Trackside Left in Lefthand Turn of Dunlop

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_23.jpg

CLEAN

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_24.jpg

DIRTY

Trackside Left at Exit of Dunlop

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_28.jpg

CLEAN

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_29.jpg

DIRTY

Trackside Right Before Last Left of Esses, before Tertre Rogue

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_31.jpg

DIRTY

Trackside Right of Tertre Rouge

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_32.jpg

CLEAN

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_33.jpg

DIRTY

Trackside Left on Exit of Tertre Rouge

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_34.jpg

CLEAN

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_35.jpg

DIRTY

Trackside Left on Approach to Mulsanne

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_36.jpg

CLEAN

Trackside Left At Exit of Mulsanne

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_37.jpg

CLEAN

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_38.jpg

DIRTY

Trackside Left at Exit of for Right in Indianapolis

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_39.jpg

CLEAN

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_40.jpg

DIRTY

Trackside Left at Left Turn in Indianapolis

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_41.jpg

DIRTY

Trackside Right on Exit of First Right of Porsche Curves

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_42.jpg

DIRTY

Trackside Right on Exit of Last of Porsche Curves

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_43.jpg

DIRTY

Trackside Right on Straight Next to Last Chicane

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_44.jpg

CLEAN

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_45.jpg

DIRTY

Right hand Side before Chicanes

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_13.jpg

CLEAN

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_14.jpg

DIRTY

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_12.jpg

DIRTY

Chicanes

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_15.jpg

CLEAN

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_16.jpg

DIRTY

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_17.jpg

CLEAN

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_18.jpg

DIRTY

Steward's Comments:
WOW. Just, WOW.

Viewing Your Lap Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'

• To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times
  • To post your Splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

pb060041mt3.jpg

Save best lap / ghost replay icon

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done, and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_4.jpg

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Lap time
  • Any information which can be used to infer laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• T1 through T5 times
  • Any settings discussion.

Number of splits: 5

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 31 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-) Time: 1'10.100
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, September 19th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_3.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited:
Nice one, Kev, ooops, I mean Jon/Dom/Max. :D 👍

[...deleted whining...]

This should be fun.

EDIT: Can everybody promise not to cut the last chicane, prior to trying to set a good lap? Gives you quite a leg up on your start/finish mph. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Still haven't bought one yet. (Don't spear me!)
Looks like a sweet combo 👍

I'm in. I need to run the 24 hrs. in A-spec, so this seems like good training. I only need to gold in six more races, and the Vettel Challenge, to complete the game. Two races are B-spec, the other four are A-spec. Then I can concentrate again on WRS!!!!

Possibly the best combo so far and for all of 2011 for me 👍

The track is just great. I visit it almost daily for fun and for credit munching in the Ferrari Seasonal.

The car (too bad it's not premium) was a favorite in GT4 to overcome the more difficult challenges.

Will submit first splits tonight after work.

:D

Welcome back Chuk! We missed ya. 👍

EDIT: Not really happy with this lap, as I know I can beat it by 2sec, but it's all I got for tonight.
Let's get this leaderboard started.

I think the settings were pretty close to stock, tranny top speed set to 273mph.

Last edited:
My C9 is stock and at 973hp...
Should be fun week this...I might actually commit.

I may compete in this with my DS3 because my wheel still isn't fixed. But I probably won't submit as I don't feel like submitting D137 times.:dopey:

Last edited:
POOOWEEEEEEEER!

First 5 clean laps. Lost half a second braking way too early after the straight then overcompensated by braking way too late after the next straight. :D Other than that it was not bad.

Down 10 horsepower, noticed it towards the end of the straight. Isn't it typical that you always seem to nail a lap when you need an oil change? :dopey:

Bad exit out of the last turn before Mulsanne. Probably lots of time left in the last two sectors, don't seem to get as much practice there for some reason. ;)

Using Praiano's tune now, but with 0/0 ride height. Going too low seems to bottom the car out on the straights. For some reason his suspension tuning gave me 1 km/h higher top speed.

Last edited:
Awesome...

Huge chunks of time to be had everywhere. Feel like I'm qualifying for the '89 Le Mans!

Bought the car... 10.000 cr. left :D

Is it the GT mode practise or Arcade mode? First post says arcade but don't know for sure.

What Jon said. Awesome.

That's it, just awesome. 👍

Nice to see you in WRS for another mad week Chuk :cheers:

Cool combo, makes me want to dig out my old "Le Mans" movie with "The Man" Steve McQueen.

Revised splits,

T1, 29.993
T2, 28.059
T3, 18.062
T4, 19.925
T5, 27.544

Last edited:
T1: 0'29.460
T2: 0'27.331
T3: 0'18.062
T4: 019.016
T5: 0'26.443

Maybe my first and last go same as last week, been restoring my Pajero the last few weeks, but the work is paying its toll on me.
Body is killing me and I’m finding it hard to concentrate on lapping, don’t want to miss any weeks if I can help it, even if my times do suffer.
Phillip.

Wanted the zonda but this is just awesome. I will be running buckets of laps and i love le mans.

Good way to start spending my 17 million CR too :-) :-D

Uploaded the beautiful images poolhaas keeps creating every week to the board.

Thanks a lot again mate!

:cheers:

PS: Sorry to hear that Phillip! I hope you restore quickly! All the best mate!

Last edited:
Just one question for the admin to get annoyed at me for asking and for this I apologise but I quote the OP:

Any contact with objects, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.

Is this to include the bollards as you can still be on the rumble strip and take them out?
If this is the case then a stratigic lap removing all of the bollards from harms way will give someone more usable track compared to someone not wishing to flout the rules and stay truely clean.
I'm not wishing to cause headaches or problems but I think this could do with being addressed early on.

Uploaded the beautiful images poolhaas keeps creating every week to the board.

Thanks a lot again mate!

:cheers:

PS: Sorry to hear that Phillip! I hope you restore quickly! All the best mate!

Self inflicted Joost
Phillip.

no oil change. Longer gears. Max aero but may lower that to 50/75 next try.

After an oil change on my car that I've had for a while (710miles), I'm up to 973hp. (You said 953hp)

And it doesn't say anything about the level 2 or 3 turbo's that are available.

...And it says Arcade mode....but, but, but! OK, I'm done whining now and am just taking the car out stock in GT mode practice.

Sorted all my mistakes. 973 HP is correct, and upgraded turbos are not allowed. I explain how we verify in the first post.

Just one question for the admin to get annoyed at me for asking and for this I apologise but I quote the OP:

Any contact with objects, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.

Is this to include the bollards as you can still be on the rumble strip and take them out?
If this is the case then a stratigic lap removing all of the bollards from harms way will give someone more usable track compared to someone not wishing to flout the rules and stay truely clean.
I'm not wishing to cause headaches or problems but I think this could do with being addressed early on.

You're not allowed to hit them.

If you take them out and then run where they were and save the ghost replay, the game will show the car taking them out during the replay.

Last go for today. Love this combo, never tried to no chicane-version before. :)

Got a much better exit onto Mulsanne which really shows in both T2 and T3. Wild and crazy right-left before T5 that paid off but then I almost threw it away in the final sector. :scared:

Max aero but may lower that to 50/75 next try.
I was thinking I wanted even more aero, but let us know how it works 👍

Yesssss. I've never been so excited after seeing a combo before. Favourite track, monster of a car. :drool: Not having to upgrade the enginefor a change is just the icing on the cake. 👍

First half an hour, breaking the engine in, no tuning apart from oil change:

Last go for today. Love this combo, never tried to no chicane-version before. :)

Me neither but I must admit it is quite a grin running flat out all the way down. Nice splits so far Jonas 👍

I was thinking I wanted even more aero, but let us know how it works 👍

Have tried a few aero setting so far. I think max downforce will be best in the end though... I set my current fastest with 52/70 which gained +1mph top speed but the car is noticeably more of a handful everywhere else. Loosened the diff to 9/12/12 but done nothing else of significance so far after only 7 laps or so...

Much work to be done but mostly with setup I think - only one major mistake on this lap which was running wide going into the esses.

First half an hour, breaking the engine in, no tuning apart from oil change:

If you buy the car from the Online Dealer, you should not need to break the engine in. I'm going off of how it worked in the DTM cars a few weeks back.

EDK
If you buy the car from the Online Dealer, you should not need to break the engine in.

That's right Kev - just an oil change and you're at max power 👍

There is no break in but you get the full 'break in' equivalent hp from the oil change instead, which irritates me because its inconsistent! How much more power do you get off the oil? Anyone know? 30ish?

There is no break in but you get the full 'break in' equivalent hp from the oil change instead, which irritates me because its inconsistent! How much more power do you get off the oil? Anyone know? 30ish?

You gain 20 BHP, I bought the car earlier in case I have time to run this, sounds great fun:tup:

Back