GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 31 : Flyin' Down Mulsanne

• Thread starter EDK
  • 321 comments
There is no break in but you get the full 'break in' equivalent hp from the oil change instead, which irritates me because its inconsistent! How much more power do you get off the oil? Anyone know? 30ish?

I ran a few laps and forgot to change the oil. Just done it and it went from 927 to 973.

EDK
You're not allowed to hit them.

If you take them out and then run where they were and save the ghost replay, the game will show the car taking them out during the replay.

Thank you for clearing that up EDK 👍

So, I just spent a couple of hours running in Arcade mode, like the original post instructed, now I see it's changed to Practice mode. Does this mean my saved laps in Arcade mode are now useless??

Glad it's early in the week, I was just going to post a new time that was much better (for me anyway) than my last time, I guess there's no point in that now.

Simple enough over site, but hate to throw good laps away.

Can anyone confirm if laps saved in Arcade are void, I would assume so.

So, I just spent a couple of hours running in Arcade mode, like the original post instructed, now I see it's changed to Practice mode. Does this mean my saved laps in Arcade mode are now useless??

Glad it's early in the week, I was just going to post a new time that was much better (for me anyway) than my last time, I guess there's no point in that now.

Simple enough over site, but hate to throw good laps away.

Can anyone confirm if laps saved in Arcade are void, I would assume so.

Well, I wouldn't say they are useless, since you almost certainly would not have submitted a lap from your first 2 hours of running, and you got to practice the combo.

My attention to detail was clearly lacking last night, I made several mistakes on the first post.

My apologies, but please don't post splits from a run in arcade mode.

First go, this lap was .02x sec faster than the previous :dopey:

Some errors here and there, still trying to find out how far I can take this car.

No problem Kev, we all make mistakes. And like you said, the practice always helps. I had just done a great lap, and was pleased with it, only to find out I can't submit it. A bit of a let down, if you know what I mean.

Guess I'll just have to repeat or better it in Practice mode.

Would like to thank you and all the admins. for doing a great job putting these events on.👍

Dream combo :D
I'm having GT4 flashbacks :lol: I haven't seen this car in the game until just this week!

Body is killing me and I’m finding it hard to concentrate on lapping, don’t want to miss any weeks if I can help it, even if my times do suffer.
Phillip.

Hope you fell better soon Phillip, you've definitely inspired me to keep trying each week!
I've only recently noticed your incredible WRS streak. 78 in a row!, including the current event :bowdown:

As much as I want to jump straight to this wicked combo, I feel required to run the Renault rally first 👍
No dessert until I finish my vegetables :lol:

Keep on racing Phillip! All the best!
:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Marc

Last edited:
Ok guys first set of splits for me.

T1 29.723
T2 27.700
T3 18.259
T4 19.514
T5 26.712

Latest splits in Practice mode, this is a great combo, good fun.

T1, 29.606
T2, 27.858
T3, 18.142
T4, 19.595
T5, 27.004

Love the combo, driving down the Mulsanne at 240mph is pure bliss 👍

T1 - 29.124
T2 - 27.005
T3 - 18.251
T4 - 19.134
T5 - 27.880

I know my reg hasn't come through yet but it may do before the end of this week (might not as well) so I'm joining in just to see where I am.
My first 3 laps produced these splits on my fastest lap
T1 29.697
T2 27.744
T3 18.178
T4 19.228
T5 27.097

EDK
If you buy the car from the Online Dealer, you should not need to break the engine in. I'm going off of how it worked in the DTM cars a few weeks back.

Yeah, you're right. My mistake.👍

Messed around with gears, and put max downforce, haven't touched anything else yet.

Lots of fun. :dopey:

Last splits of the night, quite chuffed with the times I'm setting with this setup.

T1 - 28.788
T2 - 27.053
T3 - 18.252
T4 - 19.111
T5 - 26.414

First lap with standard settings and only 927bhp(only just bought it )
no mods no tuning .

A lot more to come ,with some tuning i can see 5 secs minimum.

Seems I probably made another mistake by not being more specific about runoff areas.

Specifically, there's a large runoff of tarmac past the rumble on trackside right at the last of the Porsche curves.

I'm going to update the fist post to state that tarmac beyond white boundary lines is not track.

Please take note of this, I would really rather not spend another hour taking pictures of everything that isn't track.

EDIT: BTW, thanks for talking me into this one. It's quite the rush, and the brakes on this thing are just unbelievable.

I know my reg hasn't come through yet but it may do before the end of this week (might not as well) so I'm joining in just to see where I am.
My first 3 laps produced these splits on my fastest lap
T1 29.697
T2 27.744
T3 18.178
T4 19.228
T5 27.097

Done another 40 minutes and improved my overall time by quite a bit although slower in a couple of sectors than I was earlier

T1 29.110
T2 27.541
T3 18.460
T4 19.142
T5 26.457

One more 5 lap run tonight:

OK, one more...

Still using pretty stock setup except

Camber 3.0/1.2
Toe 0.0/0.0

LSD 9/16/12

Aero 60/82

Love it. I've probably spent more GT time driving Group C and LMP cars round La Sarthe than any other car/track combo. Big slap on the back to whoever talked Kev into it. 👍 And another for Kev for being talked into it. :cheers:

Last edited:
Looks good, I think i'll give this a good go this week 👍 I'm not too good on La Sarthe despite having ran a 24 hour race here in GT4, so it'll be a good learning experience for me, even if I don't expect to be anywhere near the front.

Ok guys first set of splits for me.

WOW a double, hope you can show up regularly again 👍

I'm all down w/ this but I have some unfinshed biz on the dirt. Some party crasher is sitting on top of me and it feelz like a ton of bricks. At least there the stuffed kind :)

faux-brick-chairs-2-500x265.jpg

Can everybody promise not to cut the last chicane, prior to trying to set a good lap? Gives you quite a leg up on your start/finish mph.

This.

Looking at my 31.XXX T1 time (I haven't posted my splits yet), either some drivers are getting that boost by cutting the chicane, or I'm pretty terrible driving the C9 and need waaay more practice. :ouch:

This.

Looking at my 31.XXX T1 time (I haven't posted my splits yet), either some drivers are getting that boost by cutting the chicane, or I'm pretty terrible driving the C9 and need waaay more practice. :ouch:

Don't feel bad I'm sure I'll be thinking the same thing .... maybe :)

Had a few laps, before oil change.

Lots of fun, I just don't know the track well at all yet. :dunce:

This.

Lets hope everyone is playing fair here, I'm sure they are.

I was turning 31s in T1 my first laps, now I'm in the 29s. So if I can turn 29s without cutting the chicane I'm sure you can too.👍

First half an hour of running:

T1: 28.745
T2: 27.451
T3: 18.265
T4: 19.557
T5: 26.977

I'm doing better than I thought I would, my times in the Ferrari seasonal event were pretty slow compared to most people, I think the chicanes on the straight were my weakest area, which doesn't matter here.

I'm running full downforce, stock suspension/brake balance. LSD is 8/14/10.

The one area I am struggling with it the gears. It's quite odd. I wasn't hitting my top speed so I shortened the gears a bit, but then I was going even slower. It seems to me that the powerband is well below the redline so gear setup and short shifting could be worth a second or two over the lap. I haven't get found good ratios for the straight, but if anyone can help me out it would be much appreciated. I did try an almost stock setup with a very long 5th gear and I was hitting 242mph, but I was suffering elsewhere as 5th gear became next to useless apart from the main straight.

Dream combo :D
I'm having GT4 flashbacks :lol: I haven't seen this car in the game until just this week!

Hope you fell better soon Phillip, you've definitely inspired me to keep trying each week!
I've only recently noticed your incredible WRS streak. 78 in a row!, including the current event :bowdown:

As much as I want to jump straight to this wicked combo, I feel required to run the Renault rally first 👍
No dessert until I finish my vegetables :lol:

Keep on racing Phillip! All the best!
:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Marc

Keep going Marc.

They say it’s the taking part, for me it’s the support for a great series and, you do come across some weird combo’s at times that you would never think of trying out in the game.

This is what is doing me in at the moment, self inflicted suffering.

Phillip.

New Splits:

Pretty good, but I messed up the end of the lap.

I'm losing well over a second because of the straights, my gear ratios are letting me down, I can't find a balance between top speed and acceleration that works for my downforce setting. I don't want to reduce my downforce, i'm having enough problems at the Porsche curves as it is.

Back