GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 32 : Gettin' Groceries

• Thread starter EDK
  • 264 comments
Really fun to drive this car, my tires are smoking through almost all corners.

Hopefully I'll be buying lots of groceries this week :P

Looks great. One of my favorite GT4 WRS combos was the Lancia Stratos here.

Jerome

1st few laps at this, Just to get some times on the board.

T1 22.233
T2 37.443

Last corner of sector 2 is where I keep losing all my good laps but hopefully I'll have that sorted sometime.

Well at least Im ahead of the guy who ran 1 minute plus times thru both sectors on the splits board. hahahaha

I used to secretly think I posses the natural driving abilities on par with D4 drivers...I no longer can pretend Im that good on average at GT5. Yet Ive freaking gotten top ten in seasonal TTs! How the heck is that even possible????

I always seem to have the worst initial splits on the whole board...if I even post them. Its weird.

Could someone make me an honorary member of D5 please?:)👍

1st few laps at this, Just to get some times on the board.

T1 22.233
T2 37.443

A few more laps.

T1 21.784
T2 37.194

Jack your in D2 for a reason everyone is better on one sort of combo or another. Stick with it man.

Where to cut, where to be conservative to not be dqf?

Very risky 2nd chicane, just before the end of T1. Too much conservative in first left :( and final esses, but quite fluent.
What I did in sector 2 :scared: ??

T1: 21.447
T2: 36.697

What? Third temporary overall T1+T2??!!!
Can't believe it :embarrassed:

What? Third temporary overall T1+T2??!!!
Can't believe it :embarrassed:

Just need to work on T1 and your be top! great T2, i was struggling there going to have another try :)

EDIT
T1- 21.181
T2-36.771

EDIT 2- Forgot to save replay went back and tryed again, first lap improved by over .1 overall by lost abit in T2

T1-21.177
T2-36.819

Last edited:
Gave the combo a decent spin, so now I have some preliminary splits to submit...

T1: 22.591
T2: 38.173

Hmmm... definitely room for improvement 👍
(I hope...!)

Last edited:
Very addictive. :D

T1: 21.088
T2: 36.848

Not an ideal T2, but improved at the line significantly.

For those struggling with understeer, I found using BB of 8/4 really helped in reducing those issues.

T1-21.052
T2-36.741

Was on standard BB, might have to fiddle about with that pretty close to limit on standard.

First 20min:

Greatness 👍

EDIT:

No idea why im losing so much in t1, but gotta watchthe giants game on mnf :sly:

Jerome

Last edited:
I didn't know you could adjust the BB.... What else can be adjusted??

Only the BB can be adjusted, but other functions such as TC, ASM and ABS can also be adjusted in-race. If you have a DFGT these functions come as standard but it can be set to other wheels in the options menu.

I didn't know you could adjust the BB.... What else can be adjusted??

Yeah until I started doing the WRS I didnt know you could adjust that either. Like in all the licensce tests and special events and stuff to. Another option I have heard wheel guys talk about is using a DS3 to change your settings then restart the lap if you cant get your wheel buttons wont work.

I have a g27 and can't have the BB on the wheel. Is adjusting via wheel the only way? Cause I didn't see the option in the TT menu. I'll check out the DS3 thing a ma bob when I get home.

I have a g27 and can't have the BB on the wheel. Is adjusting via wheel the only way? Cause I didn't see the option in the TT menu. I'll check out the DS3 thing a ma bob when I get home.

You go into the controller options menu pick your wheel or the DS3 control and set up the RA functions.

Ok thanks fir that. I tried a while ago doing it on the wheel but never tried with DS3. Easy peasy

Tons of laps now just to try to pass all the D4 drivers on the splits board. Now in D3 territory. The only thing that made me go faster was messing with the brake balance. I tried the suggested 8/4 to combat understeer...didnt find it to do that tho myself. After boatloads of trial and error I found 0/4 to work well but if its the best then Im in trouble.

T1: 22.042
T2: 37.028

T1: 21.741
T2: 37.141

Last edited:
I'm losing a bucketload in T1, that turn 2 left hander is very tricky to master, but i'll get that eventually. Can't seem to find the extra 2 tenths in T2 though.

Provisional Times.

After a grand total of 3 laps I have these splits:

Not great, but thats with the conservative lines i use when racing here. I'm sure with practice I can go much quicker. There is seconds to be had just by using all of the kerbs. It's fresher's week and have just settled in to my new flat but I may not have much time to practice this week.

I think I prefer the arcade combos, if my times are slow I know it's me and not the car, so I just practice rather than altering the setup. The DTM event at the Nurburgring and the Sauber last week show GT mode combos are a weakness of mine.

Another session, took a bit off but still some more to come:

T1: 21.064
T2: 36.669

Latest Posts

Back