GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 32 : Gettin' Groceries

• Thread starter EDK
  • 264 comments
I have a g27 and can't have the BB on the wheel. Is adjusting via wheel the only way? Cause I didn't see the option in the TT menu. I'll check out the DS3 thing a ma bob when I get home.

I'm new too with in race controls, as a mate suggested me in Madrid event. I also use the G27 and mapped that controls to DS3 buttons.

The only thing that made me go faster was messing with the brake balance. I tried the suggested 8/4 to combat understeer...didnt find it to do that tho myself. After boatloads of trial and error I found 0/4 to work well but if its the best then Im in trouble.
I did my time with 0/10, suggested by another racer in first page. The car behaviour didn't change a lot: the C30 don't suffers too much of drop throttle understeer... quite often I'm fighting oversteer :D

There is seconds to be had just by using all of the kerbs. It's fresher's week and have just settled in to my new flat but I may not have much time to practice this week.

I think I prefer the arcade combos, if my times are slow I know it's me and not the car, so I just practice rather than altering the setup. The DTM event at the Nurburgring and the Sauber last week show GT mode combos are a weakness of mine.
I'm very conservative in T1 and T3. Just think I'm using all the kerb but in replay there is another half meter, or a yard.... I also suffer in GT mode combos. Also require a lot of time to tune the car as you wish.

Last edited:
Seem to be struggling with this one

T1 21.238
T2 36.828

Loosing a lot of time in T1 and T2, have had .1s in T1 and .7s in T2, but they seem very hard to come by.

I need a coach to teach me how to drive FF cars properly, as i'm smoking to much in the first corner of T2 and a couple of other places.

Will keep at it, but not expecting to much of an improvement on this :ouch:

BB seems to be helping a little, can't seem to produce .0s T1s now though, big gains in T2

T1-21.107
T2-36.597

I need a coach to teach me how to drive FF cars properly, as i'm smoking to much in the first corner of T2 and a couple of other places.
Just overtaken by you 👍 and can't teach you nothing, but if it helps, FF cars understeer with too much steering angle like FR ones do. If tires smoke you are approaching too fast or using too much angle. The slip angle rule is valid with front FF tires too

EDIT: if only outer tire smoke, it's only for differential setting, not for improper steering

Just overtaken by you 👍 and can't teach you nothing, but if it helps, FF cars understeer with too much steering angle like FR ones do. If tires smoke you are approaching too fast or using too much angle. The slip angle rule is valid with front FF tires too

EDIT: if only outer tire smoke, it's only for differential setting, not for improper steering

Yeah, smoke on the way in = bad, smoke on the way out can = good. Not always, but sometimes. ;)

Just wondering what everyone's stance is on using the Real Grip option. Do people use it in the WRS or is it generally ignored? 'Cause I've been using it for a while now but if it turns out people don't use it and I'm losing time because of that then I need to drop it.

Anyway first 5 laps on the track, first splits, which aren't so bad.

T1 - 21.465
T2 - 37.328

Just wondering what everyone's stance is on using the Real Grip option. Do people use it in the WRS or is it generally ignored? 'Cause I've been using it for a while now but if it turns out people don't use it and I'm losing time because of that then I need to drop it.

Anyway first 5 laps on the track, first splits, which aren't so bad.

T1 - 21.465
T2 - 37.328

It's not easily verified, so we have to allow people to use the "low" option.

Keeping it on real will definitely put you at a competitive disadvantage.

EDK
It's not easily verified, so we have to allow people to use the "low" option.

Keeping it on real will definitely put you at a competitive disadvantage.

lol, I've really made myself look like a complete idiot in the last few days. Thanks for the heads-up 👍

EDIT: Mild improvement with Real Grip turned off. New splits:

T1 - 21.325
T2 - 37.288

Last edited:

Ok T1, but missed the apex for turn 3 so thats a couple of tenths lost. I had a terrible T2, missed every apex. My T3 was good but there is lots of room for impovement.

I can't have long sessions like I usually do, i'm stuck with having multiple shorter sessions, this latest session was only 4 laps, i've made very little progress apart from a cleaner T1.

T1; 22.520
T2; 37.489

Happy with that so far but my T3 isn't great so a few more tenths to gain thee.

I don't seem to be finding a good way through the long right hander in sector 2. On a dirty lap I used the handbrake and got a lot faster round that corner but can't seem to pull it off again.

Any chance we can open up a new thread? Somewhere where I can go and let out all my anger and aggression :lol:

I seem to be fine when we are driving tuned FF cars, but for some reason seem to struggle when it comes to stock FF cars. No need for you guys to point out where I am on the leaderboard like last time as splits mean nothing :sly:

Any advice on how to take the first right in T2? I know I am loosing a lot of time there but just can't figure it out :crazy:

Any chance we can open up a new thread? Somewhere where I can go and let out all my anger and aggression :lol:

I seem to be fine when we are driving tuned FF cars, but for some reason seem to struggle when it comes to stock FF cars. No need for you guys to point out where I am on the leaderboard like last time as splits mean nothing :sly:

Any advice on how to take the first right in T2? I know I am loosing a lot of time there but just can't figure it out :crazy:

You can rant in here, just don't blame the combo for your struggles. ;)

If you mean the loop corner, this being more of a momentum combo, I think of the technique as carrying speed in, scrubbing it gradually with light braking to get to apex, and time getting back on throttle perfectly, so the car pushes you out to the left rumble but not off the track.

Another way of saying it is you need to trail brake it, coast, and get back on throttle as soon as you can without having to lift to avoid going off track.

I gave it a go yesterday and for that corner I just brake really late and double apex it dropping down to about 45 mph, similar to how you would take the first corner on Madrid but you have to get used to braking later than you would think as it is a really long corner. Doing this method was getting me .5 splits through T2, I just couldn't get the last sector down with my good T1 and T2.

Current combined T1 and T2 is a 57.9xx with a beast T3, but I have run 57.7xx splits multiple times and thrown them away.

Will give this another go sometime and I'll remember to put some splits up, but I'm having too much fun with Gears of War 3 at the minute!

EDK
You can rant in here, just don't blame the combo for your struggles. ;)

If you mean the loop corner, this being more of a momentum combo, I think of the technique as carrying speed in, scrubbing it gradually with light braking to get to apex, and time getting back on throttle perfectly, so the car pushes you out to the left rumble but not off the track.

Another way of saying it is you need to trail brake it, coast, and get back on throttle as soon as you can without having to lift to avoid going off track.

I am not blaming the combo, i'm having a go at myself for not being able to drive FF cars very well :lol:

Thanks for the tip for the loop corner 👍 but I am one of those idiots that seems to get stuck in my own ways of taking a corner, and find it very hard to try new ways. I try telling myself I am doing something the wrong way, but my brain doesn't seem to listen :sly:

Cheers Spud, give you're technique a go as well 👍

I am not blaming the combo, i'm having a go at myself for not being able to drive FF cars very well :lol:

I know you aren't blaming the combo, I was just saying we don't need a new thread for your rant. ;)

Anyhow, sounds like Spud might be saying a version of what I was saying (brake late).

I think double apex is debatable on this one, but I've only run some test laps and a brief (interrupted) session. Not ready to post any splits.

EDK
I know you aren't blaming the combo, I was just saying we don't need a new thread for your rant. ;)

Anyhow, sounds like Spud might be saying a version of what I was saying (brake late).

I think double apex is debatable on this one, but I've only run some test laps and a brief (interrupted) session. Not ready to post any splits.

🤬🤬🤬 Rant over for now :lol:

Going to have another go at it now, just giving the warning in case things don't go according to plan :sly:

Frustration and addiction ,signs of a good combo :)

Chasing the tenths now,if not hundredths.

T1: 21.458
T2: 37.255

Frustration and addiction ,signs of a good combo :)

Chasing the tenths now,if not hundredths.

T1: 21.458
T2: 37.255

Nice to see you back in here for a bit. :cheers:

I'm new too with in race controls, as a mate suggested me in Madrid event. I also use the G27 and mapped that controls to DS3 buttons.

I did my time with 0/10, suggested by another racer in first page. The car behaviour didn't change a lot: the C30 don't suffers too much of drop throttle understeer... quite often I'm fighting oversteer :D

I'm very conservative in T1 and T3. Just think I'm using all the kerb but in replay there is another half meter, or a yard.... I also suffer in GT mode combos. Also require a lot of time to tune the car as you wish.

Just so you know Im the one who suggested 0/10 at first.:)

While taking the last spot on the leaderboard, I had another go at it..
This time adjusting the BB a bit (3/5).

Manage to make a slight better time, but not sure If it was caused by BB or just using the curbs more...

New splits:
T1: 22.345
T2: 37.627

Small improvement on both sectors, but still slow compared to most of the other drivers splits...

Just so you know Im the one who suggested 0/10 at first.:)
That 👍
Thanks. Still using it. I was slowly approaching to that, but you convinced me to go through the extreme balance :sly:

I was under that 4 tenth but ruined all in T3 getting red.
After that lap I managed to reply only with a good T1 and T3. T2 2 tenth slower than yesterday. I'll try other ways, maybe a bit more front tires braking.

T1: 21.209
T2: 36.885

It's only me or Autumn red time = more than 2 tires out of track (inside) ?

New splits:

T1 21.184
T2 36.698

Made a complete 🤬 of T3, but now hopefully going to make some more progress.

Have another go at this one tomorrow

Back