GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 36 : Dan Wheldon Tribute Race

• Thread starter EDK
  • 192 comments
Actually I do because I know someone else will also try again and will go lower before the end. Mad "Last Minute" Max. hahaha

Without a doubt Pekka is going to show up with a .48x or lower and canĀ“t even imagine about Yanaran time ... aliens and is secret nitro button :dopey::sly:

Even though I am not taking part this week I am glad that the runoff area on the left side after turn one is now out of bounds. A šŸ‘ to the stewards for that.

Yeah, it looks like there was a D1 convention somewhere, but they forgot to tell Yanaran!

Even though I am not taking part this week I am glad that the runoff area on the left side after turn one is now out of bounds. A šŸ‘ to the stewards for that.

ItĀ“s not out of bounds, ruled Kevin.
Maybe he meant now "In Bounds" or noT out of bounds.

Either way, was just trying to make a tough week easier, and that rule could be different next time we are here.

Question: Where's the rest of D1? :confused:

I would say the Spa DLC has alot to do with it.

New splits.

T1: 12.045
T2: 12.503

Did one of my best T3s on this lap within a few thousandths of my PB. Would prefer to have nice flashy time to the T2 checkpoint on the splits board tho and look like Im one of the top 3 fastest.:)

Edit: Some flashy looking splits.:)

T1: 11.956
T2: 12.512

Last edited:
My reason for not competing is purely a dislike of the Formula cars. I actually have very little spare time at the moment also as we're getting ready to move house a week and I've just had to build a fence at the new property this weekend before we get the keys! Busy is an understatement :D

Best of luck to everyone with this combo.

R.I.P Dan Wheldon and Marco Simoncelli

Last chance for me, 40laps led me to almost 0.2 improvement overall, and personal bests in all 3 sectors. šŸ‘

Jack, you're an animal, for real. šŸ‘

It's actually a little bit confusing. It does say "all hard surfaces are track" in the threadstart but it also says "runoff areas are not track"

Final Splits

T1: 12.054
T2: 12.729

Last edited:
Raised the downforce back up to where I had it originally. Figured it was better to focus on getting a great run out of T2 as that was the most important part of the lap.

T1: 12.566
T2: 13.046

Submitting with these splits.

Was hoping to get a bit more out of it but I'm just unable to. Never been that great with open wheel cars.

Last edited:
It's actually a little bit confusing. It does say "all hard surfaces are track" in the threadstart but it also says "runoff areas are not track"

:ouch:

The runoff areas bit is not supposed to be there.

Sorry to do this on the last day, but taking that off now. Apologies to anyone who honored it, if any.

EDIT: I see where you mean now, that's in the standard, clean OLR rules. Those never change from week to week. The race specifics are intended to clarify and even override the standard, clean OLR rules, in some cases. Did not change anything in first post, and the same rule still applies. In general, runoff areas are not track when competing in a WRS. If you don't see anything specifically posted about them, it doesn't mean they are fair game.

However, with the clarification that all hard surfaces are track, you are free to use them, just keep away from the walls.

Without a doubt Pekka is going to show up with a .48x or lower and canĀ“t even imagine about Yanaran time ... aliens and is secret nitro button :dopey::sly:

Be carefull what you wish for..

EDIT: my final splits:

MadMax

Last edited:
You don't need to worry about me, I'm not much of a FGT person. :) If it had been one of the Ferraris I'd be all over it!

My current T3 is pretty bad aswell since I don't run high/low ride height so I'm probably well behind all of you at the line.

I'm done for this week since my FGT is broken.
I can no longer take 1st corner the way I did and 11.xxx T1s are no more.
Submitting with current splits.

I'm satisfied with my perfromance, first ever WRS and about 10 days behind a wheel.
My current time could have been better by 0.200 at most if I had a flawless run, which I in those 3000km I ran didn't have.

Looking forward to seeing the results and big :bowdown: to all people above me, I need to get much better.

Cheers.

New splits:

T1: 12.159
T2: 12.886

Had a lap with a similar T1 and a 12.77 in T2 but I touched the wall in the first corner :banghead:

Totally abusing the allowed parts of the track. ;) I suspect Pekka will pull away on the final straight though.

Is that your fastest ever T1 or did you go even faster? :nervous:

No :sly:

T2 looks worse than it is, better exit speed out of the left-hander let me overtake the ghost in the first right in T3 and pull away by about .02 at the line.

Back