GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 36 : Dan Wheldon Tribute Race

• Thread starter EDK
  • 192 comments

Still using MadMax's setup, but with active steering this time, and not braking for the first turn. But my front tires don't get "just about to go red", they get REALLY red!

Still using MadMax's setup, but with active steering this time, and not braking for the first turn. But my front tires don't get "just about to go red", they get REALLY red!
Then you're turning just a little too hard to get the best possible time, but it will get you around. :)

New splits. Didn't run a good line through the S curve so it slowed my T2 down.

T1:12.765
T2:13.065

Better lap. Better line through T2. Lowered the downforce and raised the ride height be 3mm.

T1: 12.617
T2: 13.062

Last edited:
From Kaz Tweets thread:

Kaz's response regarding the throttle issue:

バックトルク・リミッターです。エンジンブレーキが効きすぎてスピンしないよう適度に スロットルを開けます

TCSdisable
This is back-torque limiter, for more efferent of Engine brake and avoid Spinning issue, so the throttle is still open in suitable levels.

Last edited:
I guess couldn't notice because I used sixaxis up untill 1 week ago.

On topic - I swear I saw a 11.923 T1 yesterday, the moment I saw it I lost control. Unbelieveable...

After much trying I have decided not to carry on with this one, I'm just getting worse and worse. Its a shame that I love F1 but am terrible at using the F1 cars on GT5 lol. Hopefully next weeks competition will be more for me :)

Submitting with these splits as I have two personal best sectors and the remaining within a hundredth of my personal best.

T1: 12.101
T2: 12.652

RIP Dan Wheldon.

On to AsaparaWhat? Online. Licking my chops for Spa to show up here in NA. :drool:

PS> Don't forget to submit this week with the leading 0 as in Time: 0'XX.XXX

I can't let this event pass by - I genuinely felt awful about this when it was confirmed on Twitter late last Sunday night, local time. Dan is one of those inspiring people who went to another country and way of life and conquered it many times over - I rank him as one of the best British drivers in recent memory, so I will run laps later this evening despite having to shift half a living room around in order to do so.

Onto happier times - I'm getting more and more wheel practice - not sure I am totally ready for a Formula GT though, might be some pretty incredible accidents on the cards :D

Will try and buy/DL Spa DLC later too

Matt

I can't let this event pass by - I genuinely felt awful about this when it was confirmed on Twitter late last Sunday night, local time. Dan is one of those inspiring people who went to another country and way of life and conquered it many times over - I rank him as one of the best British drivers in recent memory, so I will run laps later this evening despite having to shift half a living room around in order to do so.

Onto happier times - I'm getting more and more wheel practice - not sure I am totally ready for a Formula GT though, might be some pretty incredible accidents on the cards :D

Will try and buy/DL Spa DLC later too

Matt

Mate, I also have about 1 week of wheel experience so we're on the same boat.
FGT is actually very nice to drive with a wheel, it isn't hard.

Here are my settings:
SEN 750
FFB 100
DRI 2
SHO 100
ABS 85
LIN 0
DZO 10
SPR 0
DAM 0

GT5 settings:
Simulation

Try these settings out if you like.

I've borrowed an fgt from gtp_ash32 (cheers!) cos i don't have one.... Nor had the money for one now they're expensive again. Tried a few laps but....very bad.

Don't get T2 at all. Fun and frantic.

Last edited:
new splits, still struggling with T2 I find the quicker I do the first turn the slower I do the second turn, need to find a bit of middle ground with them.

T1: 12.047
T2: 12.779

Last edited:
T1: 12.083
T2: 12.483

Finally get to post a real red time split.👍

Lucas its not in a sector that seems to call for cracking a cold one either this time. hahahaha

Edit: Well that was fun to see on the leaderboard now to try and beat my OT yet again. I have to believe another tenth can be gotten out of T2 just because someone always seems able to go 1 tenth quicker than me thru most sectors in TTs.

Last edited:
Nice job, Jack, and funny comment (refering back to the La Sarthe week). 👍:lol:

Good work to Hasslemoff too, you shook up D3 there a little. 👍 I'll have one more try Sunday night.

T1: 11.991
T2: 12.544

:)

I dont think Im near to my limit yet. Its still to easy to keep beating my OT.

Edit: relativly speaking easy is what I mean. No different fom any other TT where usually when I post splits I went tenths lower not hundreths. lol

Last edited:
Cut my times a little, will probably have to submit with these splits.

T1 12.219
T2 12.790

Realised what I did wrong...I had my wheel rotation set up at 750 :dunce: so I overloaded the front tires everytime in T2.

Ah the wheel noob... :dunce:

New splits, I hope I'll have time to get that 12.5xx T2.

T1: 11.995
T2: 12.645

Gained .3 at S/F totally from improving my T2 with ...

Still a lot to be gained in the middle sector ...

Out of respect to Dan, his family and friends.

My spilts:

T1 13.121
T2 13.435

@918hp

T1 12.751
T2 13.452

@ proper power

Last edited:
Its taken alot of trying to try and catch you at T2 and I still havent. hahaha

You are a dang good driver.👍

Thanks Jake, you´re a a great opponent also :cheers:

Going to give you a final challenge :sly: as i moving on to the next week :dopey:

Submiting with this:

T1: 11.966
T2: 12.541

On the one hand I'm chuffed as I improved my time today.

T1: 12.358
T2: 13.193

On the other hand I can answer this question...

Does the DS3 let you turn the wheels enough to overheat the fronts? You have to turn until they're just about to go red to make it around full throttle.

...with a yes. I upped the front camber to 2.5 and have seen a few T1s in the region of 12.1xx, however, there are two problems.

1. It's not easy to time the turn in and exit. Also it doesn't work on lap 1. So it's a low percentage manoeuvre.

2. It seems to make the esses trickier, so I usually lose the time I gain in T2.

Hopefully I'll hit it right in my next session.

Back