GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 37 : The Tsukuba 500

• Thread starter EDK
  • 182 comments

Still see 2 tenths in T2 but for now my T3 is to fast to beat.

Nice combo,seems easy but is rather difficult to maintain the speed in practice.

Nice combo,seems easy but is rather difficult to maintain the speed in practice.

Yeah that's it in a nutshell... all about momentum with this kart. :)

Getting a better rhythm with it bit by bit...

Oh yeah, I'm using Kev's setup now 👍 ... pretty much what we ran the Civic RM with in Week 15 as I recall. Horrible... :sly:

Last edited:
First session:

T1-16.923
T2-21.031

Had a .796 T1 once but T2 is puzzling me can't crack 21, atleast ive got about 6bhp to come:)

Haven't done any tuning lately,but has the rideheight bug been fixed with the latest update?...as in it was reversed or wrong way round before...??

cheers,

spy.

Haven't done any tuning lately,but has the rideheight bug been fixed with the latest update?...as in it was reversed or wrong way round before...??

cheers,

spy.

Does not seem to be fixed.

I set the car up with min rear and max front, and it seemed to help with understeer.

And setups that I made before update are still working.

Online is an entirely different animal, and you can't be as extreme with the setups. But that was always the case.

EDK
Does not seem to be fixed.

I set the car up with min rear and max front, and it seemed to help with understeer.

And setups that I made before update are still working.

Online is an entirely different animal, and you can't be as extreme with the setups. But that was always the case.

Ok Kevin thanks... strange they havn't fixed this because it was asked and spoken of in just about every forum all over the net...

But know what to do now 👍

spy.

Revised splits. EDK's suspension set (does drive a lot better), my LSD and brake settings.

T1, 17.053
T2, 21.030

WOW Mill, just amazing time. You must have got one heck of a sling shot through the horse shoe. Great job 👍 Hope you can improve on it or it could drive you crazy posting it so early :banghead:

Last edited:
strange they havn't fixed this because it was asked and spoken of in just about every forum all over the net...

Ridiculous isn't it? I'm beginning to think it may not be as simple as the ride height mechanics being the opposite of the ones displayed though.... I think there may be an inherent issue with the tyres load/grip calculation. Anyway...

Not sure how much more time to find. Traditionally I say "looking for 2 tenths" then go 2 tenths quicker but am still looking for another 2 tenths. So I'm saying nothing... I'll wait and see how fast Spy goes. Or Mark when he figures out sector 2... :sly:

Wow I really can't do this first sector. Any tips for that first corner?

I like to look at turns in two ways, either their momentum based or their distance based. This one tells me it's distance. I'm thinking that you need to control your entry going in as you try to shut down to the speed the tires will stay stuck and not push wide. If you push wide going in, "SLOW DOWN". On exiting the turn if you push out wide it is generally the cause of early gas pedal so have more faith in your entry that should match somewhat the arc of the turn and at all times "STAY SMOOTH" apply power early but just to equal ground speed (watch out for the big lurch from attitude shift) then power up easily and progressively but don't punch it until your attack angle won't push you off into "Red Light Land". Tire squeil noise is your friend in that it's telling you that your probibly loosing time and traction. Don't forget that this is a front wheel drive thing and It can help pull you out of the turn so use that as a steering helper only for the last 15% of the turn. These are my rules of thumb and it's the paper back version not the technical version, good luk 👍

Last edited:
Just changed to Kevin's tune.

Spy great to see you too here :cheers:

-- update --
I used to dislike this track because I never got it. But now I begin to see where the tenths are lurking.

Still at 131hp, but now Bob is off to break it in completely.

I softened Kevins tune a little bit because all the U-turn exits are bumpy, it is easy to loose traction there. So rear (=front) ride height -15 instead of -25. But dont listen to my tuning tips, if they are right it is pure luck :dunce:

Last edited:
Im going to take the racing suspension off and try a lap and go from there I guess. Tried the racing suspension at default setings and the Max Min settings I feel no difference.

I am thinking it just cant really be like this to drive this car for real. Cars have to turn. I think its probably a law that they do to be street legal. If not it should be I think.:)

Few more laps and went a little faster... :)

T1:0'16.710
T2:0'20.804

Not the best last sector tho...Its so easy to run just that little bit to wide in the last turn to lose all the goodwork done in the lap... :ouch:

spy.

Im going to take the racing suspension off and try a lap and go from there I guess. Tried the racing suspension at default setings and the Max Min settings I feel no difference.

I am thinking it just cant really be like this to drive this car for real. Cars have to turn. I think its probably a law that they do to be street legal. If not it should be I think.:)

We haven't done a lot of N2 tires in here. I think the grip limit comes at a much different point, and what people perceive to be the car not turning is actually the tires not working anymore.

EDK
I also setup the transmission with about 100 mph max speed and tuning for all the gears after doing the GT5 tranny trick. But don't have the PS3 on right now to tell you exactly what the settings were. Will post my full setup after I run a session later.
Sorry for being a dopey but can you remind me of the tranny trick again please? I remember from the GT4 days that you have to do a full right then left slide on the final ratio gearing.

Thanks for the tune, will give it a go later on today.

👍

Tranny tick is the same thing.

Final drive all the way right, top speed all the way left.

Adjust individual ratios to your desired spread, then change final drive only to set top speed.

For my gears, first would be all the way left, 6th all the way right, 2nd nearly all the way left, then the other 3 just an even spread, but stretching somewhat as you get closer to 6th.

No session yet, will post a proper tune if I have time to run tonight.

Still struggling with the first sector, but I managed to put in a last sector that I haven't come close to yet from yesterday I think I'll submit that and come back to this later in the week.

Not the best last sector tho...Its so easy to run just that little bit to wide in the last turn to lose all the good work done in the lap... :ouch:.

Nice splits Spy 👍 Yeah that last bend is a bugger. Feels good when you nail it just right but that only seems to happen when I'm on a crap lap. :P

Good start there too Simon. 👍

Back again with a freshly bought DFGT, it takes some getting used to after using the G27 for a long time.

First splits, 25.3 miles:
T1: 17.162
T2: 21.223

Is anyone willing to post transmission settings? I'm using default fully coustomizable at the moment and tried to follow Kevin's tips but got confused. By 6th gear did he mean final gear? Thanks for the help.

Back again with a freshly bought DFGT, it takes some getting used to after using the G27 for a long time.

Yah! Welcome back. Don't forget our 3D3 EU races now that you're wheel-enabled again. Just in time for Spa too... why do I think that those two events (spa and new wheel) are not a coincidence. :lol:

Is anyone willing to post transmission settings? I'm using default fully coustomizable at the moment and tried to follow Kevin's tips but got confused. By 6th gear did he mean final gear? Thanks for the help.

No -

Final drive all the way right (Highest ratio, I think 5.000).

Top speed all the way left (lowest top speed).

Individual gears -

1st all the way left
6th all the way right.

Adjust the other 4 gears from there, using the graph on the right to help you balance between gears. 2nd will be almost all the way left, 3rd probably slightly to the left, 4th and 5th slightly to the right.

When happy, move final drive only to a lower number to get the top speed in the top right box to about 100 MPH.

I think the fully adjustable tranny in this car only has 5 gears.

Yah! Welcome back. Don't forget our 3D3 EU races now that you're wheel-enabled again. Just in time for Spa too... why do I think that those two events (spa and new wheel) are not a coincidence. :lol:
:sly: I'm giving myself a week of Spa training :)

Champions League is next week, I've got people visiting, so can't join then, but I still need lots of practise and hope to be ready for the Spa challenge. 👍

Back