GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 4 : Out for a Sunday Drive

• Thread starter EDK
  • 374 comments
ginjaninja
Hi all
I've submitted the times as mentioned in an earlier post and i can see it on the WRS leaderboard but i've received a pm telling me that the entry is invalid due to a invalid body.Do I leave as is being as its on the leaderboard or wouild it be wise to re-submit
All the best to you and yours
ninja

The leaderboard is a guide only.... Not actual results.

Hi all
I've submitted the times as mentioned in an earlier post and i can see it on the WRS leaderboard but i've received a pm telling me that the entry is invalid due to a invalid body.Do I leave as is being as its on the leaderboard or wouild it be wise to re-submit
ninja

Re-Submit.

As per the instructions: GTP_WRS Week 4 Submission

Time: 1’99.999

Don’t use copy paste as this can lead to the bot returning your submission rejected. Use all spaces upper and lower case as its set out in the example.

Phillip.

This combo is incredibly frustrating.:banghead: I'll give it one last go and hope that next weeks is more fun.

Re-Submit.

As per the instructions: GTP_WRS Week 4 Submission

Time: 1’99.999

Don’t use copy paste as this can lead to the bot returning your submission rejected. Use all spaces upper and lower case as its set out in the example.

Phillip.

Hi mate thanks for the reply
Have re-submitted again and its come back as invalid

GTP_WRS Week 4 Submission
Time: 0'00.000
I still don't know why, but i'm thinking as its already on the leaderboard that maybe it has gone in ok. Can't see anything wrong with the way i'm putting it in and i didn't copy and paste, so still at a loss
ninja

Had one more run but couldn't improve my overall time.
Submitted with times on the board.

Good luck all. 👍

Cheers Shaun.

Got my second run in this morning, and came up with these splits,

T1: 37.173
T2: 19.459

Took me a while to get into this combo, but when I did I really enjoyed it 👍 Not sure if I'll get time for another good session with this, so will probably be submitting with these splits.

No more sessions from me on this combo. Submitted with the splits on the leaderboard, though I'm not happy with my lines and times. On to the next week then! :)

Yeah I'm done now. There is about 3 tenths left in T2 but I just want to get to the next combo.

Anyone else itching for a new event? :dopey:

This one has put me in the mood for endless time trialling!

Still don't get how to get better T1 time as top drivers do...

T1: 37.445
T2: 19.486

T1: 37.371
T2: 19.414

submitting with theses splits

Last edited:
I think this is pretty much it for me.. stuffed T2, but had a great T3 to the line. If I can stop making the tires smoke around turn 3, I could definitely get down into the 37s :(

T1: 38.177
T2: 20.457

Managed to string a lap together with close to my best in all three sectors.

T1: 37.330
T2: 19.516

Submitting.

Still don't get how to get better T1 time as top drivers do...

T1: 37.445
T2: 19.486

T1: 37.371
T2: 19.414

Ahh well it was nice being atop the leaderboards for div3 for a while :) 👍

Could be a close finish, about 1/100th difference!

I think this is pretty much it for me.. stuffed T2, but had a great T3 to the line. If I can stop making the tires smoke around turn 3, I could definitely get down into the 37s :(

T1: 38.177
T2: 20.457

If you are smoking the tires because of understeer in turn 3 you are probably braking/turning in too late. That corner is pretty deceiving, you can drive the car in pretty deep and still make the corner but it kills your run up the hill through turns 4 & 5. You want to hug the blue curb all the way around turn 2 so you have all the track to use for turn 3, use the end of the curb as your turn in / brake point. Just a slight touch if the brake should be all it needs to get the front end to set and then you can pick the throttle back up hard and stay at WOT all the way up the hill. You should be able to get through turn 3 at 72-73 mph or more if you get it right.

T1: 37.444
T2: 19.334

current brake setup
ABS:1;F:7;R:2

5523736476_d23bcee977.jpg

Best Lap Time Question.

I'm running the time trial in Arcade mode and it lists my best lap and I save the ghost reply as instructed. But when I open the reply file in GT Life mode it shows a slower time, in my case about 2 tenths of a second. This is the same for all the saved replays, not always the same time difference but always slower. What am I missing here?

Best Lap Time Question.

I'm running the time trial in Arcade mode and it lists my best lap and I save the ghost reply as instructed. But when I open the reply file in GT Life mode it shows a slower time, in my case about 2 tenths of a second. This is the same for all the saved replays, not always the same time difference but always slower. What am I missing here?

Only go by the time listed in the replay file (under the saved data utility), not the time listed in the replay.
Kind if confusing I know.

Last session,
T1 : 37.517
T2 : 19.568

Only shaved off 0.2 in first sector,but 0.5 at the finish line.
Going to submit with these splits.

Only go by the time listed in the replay file (under the saved data utility), not the time listed in the replay.
Kind if confusing I know.

I submitted the total time of the 3 split times, just don't understand why the time shown on the file before you play it different than the combined split time. Weird.

Back