GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 4 : Out for a Sunday Drive

• Thread starter EDK
  • 374 comments
I submitted the total time of the 3 split times, just don't understand why the time shown on the file before you play it different than the combined split time. Weird.

When you view your best lap replay, it is showing you the time that was your previous best lap. Your new best lap doesn't exist on the replay until it is over. If you see what I mean.:boggled:

I think your T1 might be incorrect, or you are running with SRF on, or you've selected the wrong tyres......... because that puts you P1, and with a controller that is impossible given the competitors you are above.

Definately SRS off with Racing hard Tyres. Thought the same myself so went back through the settings and double cjeck then did the lap again. When i did this i shaved another touch off my sector 1 time but then threw it into the wall on sector 2

Definately SRS off with Racing hard Tyres. Thought the same myself so went back through the settings and double cjeck then did the lap again. When i did this i shaved another touch off my sector 1 time but then threw it into the wall on sector 2

The tyres to be used for this week are Sports Hard.

Couldn´t helped and threw some more laps, and glad i did :dopey:

New splits, and submitting

T1: 37.379
T2: 19.341

Good luck to everyone 👍

When you view your best lap replay, it is showing you the time that was your previous best lap. Your new best lap doesn't exist on the replay until it is over. If you see what I mean.:boggled:

Then it appears I may have submitted a slower time. Which time should I submit, the one that appears on the file before it's opened (the faster time) or the lap that's shown when you play the file (slower time).

Another strange thing I noticed in the ghost replay, when the replay starts the split times are gray, as the file plays these change to white and the times change as well.

I guess I need to look at the GT5 manual, maybe it explains this, although I've found the manual is not very specific.

Sports Hard are the Tyres for this particular challenge...... go back and run some laps now to see how your splits turn out.👍

Splits:

T1: 38.255
T2: 21.029

And I must say, as disappointed as I am that Seattle and Midfield did not make it into GT5, the Cape Ring is definitely a track to add to my Jim's-Favorite-Tracks-Ever list (right after Lost Canyons from NFS3 :sly:). I sorta missed the big loop'n'jump from the full track though. Oh well, I had fun anyways.

Never improved on the split times I posted - but managed to pull off a better overall lap since I improved a bit on the final turn. Time to submit and call it quits on this one.

I think I spent the most time on this compared to the other WRS weeks (except the qualifier), but am the least happy with my results. Really frustrating not being able to figure out how to catch up to my ghost, even after watching the replay. Especially since its over a half-second difference right after the first turn.

...how to catch up to my ghost...since its over a half-second difference right after the first turn.

Dude I so ran into the same problem! I can do better on the first turn but the best lap just rockets right through the S-curves. I can keep up sometimes but it's always when I didn't do as well on the first turn so I'm like 1 car length behind.

Crap, didn't save my best clean run before I did a slightly better lap that turned out to be a hair dirty. Now I can't even get close to any of those two, wtf?

T1: 38.385
T2: 20.502

I know that my T1 is slower than most of you guys, but on my best run, I somehow manage to keep a lot of momentum going up the s-curves. The rest of the lap is slightly off. Subsequent laps I just can't seem to get that T1-S curve hooked up like in my best time. It is always a car-length slower.

Then it appears I may have submitted a slower time. Which time should I submit, the one that appears on the file before it's opened (the faster time) or the lap that's shown when you play the file (slower time).

Another strange thing I noticed in the ghost replay, when the replay starts the split times are gray, as the file plays these change to white and the times change as well.

I guess I need to look at the GT5 manual, maybe it explains this, although I've found the manual is not very specific.

I resubmitted my faster time. How are you guys finding your best lap split times. When I add these up from the saved ghost file they do not equal the best lap time. If the replay is actually showing your previous best lap how do you find the best lap splits. I guess the total lap is what counts but something doesn't seem right with this replay thing.

Hi guys, I'm new to WRS and just registered. My splits are:

T1 37.385
T2 19.544

Now to submit final lap time.....

Edit: Quick question, All wheels went over the first white line and into the blue area on the last corner. Near the pits, before the barrier. Is that WRS legal? Just checking.

Last edited:
Sports Hard are the Tyres for this particular challenge...... go back and run some laps now to see how your splits turn out.👍

haha Nice to know I had racing Hard written down from what i was told. Thought it was too good to be true. At least I can get my own information now that I have Signed up will run the qualifer soon and come play.

Hi guys, I'm new to WRS and just registered. My splits are:

T1 37.385
T2 19.544

Now to submit final lap time.....

Edit: Quick question, All wheels went over the first white line and into the blue area on the last corner. Near the pits, before the barrier. Is that WRS legal? Just checking.

No problems..... as long as the lap doesn't invalidate and have the time go red, it's legal.

First WRS.

T1 36.985
T2 19.400

Yeah, not very consistent, that's my driving style :sly:

Cape_Ring_South.jpg

FF and U-turns are not made for each other ;)

Last edited:
I resubmitted my faster time. How are you guys finding your best lap split times. When I add these up from the saved ghost file they do not equal the best lap time. If the replay is actually showing your previous best lap how do you find the best lap splits. I guess the total lap is what counts but something doesn't seem right with this replay thing.

For this week's combo there are 2 sector times (splits) shown during the replay.
The last sector time is not shown.
When finding your fastest lap for submission (in the saved data utility) you have to look at the file name and that is the only indicator of your lap time.
While viewing the replay the sector times will be displayed/written over once you cross the timers.
Those are the times you post during the week of competition, not the times displayed at the beginning of the replay.
As said before those times are from a previous lap, unless your fastest lap was lap 1 in which case the times are displayed as --,--.--- until you cross the timers.

Still confused?
Ask away and we'll try to explain some more.

Time to submit for this one.
Wanted another go at it but I got things to do. :grumpy:

Finally got time for another Session.

Probably invested 2 - 2.5hours this week. Can still see more time for T1 but overall I'm pretty happy with it.

Brilliant times from the top guys as per usual!! :eek: :bowdown:

I was surprised to see no write ups from the fast boys of how they are taking a few of the corner sequences this week. Thought it would be the perfect week for it since the slow speed of the car means you have even more emphases on using proper lines etc etc and even after 2.5hours I'm still not certain I'm taking the corners properly.

Anyway my splits are as follows. Hopefully enough for a top 10 again this week.

Submitted with current splits! Good Luck to all!!!

Fans Cheer on The Spoon @ Cape Ring South!!​

-

Going to submit with these splits. I've probably got all I can out of the car. Not a huge fan of FF or Cape Ring for that matter. Not expecting a podium for this week.

T1: 37.542
T2: 19.573

Back