GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 48 : Rotary Madness

• Thread starter EDK
  • 294 comments
I'm submitting, can't stand losing it in the hairpin for the 263627533th time.
I doubt I'll get some time tomorrow, maybe on Monday but I guess I'll have the bloody hairpin issue too.

If this ruins my chances for promotion I'll eat my hands off. :grumpy:

Yeah the last split is really difficult! i tried to improve without success, best 1st split was ,460 i was shocked and missed the next curve lol might retry tomorow, im starting to think it will be my submission.

Some new splits:

T1: 10.579
T2: 19.701

Best T2 was .243 but braked to late for the next corner. This lap has a really bad last corner lol so will need to improve still :(.

Very nice splits CICO!

One last session before going to bed, finaly been able to keep it in one piece on last split, a little slower 1st split but a good 2nd, but then again the last split i lost almost all the gains i made in the 2nd split... :crazy:

T1: 10.543
T2: 19.304

i was looking at the lap to make sure it was clean and took a pic of the tunnel just before the exit :dopey:
EigerNordwand-Court.jpg

Last edited:
mike_gt3
master class...

Deeply impressive Mike, not only the 19.3xx T2 but also being over 0.4 up after 30 seconds over the rest of D1 (who aren't driving backwards) :bowdown:

Thank you Carlos! :cheers:

Theres still a lot left in the T3 though, and i am not happy with it, i barely improved my last total lap time in that run, i missed the last hairpin.

Spent some time tonight. Had a target time I wanted to hit. Came up a bit short, just couldn't get there. Doubt I will spend any time tomorrow so here are my splits:
T1 10.782
T2 20.038

Very nice splits CICO!

One last session before going to bed, finaly been able to keep it in one piece on last split, a little slower 1st split but a good 2nd, but then again the last split i lost almost all the gains i made in the 2nd split... :crazy:

i was looking at the lap to make sure it was clean and took a pic of the tunnel just before the exit :dopey:
EigerNordwand-Court.jpg

Wow, that T2 is insane. :crazy:

If you're gonna cut it that close, white car = Win. ;)

mike_gt3
Thank you Carlos! :cheers:

Theres still a lot left in the T3 though, and i am not happy with it, i barely improved my last total lap time in that run, i missed the last hairpin.

You're welcome, and please call me Jon. Looking forward to watching the replay

Not sure how I am losing soo much time in T2. I got some work to do. Great splits Mike! Amazing stuff.

Finally got a 2nd session, so I'm 3hrs into it now. Mike's description of the first 2 turns as an alpine skiing move kept rolling through my head. :) (Ruined) bests for T1 and T2 were a tenth better than:

Oh, and this is the first week I'm not using the driving line, and I like my progress so far. 👍 Don't plan to use it next week either. ;)

Now i´m very excited what my T3 is worth.
Same thoughts here. :)

EDK
The only place my BB is giving me trouble are the double apex corners at the top and bottom of track, losing grip as I turn in, and I think the drift may be costing me a bit of time. Sometimes, it ruins the run entirely.
Yep, I had some problems there too using more brake force at the back but nothing compared to that right hander after T2, I crashed 8 out of 10 times there.

mike_gt3
Mindblowing splits :crazy:
Jeeeezs! those are some really serious splits!

Very nice splits CICO!

No offence but I'm really starting to doubt your splits; I just don't want you to be disqualified in your first WRS week. I can't seriously believe you can gain 3.5 tenths in T2 (which is one corner) on someone like Ramon or Zocker...

You can still prove me wrong though.:)

Another big turnout this week, it seems 👍

Just did a final session on this combo. Submitting with these splits:

T1: 10.961
T2: 20.164

I'm off to dust off the old Afla :)

What am I doing wrong? I submitted my total lap time last night but got a PM back saying rejected.

I went to the OP, and clicked on the WRSFetchbot. Up came a blank PM. I entered just my total time 1.xx.xxx in a single line like the directions stated. I did not put anything else. Am I also suppose to put my GTP name and the T1 T2 times?

What am I doing wrong? I submitted my total lap time last night but got a PM back saying rejected.

I went to the OP, and clicked on the WRSFetchbot. Up came a blank PM. I entered just my total time 1.xx.xxx in a single line like the directions stated. I did not put anything else. Am I also suppose to put my GTP name and the T1 T2 times?

did you enter your lap time in the ''subject'' line of the message?
it says to enter this as the message subject:

GTP_WRS Week 48 Submission

No offence but I'm really starting to doubt your splits; I just don't want you to be disqualified in your first WRS week. I can't seriously believe you can gain 3.5 tenths in T2 (which is one corner) on someone like Ramon or Zocker...

You can still prove me wrong though.:)

No offense taken Wes :), i dont want to be disqualified as well:scared:

I just wanted to make sure of something, and man i feel really noob lol
I just noticed the SRF was on... i dont know if its been there all the time...
sooo i will start from scratch to make sure, :banghead:

Really sorry i thought it was ''off'' like career practice mode, i am not sure if i put it off or not, will try it today i normaly go throught all the options before launching the race...

Truly sorry i feel really bad now.:ouch:

Don´t be, lost track how many players that join us that on the first week made the same mistake.
Hope you have the time to do some laps without it.

But boy, that SRF sure is magic :dopey:

Omg Mike, I feel bad for you.
Don't worry, you'll be able to re-do your laps without SRF. :)

I swear I had that doubt when I heard you don't brake through T1, but I though "he's an alien" so I didn't say anything. Good call Wes.

lol thx guys, i dont know i have some visit today im looking to buy a house i tried to concentrate on the lap yesterday... i see why the skiing move was working now lol

I tried for like 5-6 laps it will be a relearn i cant use the same line, i still dont use teh brake on the first S but its done differently for sure lol

I hope i will be able to submit but i doubt ill have enought time to do a decent lap. :(

did you enter your lap time in the ''subject'' line of the message?
it says to enter this as the message subject:

GTP_WRS Week 48 Submission

No offense taken Wes :), i dont want to be disqualified as well:scared:

I just wanted to make sure of something, and man i feel really noob lol
I just noticed the SRF was on... i dont know if its been there all the time...
sooo i will start from scratch to make sure, :banghead:

Really sorry i thought it was ''off'' like career practice mode, i am not sure if i put it off or not, will try it today i normaly go throught all the options before launching the race...

I got rejected again after using ' after the first digit. I checked again, I guess I forgot to put the word "Time:". I hope that is it. In the title I put the GTP submission heading that is requested. In the body I put Time: 1'xx.xxx Hope that works.

I got rejected again after using ' after the first digit. I checked again, I guess I forgot to put the word "Time:". I hope that is it. In the title I put the GTP submission heading that is requested. In the body I put Time: 1'xx.xxx Hope that works.

Yep - that one will definitely work :) 👍

Submitting my time - can't reproduce T3 and the Alfa event is cool. 👍

Last edited:
I will not be able to spend enought time to ''relearn'' the car, been able to do some .620s after like 10 laps in the 1st split but the second need a completly different approach as well as T3, with time im sure i could be close but its too late.

Cant believe i spent like 4 hours sitting on my wood chair driving the car with SRF on for no reason... :grumpy:

Sorry for posting the splits.... not the way i expected my first participation...

I hope to find some time to do the Alfa one.

Probably going to submit with these:

Spent hours/days for just 0.050 impovement on my first good lap wich dated from last sunday :grumpy:

Just have not had any more time to devote to this combo.
Submitted with posted splits.

Sorry for posting the splits.... not the way i expected my first participation...

No worries, glad we sorted it out now. I was also shocked to see those 3 tenths, glad we figured it out now.

I'm deleting you from the leaderboard, just to clean things up.

Back