GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 49 : TZ2, TZU

• Thread starter EDK
  • 338 comments
Tried the Mazda at Eiger for the last time, then jumped into Alfa and... oh my God, so much grip! :drool:

Done three clean laps, it's easy to drive off the road in few spots. Nice combo đź‘Ť

T1: 0'25.339
T2: 0'37.071

There is still at least 1 - 1,5s to get in overall time, haven't mastered the braking spots yet.

I have had Bob driving my Alfa for 1600+ KM's and my HP is 254. That is a ton more than the stock 178hp with oil change. Is this ok?

All other vehicle specs are as per rules listed.

Al

Never mind above post. Stupid Bob had installed Turbo upgrades! I have returned the turbo to default and now have 178HP.
Stupid Bob!

I have had Bob driving my Alfa for 1600+ KM's and my HP is 254. That is a ton more than the stock 178hp with oil change. Is this ok?

All other vehicle specs are as per rules listed.

Al

No that can't be right. I've got a 750 miles on mine from the Orca series and it's still at only 178 hp. With max DF it has 507 PP.

New splits with max DF:

T1: 24.430
T2: 36.173

I've got some miles on my car, along with the oil change, and my HP number is only at 173.... Power limiter is at 100%...

Change oil again

Just did it again, still the same. 173HP/130ft-lb TQ. It's actually got just over 50 miles on it... will driving it more really give me another 5+ hp?

Anyways, just ran my first couple clean laps, haven't done much tuning other than lowered the ride height and raised the max speed.

T1: 24.961
T2: 37.844

T1: 24.851
T2: 37.611

Lots of time to be made up on this one, I just haven't been on GT5 much in the last couple of weeks... Too busy getting ready to go back to school (for the first time in 12 years) and finishing up DiRT3.

Edit: In-Violet Metallic > any other purple. :D

Last edited:
So I decided to give up on the Mazda. 300+ laps and could not catch my miracle ghost lap!

1st try with the Alfa.

Al

Just did it again, still the same. 173HP/130ft-lb TQ. It's actually got just over 50 miles on it... will driving it more really give me another 5+ hp?

Anyways, just ran my first couple clean laps, haven't done much tuning other than lowered the ride height and raised the max speed.

T1: 24.961
T2: 37.844

Lots of time to be made up on this one, I just haven't been on GT5 much in the last couple of weeks... Too busy getting ready to go back to school (for the first time in 12 years) and finishing up DiRT3.

Edit: In-Violet Metallic > any other purple. :D
Yes.

I'm sorry to ask this but what are you doing in Division 2? :crazy::yuck:

The most important reason for this is cause we couldn't change suspension setup in the qualifier. I've always been alot slower without changes to the suspension. :crazy:

But don't worry, there's still over a week to go for this one, I'm sure I won't finish where I am now :)

T2 is not my favorite sector of Fuji. Never has been and never will be. Did a decent one in this lap, hope I can continue it the rest of the week. Not happy with this T1, saw better ones today.

Splits from my first session:

T3 wasn't so good, that Dunlop corner is tricky, we can lose any time we gained in T1 and T2 easily.

Splits from my first session:

T3 wasn't so good, that Dunlop corner is tricky, we can lose any time we gained in T1 and T2 easily.

Well, you do have a whole second to lose over the rest of the LB :lol:

:scared:

Another few laps between football playoff games:

T1: 24.314
T2: 35.685

WRP001
Another few laps between football playoff games:

T1: 24.314
T2: 35.685

Hope you made a typo in your T2. Otherwise i have alot of work to do. If it's not a typo very well done. If it's not a typo, very well done

Last edited:
Hope you made a typo in your T2. Otherwise i have alot of work to do. If it's not a typo very well done

Sorry mate but it's not a typo. :sly: Not to mention eclipsi has me beat by over 0.6 so we all have a lot of work to do.

I imagine Tim's car is full run in since he races these things. So not only does he know the car, but that extra 5hp will be very important on such a small and low powered car on this fast track. I've got Bob running mine in now ;)

The above takes nothing away from Tim's skill though - he is a very fast driver

As ever Tim, nice splits đź‘Ť

The above takes nothing away from Tim's skill though - he is a very fast driver

Yeah, I agree. Hard to believe it was just 6 short months ago that he was a D3 noob and asking for Suzuka advice.

He's not just quick, but he's consistent. It takes a monster effort for me to be able to keep pace with him in online races, let alone beat him.

We've created a monster. :sly:

Awww, right thread, thanks to Jon! :lol

Excellent combo, Kevin!

Stock settings.....few laps ....back to the playoffs! :)

EDK
Yeah, I agree. Hard to believe it was just 6 short months ago that he was a D3 noob and asking for Suzuka advice.

He's not just quick, but he's consistent. It takes a monster effort for me to be able to keep pace with him in online races, let alone beat him.

We've created a monster. :sly:

Thanks for the complements, but it's also track dependent. I love Fuji. I still need help at Suzuka. :lol: plus Jon is right that I have full hp and a few weeks of driving this car under my belt.

FYI... My first laps at Fuji were today, but I've raced at nurb gp/f and DRC with this car online.

Note: I adjusted transmission final gear to 4.650 (no ratio changes) and applied min/max ride height per normal offline tuning.

Tip. Full throttle way prior to apex in many corners. This car has a power lag, at least that's how I describe it, so you get on throttle much earlier than most cars and just try to time the "push"... It's not going to get loose!

Couple more laps in:

T1: 24.793
T2: 37.259

So who's got some tuning tips?

With tweaked ride height...

T1: 24.390
T2: 37.105

Last edited:
First splits:
T1: 24.246
T2: 36.365

I'm looking forward to getting some time in on this great combo!! Nice, Kevin! đź‘Ť

Thanks for the complements, but it's also track dependent. I love Fuji. I still need help at Suzuka. :lol: plus Jon is right that I have full hp and a few weeks of driving this car under my belt.

FYI... My first laps at Fuji were today, but I've raced at nurb gp/f and DRC with this car online.

Note: I adjusted transmission final gear to 4.650 (no ratio changes) and applied min/max ride height per normal offline tuning.

Tip. Full throttle way prior to apex in many corners. This car has a power lag, at least that's how I describe it, so you get on throttle much earlier than most cars and just try to time the "push"... It's not going to get loose!

While I agree that tracks matter, I still say you're faster than your humility allows. :P

Here are my first ones, and my setup. Seen faster at both splits, but this is fastest lap.

Setup

Aero = Max

RH 10/-35
Springs 8.5/6.5
Damp Ext 5/4
Damp Comp 5/4
ARB 7/1
Camber 2.5/0.8
Toe 0.0/-0.25

LSD 5/20/5

Brakes 1/5

Gears

Move final to far right (6000) and then top speed to far left.

Set these gears.

Final = 4000

Top speed in top right = 180 MPH

Lowest rear RH seems to affect top speed, please be aware of that.

EDK
While I agree that tracks matter, I still say you're faster than your humility allows. :P

Here are my first ones, and my setup. Seen faster at both splits, but this is fastest lap.

Setup

Aero = Max

RH 10/-35
Springs 8.5/6.5
Damp Ext 5/4
Damp Comp 5/4
ARB 7/1
Camber 2.5/0.8
Toe 0.0/-0.25

LSD 5/20/5

Brakes 1/5

Gears

Move final to far right (6000) and then top speed to far left.

Set these gears.

Final = 4000

Top speed in top right = 180 MPH

Lowest rear RH seems to affect top speed, please be aware of that.

đź‘Ť for sharing, Kev, and the many others past, present and future......a way for us noobs to learn!

Still got quite a ways to go catch Tim, but here's some progress!
T1: 24.180
T2: 36.169

I've been VERY close to a 23.xxx in T1, (.022), so hopefully I can get one with a much better sector. I know the week is still early!!

Racing On!

I'll try to get some time on this one.

Thanks to all that helped me grind 'BOB' up enough to get there.

House for sale + open inspections = play seat and G27 packed away.
The financial advisor / better looking half / sex distributor said so!

Back to DS3 for me for a bit. Can't wait til the new place is build, I managed to sneak a man cave into the plans!!!

Cheers All !!!

Back