GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 49 : TZ2, TZU

• Thread starter EDK
  • 338 comments
I'll try to get some time on this one.

Thanks to all that helped me grind 'BOB' up enough to get there.

House for sale + open inspections = play seat and G27 packed away.
The financial advisor / better looking half / sex distributor said so!

Back to DS3 for me for a bit. Can't wait til the new place is build, I managed to sneak a man cave into the plans!!!

Cheers All !!!

Same here!! Do what I did, put them in the garage. It's not like its cold outside at the moment :sly:

First Splits:

T1: 24.399
T2: 36.548

Up to 175 HP and using Kevin's tune. Thanks Kev. Barely starting to figure this out. I've never been good at Fuji, decreasing radius turns just baffle me. Oh well, these splits were the last lap I ran and I feel like I made good strides to figuring some things out on it. I'll be back tomorrow to see if I can make more gains.👍

Edit: I also turned off the gear change indicator for the first time since the update so that is taking some getting used to. It's time I stopped using it to help with brake points and really learn the tracks a little more.

Last edited:
Somehow I inadvertently managed to get my throttle back to 100% consistently. I guess slapping the pedal a few times reset the potentiometer in it's slot.

With that I managed a faster lap after many frustrating laps. Very strict penalty system on this track.

T1: 24.379
T2: 37.138

Looks like reducing the downforce hurt my T2 a bit.

First 10-15 laps or so, completely pooched T2:

T1: 24.083
T2: 36.884

Own dodgy tune to start, since I just wanted to get in and go.

EDIT: Car is already run in.

Thankyou Kev for the birthday ticket trick it worked a charm and i did the save trick on the dummy profile so I can gift it to my main account tomorrow :). And secondly thanks for the setup. It looks wrong, makes the car feel way different and I am not sure I like it, but that's all irrelevant because I went almost 2 seconds quicker :crazy:.

First Splits

First lap with Kevin's tune:
T1: 24.035
T2: 35.528

Great tune Kev.👍

Is your wheel back working? :dopey:
It works.. :P
It's annoying when I want to do a longer session but it's ok for a short one.:)

T1: 23.837
T2: 35.386

With your tune kevin I thought huh, why not 15/-35 rideheight? But then I saw what that did to the handling.. :scared:

T1: 23.859
T2: 35.399

Last edited:
Damn, I knew I loved Fuji :)
3rd ever lap, 24.1xx and 35.9xx splits, done red at the 3rd sector though. I need to learn the righty after the T2. I have been always racing in F track, not GT.

With your tune kevin I thought huh, why not 15/-35 rideheight? But then I saw what that did to the handling.. :scared:

Yeah, I started with something like -5 in the front and kept moving it higher until it was no longer pushing.

The springs and shocks are softer due to the need to go over curbs in some areas, and the car's tendency to launch when they are stiffer. Particularly at the apex of the right hand GT turn after T2 split. I had one run where I launched completely over the track and landed on the over run tarmac. :lol:

Kevin's setup. first run after BoB was done getting her up to 178. Nice run Al!

Thanks for sharing the tune, Kevin! Want to try that one out this evening 👍

I also discovered some other tunes elsewhere on gtplanet - apologies if already posted elsewhere

One: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=166051
Two: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=6027195
Three: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5605823#post5605823

* Be wary that some/all of these describe usage of a banned component (turbo) that would invalidate the lap, so I've posted for the benefit of the settings, rather than than parts.

Last edited:
new splits, now with the correct tires and kevin's tune 👍:

First Splits:

T1: 24.399
T2: 36.548

Up to 175 HP and using Kevin's tune. Thanks Kev. Barely starting to figure this out. I've never been good at Fuji, decreasing radius turns just baffle me. Oh well, these splits were the last lap I ran and I feel like I made good strides to figuring some things out on it. I'll be back tomorrow to see if I can make more gains.👍

Edit: I also turned off the gear change indicator for the first time since the update so that is taking some getting used to. It's time I stopped using it to help with brake points and really learn the tracks a little more.

Oh, good, Scott, a learning buddy. 👍 I turned that indicator and the driving line off, so am immediately paying much more attention to the track markers. Feel free to add/correct any:

picture.php

Turn 1: 3-4 car lengths before the 100m sign (which also seems to be even with the start of the left-side rumbles)
Turn 2/Coca-cola: turn-in and quick-brake just before the 50m sign
Hairpin: the hard-to-see 50m sign at the right
Dunlop: ??? Clueless, but I remember having this turn down when using the driving line, so I'll turn it back on quickly next session and look for landmarks

The rest of the corners I do by feel, without looking for markers.

Have only had DS3 sessions so far, really looking forward to some wheel sessions.

Great splits, Tim! 👍 And awesome work getting this all going, and the coordinated effort with the ORCA team. You really are a monster! :sly:

Frustration filled session. Had better sectors combined with terrible sectors for 2 hours solid.... Way off in turn 1 on this one but good sector 2.

Last edited:
Spent some time trying to win this car last night but it didnt come about so i bit the bullet and purchased it. What a great car to drive. Still on stock set up and its probably the best handling car i have driven in this game. Now to do some laps and get a bit of track knowlage and see how I go hopefully I will have some splits to post tonight.

Dunlop: ??? Clueless, but I remember having this turn down when using the driving line, so I'll turn it back on quickly next session and look for landmarks
For Dunlop, I use the shadow over the road from the over track sign.

The braking point is a bit after, so it's not 100% precise, but should give you a good idea.

Starting to get used to the track. Also learning how to use visual aids for braking/turn in points, rather than the gear suggester.

T1: 24.742
T2: 36.738

Lost a little in t1, I'll get it back.

I tried the car a little today i had a little spare time, i wont post splits yet im not sure if i will be able to run until the end of the event :(

Your tune is very good Kev thx for sharing it!, seen good improvement, i had some sub 24s T1 but i need to work on the T2, best i had was 35,770 , im trying to figure out what line Wes&eclipsi used to have that 2nd split, its very good, im not sure what i do wrong for now its too early i guess hehe... probably some akward line i need to find! :scared:

never been a fan of the track but i must admit the car fit really well and make the track really enjoyable, another great combo! 👍

Is your car run in Mike and showing the full compliment of horses under the hood? Would certainly account for some time over the course of the week

Yes Jon its broken-in :), if i get home soon enought tomorow i will give it another shot and see if i can find those tenths, sometime i just need to take a break and when i come back it works! lol

''Note to self: make sure the SRF is off''
:dopey:

Back