GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 55 : Classic Revival

• Thread starter EDK
  • 302 comments
All Hard Surfaces are considered Track Surface. This includes tarmac, painted tarmac, red and white rumbles, and concrete/sidewalks.

You assumed correct 👍. I assumed the opposite, which was wrong!

Whew! I somehow missed that part upon my frantic re-read of the rules. I was thinking that sidewalks were considered dirty after a pretty fast (for me) lap in which I used as much surface as possible...

Edit: So all good, yeah?

London.jpg

London_1.jpg

London_2.jpg

London_3.jpg

London_4.jpg

Last edited:
Unless that concrete is made of sponge, it's a hard surface, so you're ok 👍 Wall-avoidance is the critical factor

All surfice are track as the op sais so I think your good

First 10 laps in

T1: 28.839
T2: 17.811

Extremely quick t1's!! Half a second still there at least . I really hope to get more time on that one. Good luck all :)

Very fun combo. Now that I am getting the hang of my wheel I ran some laps

Still time to be made.

Justin

After some testing, it seems that shifting between 5750-6000 rpms is fastest, though staying in 2nd gear between the left-right 90 degree turns seems to be faster than shifting to 3rd for just a split second.

First splits, already hating that long left hander. Seems you have to wait days before you can apply the throttle there.:sly:

Quite a change from last week.

Bouncing off everything at the moment. Managed this clean lap.

Last edited:
T1: 28.839
T2: 17.811

20 laps or so in. Incredible T1 but lost 2 tenth in T2

T1: 28.052
T2: 18.000

Its one in a million to get a flat sector like the T2 i had :sly:

Should get some laps in this week. Hadn't the money on sub-account and car was untradeable for last week.

Looking forward to doing some laps.

Last time I played GT5 was WRS Week 32, it's been a while!

Need to get back on though for GT Academy, so gonna be giving this one a go. 👍

Welcome back Spud.

I thought about you the last two WRS weeks and really wanted you to return again. Always nice to have a top notch DS3 driver particapating.👍

I have a question. Week 55, London Reverse Vehicle Specs include Transmission: Optional!
I see no option to change the tranny. So I assume that is just a confusing Spec called out in the Race Details!!

First crack

I swear the spectators are cheering for my ghost car!

Last edited:
I have a question. Week 55, London Reverse Vehicle Specs include Transmission: Optional!
I see no option to change the tranny. So I assume that is just a confusing Spec called out in the Race Details!!

In Arcade Mode, when you've picked the track & car, the race options come up, where you'd specify Auto/Manual, Traction Control, Skid Recovery Force, etc.

haha just glanced through the old event thread :P

Seems I still have the same co-sig and temperament :lol: 4 years surely flies bye nowadays :dopey:

Your sig would be the same because that's assigned to every post you have.

First time i've ever set foot on this track. Should be fun!

BTW, is it just me, or do the screenshots in the OP look abnormally well rendered?

First time i've ever set foot on this track. Should be fun!

BTW, is it just me, or do the screenshots in the OP look abnormally well rendered?

I use a faster frame rate, I think most of these were taken with 1/1000. And I almost always set the focus with a close up of the car and then zoom back out. Makes sure the star of the show is sharp. ;)

:grumpy: Hmmmmm!! So that's what is implied, Automatic/Manual, not the ability to customize the ratios...WTH, how'd I'da knowed!!

EDK
I use a faster frame rate, I think most of these were taken with 1/1000. And I almost always set the focus with a close up of the car and then zoom back out. Makes sure the star of the show is sharp. ;)

Ah, I see. It also looks like PD put in a lot of time on the building models too, as i've just noticed that this track just overall looks great.

First time out:

Your sig would be the same because that's assigned to every post you have.

Give this guy a biscuit 👍 Nice work Sherlock! :sly:

I actually referred to a comment made 4 years back in the previous thread! but thanks for stating the obvious 👍

Another:

This is reminiscent of driving my 2001 CR-V on Tantalus: Understeer city!

EDIT: Final splits for the day. I've already spent too much time in front of my TV this weekend thanks to the WRS.

EDIT EDIT: I lied

Last edited:
First hour or so. I probably won't spend a ton of time on this one, I get bored easily :P

After a week on such a long course, with a car that goes wherever you point it, this is evil.:banghead:

Latest Posts

Back