GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 55 : Classic Revival

• Thread starter EDK
  • 302 comments
Didn't have the time to submit a nice lap on nord event, will try to stick on this one.

Well, I don't know what the hell I did right to get my fast lap yesterday, but the closest I got after 30 or so laps this morning was still 3.5/10ths slower...

First quick session, really like the combo - although I've never run London or London reverse, the laps are quite short so its not too bad to get into a rhythm. Technically a home race :dopey: so hopefully will be able to get a good few sessions in.

T1 28.113
T2 17.646

First week in D2 bronze, so hopefully can keep pace with you guys by the end of the week :nervous:
Currently got abs at 6 and bb is 3/7.

Cheers

Louis

Still can't get a line/braking points/anything through T1. T2 I'm happy with, just a few misplaced shifts and a dodgy corner entry to get sorted!

Tricky little combo :lol: Just when I think my line is right to jump through the corners I catch the wall and it's happening a lot in early part of the lap :crazy: an early clean save has...

Will try again soon 👍

Very nice!!! 👍 I've seen a .670 in t1, but don't know if I can do again. I'll keep trying, though! :sly:

I spent a half-hour checking this one, and it's clean. First splits:
T1: 27.741
T2: 17.305

Gonna give it a try - What point do you shift on?

I'm no pro, but I've been shifting just before or right at 6000revs. I did some acceleration tests with a stock Mini S and shifting between 5750-6000 proved to be fastest.

Me and my mate Dan (Mau5_Skills/Dantastic) have just been running it. I haven't really managed to get a clean lap down together yet, but he has the following splits:

T1 - (27.468)
T2 - (17.296)

I have seen a .4 first split and .2 second split also, but haven't put them together yet!

Edit: He has just hit a .286 1st split, really? :/

His tips: Brake at the 50m marker for 1st bend, dive in early for 2nd and 3rd bends, start out wide for left hander, shift up to 4th before left-right section and then he's not sure how to do the last bend.

Last edited:
Will get some splits up tomorrow. 👍

Got a little frustrated after another ~45 laps and not getting close to my fastest lap, so I went and ran all of the Karting Special Events. Came back and shaved a little bit of time of in 5 laps.

T1: 27.728
T2: 17.980

Picked up more than 3/10ths in T1 but lost 2/10ths in T2. What strategy is being used before the long left hander, shift into 4th for a short period of time before slowing for the long turn, or stay in 3rd?

Not good...PS3 just froze, and will not recognise discs anymore. Backed all my stuff up, and am reformatting...fingers crossed

Back