GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 55 : Classic Revival

• Thread starter EDK
  • 302 comments
Wow, I'm usually sitting in my sofa to race, which is 3 metres away from my 32" 1080p TV.
Just because it was taken, I put a chair 1 metre away from the TV and what a difference! More precise reactions and driving, could use more effectively the widthness of the track!

Wow, I'm usually sitting in my sofa to race, which is 3 metres away from my 32" 1080p TV.
Just because it was taken, I put a chair 1 metre away from the TV and what a difference! More precise reactions and driving, could use more effectively the widthness of the track!

I tried that and can't drive sat on the sofa now!

Trouble is I don't have a chair so most of my sessions are done sat on the floor 👎

I tried that and can't drive sat on the sofa now!

Trouble is I don't have a chair so most of my sessions are done sat on the floor 👎

It actually can be better on the floor, if the TV is on the level of your eyes.
And if you have a warm-woolen carpet underneath it is better than a racing seat :sly:

Nice first split RackAttack 👍

Nice second split to you sir!

I'm just about Mini Coopered out, so that time is going to be it I think. I've got a bunch league races this weekend, so I need to start practicing for those. Looking forward to seeing the final results!

This first sector is killing me.... Can't get it consistent and not really sure what line works best! I vary from anything between a 27.7 to 28.9 and their both clean sectors and not too sure what I do differently!

:(

munch2112
This first sector is killing me.... Can't get it consistent and not really sure what line works best! I vary from anything between a 27.7 to 28.9 and their both clean sectors and not too sure what I do differently!

:(

I can't take turn 5 consistently at all.. Laps vary about 3 seconds..

I can't take turn 5 consistently at all.. Laps vary about 3 seconds..

Use a strong rear brake balance, start out wide, slight brake and then lift totally, the thing will rotate quickly round and squeal...back to part throttle, but it should come tight to the curb and you have to wait and then spot the exit and nail it. You've got it right if you've maintained at least 60mph, best apex speed is 62/63mph and perhaps slightly more if you can nail the throttle control to stop the understeer.

Last edited:
Ummm.... Which ones turn 5? To me, it could be either the one before T1 or the one after?! :S

First turn of sector 2, treating turn 1 as a single turn (it's more of a sequence but it's effectively one 'piece')

Last edited:
millross
First turn of sector 2, treating turn 1 as a single turn (it's more of a sequence but it's effectively one 'piece')

That's what I though ;) thought I'd just clarify for my own sanity! ;)

Had another run, took about 2 tenths of the overall lap time, but hesitated on the power out of turn 1, and was too early on the power out of the final turn - so I had to lift off slightly which lost me time all the way to the line 👎

T1 27.691
T2 17.526

Still hopefully 2 tenths to find overall and I'll be happy. Trying to figure out how to gain a bit of time through T2 - theres only one braking zone for turn 5 and the rest is flat out. Im shifting down to 2nd for more traction - it is bouncing off the limiter but I seem to loose grip if I stay in 3rd and wash-out into the barrier.

Ran about another 50 or so laps today, and just finally beat my ghost back to the start/finish line. 2/10ths slower in T1, but almost 3/10ths faster in T2. 2/10ths faster lap than before...

T1: 27.948
T2: 17.702

I'm losing time in turn 1 again, thinking I just need to get on the gas a bit sooner, 2 and 3 I think I've got down, 4 is easy, 5 I'm getting better at, and the final turn I think I've got licked.

Might be my last run at this due to work....which, having work, actually, is a good thing considering the mess the nation is in! :crazy:

Fun little combo, Kevin!

Blew 44.890 and hit a few low 27.5s....conversion rate is poor. Last turn ability is getting worse :(

BB 3/8, ABS 1 (as suggested by someone earlier in the thread).

Good combo, Kev! Not sure if I can get faster than this, might be at my limit already. I will try, though.

I see what you guys mean with the mirrors. Those things stick out almost as far as Prince Charles' ears do.

Code:
2/29/2012	POSTED 2.29.12			TCS: 	OFF
LAP 1		LAP 2 Target	LAP 3	        4WDtq: 	N/A
Time:		        Time:	 0.000	Time:	0.000	ASM:  OFF
T1:	[s]28.696[/s]	T1:	 [s]28.000[/s]	T1:		        ABS:	 10
T2:	[s]17.912[/s]	T2:	 [s]18.000[/s]	T2:		        B. BIAS 2.10
T3:		        T3:		                                AS:	OFF
SPLIT:  [s]46.608[/s]	SPLIT  [s]46.000[/s]	SPLIT  0	         STR SENS	: OFF
-1MIN	0.000	0.000		0.000         CAR CLR:	AST. BLK
TOT=		TOT=		TOT=		 FFB:	3

I missed those BB and ABS settings. 👍, Daniel

I did not know we could set brake bias in Arcade!

I can't get my button mapping to take on my GTP account, so I haven't been able to adjust my bias. I have a Fanatec GT3 V2 RS, anyone know how to get it to work?

On my main account changing the Driving Force Pro button mapping changed it, but it's not working on this account...

I can't get my button mapping to take on my GTP account, so I haven't been able to adjust my bias. I have a Fanatec GT3 V2 RS, anyone know how to get it to work?

On my main account changing the Driving Force Pro button mapping changed it, but it's not working on this account...

Can't you map the DS3 controller to change RA functions?

Yep - that's what I do. Press and hold the PS button and make your DS3 controller '1' (as well as the wheel). I then use the square button to select the RA menu, and the arrows to navigate and adjust.

T1: 27.889
T2: 17.343

BB: 0/10 :crazy:
Almost happy with T3, but need to brush a lap with a 27.5 first sector: turn 2 is a killer.

I've somehow managed to shave .15 off of my over all time, while gaining over a second in the first splits. WTF! :scared:

EDIT: Ah, much better!

Last edited:
Back