GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 56 : MR2 the Max

• Thread starter EDK
  • 335 comments
I thought so, but then I start worrying about it's outside the white lines. So part of me feels OK with it and the other part is freaking out thinking, "I dunno...?".

Got my PS3 back from the Grandkids, got a few adjustments, and better times with a run that is sqeeky clean!

Not sure I've got the will power to run this again. I've left over 0.3 on the track so I'm not expecting much come results day. Jack, Louis and Racer_LP have had the better of me this week that's for sure.

Good job men 👍

Carlos Fandango
Not sure I've got the will power to run this again. I've left over 0.3 on the track so I'm not expecting much come results day. Jack, Louis and Racer_LP have had the better of me this week that's for sure.

Good job men 👍

Cheers Carlos, its too close to call I think.
You never know what t3 will bring. In the Monza event a couple of weeks back I was leading d3, but ended up provisional 4th.
I think its luck now, I may have crossed the white line a few hundredths quicker but my speed might have been a few mph slower over the line - one things for sure its gonna be close! Will have a final run tonight to look for that magic lap, theoretically I could go tenth quicker but very unlikely. Good luck if you run again.

Al, that is a serious OH BLANK!! moment, lol.

I'm curious whether this is clean or not. After coming out of the tunnel just after Sector 1. I'm thinking not, but would like to be certain.

Deep Forest Raceway by TBoat009, on Flickr

Clean from a stanpoint of boundary. As mentioned, as long as you don't touch the wall.

Thanks Louis (call me Jon) but its bedtime on Monday night now and work tomorrow. Will submit with my current splits :cheers:

Managed to find another .5 in T2 but lost a bit of it before the end of the lap. I think I'll stop with the time I have now as I don't think I'll be able to beat that T2 without a much faster T1.

Also during the many, many laps I ran I noticed that just making slight contact with the concrete on the right out of the last tunnel has less grip when two tires made contact and resulted in a few slides after returning them back to the racing surface.

EDK
Clean from a stanpoint of boundary. As mentioned, as long as you don't touch the wall.

Does the allowable track surface extend to the gray concrete rumbles, or do 4 tires left of the white line there constitute dirty?

I appreciate the help and input very much.

Thanks Nine_Hundred, two Mikes, same color MR2.

Last edited:
EDK

Is it because his tires might be touching the white line? If the tires are not touching the white line, would he be considered to be in the "run off area"?

Guys. The white line means nothing here. The track boundary is where the tarmac ends. As EDK said, the only real way to be dirty there is by hitting the wall.

Is it because his tires might be touching the white line? If the tires are not touching the white line, would he be considered to be in the "run off area"?

No, it's clean because the "tarmac" extends beyond the white line (up till the lighter gray concrete rumbles). If there were hypothetically no wall there, and all for wheels were completely off the tarmac but still on the lighter gray concrete rumbles, then it would be dirty.

Have submitted with current splits. I almost hit my theoretical best lap, only 0.1 left on the track for me. :D

I didn't get more than about 30 minutes of time into this one. Hopefully we get this house that we put an offer on, as house hunting has been taking up too much of my WRS time this last week.

Final session over, managed a 24.19x for t1, but couldn't hold on for the line.
Got within 0.04x of my current fastest lap, the only way I beat it was when I cut across the cobbles at the start of sector 3. So no new splits.

This has been a great combo, can't believe at the start of the week I predicted my fastest possible target - and I've beaten it by 2.5tenths :)

Good luck to those still running, im going to submit with what I've got.

Cheers

Checked my replay and I need to revise my splits:

It isn't too late to start this, is it ? :sly:
No time for me this week, been busy with school stuff.

EDIT: V for Vendetta is on TV right now, I guess GT5 can't be opened right now ;)

Last edited:
Had to cancel the 3D3 upcoming event and I wasn't going to submit in WRS this week due to this cold bug I picked up. However, I was going through and deleting files and found one last Deep Forest run I made before the :yuck: hit. Probably won't even meet my handicap, but the effort always counts. :)

Submitting.

Submitted my time, only had 1 very short session at the start of the week so not expecting much :)

Final session over, managed a 24.19x for t1, but couldn't hold on for the line.
Got within 0.04x of my current fastest lap, the only way I beat it was when I cut across the cobbles at the start of sector 3. So no new splits.

This has been a great combo, can't believe at the start of the week I predicted my fastest possible target - and I've beaten it by 2.5tenths :)

Good luck to those still running, im going to submit with what I've got.

Cheers

Good luck Louis - I suspect you have me well beaten over the lap.

T1: 24.299
T2: 29.909
Saw a few low .2 T1's and a few .8 T2's but I'm pretty happy with my T3 (as far as I'm happy with being last in D1).
Going to be close for fastest pad user.;)

Back