GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 59 : A GT's GT

• Thread starter EDK
  • 327 comments
I might run some more laps before the deadline, likely to be to no avail because I have an ultra-solid lap, but the Mclaren event is frustrating me at the moment due to inability to control it at speed, this is the stress-free alternative, believe it or not!? (Not often the case with HSR high-lines!)

Funny but I feel the same way. lol

Feels good to be good I guess.:)

D2 looks close, wish I could say the same for D1. :/
Really a shame Mr_P amd T-L left without a trace, I was looking forward to a good battle, oh well - they might pull something out near the deadline.

Really a shame Mr_P amd T-L left without a trace, I was looking forward to a good battle, oh well - they might pull something out near the deadline.

Don't count Spud out, he has a habit of getting a great time near the deadline. He's done it so many times before, he looks to be running it now as well. So as the saying goes "Don't count your chickens" :)

Looks like you have a fantastic time though, great job 👍

Don't count Spud out, he has a habit of getting a great time near the deadline. He's done it so many times before, he looks to be running it now as well. So as the saying goes "Don't count your chickens" :)

I'm just having a massive feast at the minute and I've been out and about all day so am pretty tired, but I may have to give a classic 1 hour stint at the end, wish me luck! :sly:

P.S. Twitchy you are insane, I'd be over the moon with a .1 split, but a .0? Not happening! :P

I didn't, mind that I don't know anyone who got to D1S on a pad other than Spud.
Also, thanks!

I'm just having a massive feast at the minute and I've been out and about all day so am pretty tired, but I may have to give a classic 1 hour stint at the end, wish me luck! :sly:

P.S. Twitchy you are insane, I'd be over the moon with a .1 split, but a .0? Not happening! :P

I wish you luck in the final hour. 👍
Thanks, and funny thing is this is my only .0xx split, and what matters is I didn't choke when I saw it so I did a pretty good T3 aswell.
I'm not great on all tracks and I was quite amazed when I saw I hit D1G to be frank, yet with HSR beeing my (by far) best track and the only track I feel trully godlike on I was kind of bound to nail it. Eh... I spent so much time on HSR on GT5:P, basically it was all I played. :D
It's a real shame I can't take part in GT Academy, a real bummer for me but that's another matter.

When is the results normally up? just noticed a fellow Division 2 driver has jumped me on the leaderboard :scared: nice splits jack5248 👍.

I am still extremely rusty myself :crazy:

Not to be superstitious but I fell sick a couple of weeks ago and was in bed for nearly a week. The strange thing is when I recovered I was no longer a smoker any more and I could no longer stand the taste of coffee. I smoked between 20-30 a day and went through a fair amount of coffee as well :crazy:

I hope things don't come in 3's like they say and I don't manage to get back up to pace on GT. I shouldn't really class stopping smoking and drinking a lot of coffee as a bad thing though, it's now been 3 weeks since I quit :)

I am sure with more practice I will be back to normal soon though, look forward to competing with you and all the other guys soon.

Looking at next weeks combo though admin saw me coming, they have heard me complain many times about Nurb GP :sly: I may still give it a go, but i'm not a fan of rocket ships either, it takes me far to long to get up to speed in them :ouch:

I am still extremely rusty myself :crazy:

Not to be superstitious but I fell sick a couple of weeks ago and was in bed for nearly a week. The strange thing is when I recovered I was no longer a smoker any more and I could no longer stand the taste of coffee. I smoked between 20-30 a day and went through a fair amount of coffee as well :crazy:

I hope things don't come in 3's like they say and I don't manage to get back up to pace on GT. I shouldn't really class stopping smoking and drinking a lot of coffee as a bad thing though, it's now been 3 weeks since I quit :)

I am sure with more practice I will be back to normal soon though, look forward to competing with you and all the other guys soon.

Looking at next weeks combo though admin saw me coming, they have heard me complain many times about Nurb GP :sly: I may still give it a go, but i'm not a fan of rocket ships either, it takes me far to long to get up to speed in them :ouch:

I'm still up for a race to get you back on pace. 👍

Also, good job for quitting smoking, I once quit too... for 8 months but I had to return, what's life without tobacco, seriously? At least I now smoke half a pack a day, compared to a pack a day from the before the 8 months' break.
Now, I mean I'm still very young (18) but I smoke for almost 3 years (not counting the break). Not something to be proud of but everyone has a vice, at least I don't drink or do drugs. 👍

God to see you around Plato. Hope you get back to a level you're comfortable with soon.

I'm just counting the minutes till this one is over. I hate watching people pass me when I'm at work.

Hey Baron!

20.829 🤬

and something fairly special in sector 3 ;)

I absolutely ran T1 to the limit - with just 2 inches to spare. Just need to watch the data logger to check for no nobbly bits on the exit, but it appears to be ok....

If she's good in the data logger then I'm submitting again and this time it's for good! All the best, fellow driving mentalists!!

God to see you around Plato. Hope you get back to a level you're comfortable with soon.

I'm just counting the minutes till this one is over. I hate watching people pass me when I'm at work.

:cheers:

I'm slowly getting there I think. I am driving the slower cars at first to get used to it all over again, anything over 600pp I have no chance of being able to drive at the moment.

Sorry to take the thread off topic guys :scared:

millross
Hey Baron!

20.829 🤬

Submitting (again) and this time it's for good! All the best, fellow driving mentalists!!

Hello sir, I hope you're really done this time.

Hello sir, I hope you're really done this time.

I'd love to see how you did your .626 in sector 2 :bowdown:

The first splits I put on the board this week that were any good had a .754 in there, since then I think I hit 750s a few times, but absolutely none in the last few days, think I take the wrong line, but I've tried so many other lines to no avail.

Infact if we pool our splits Baron, we're in 2nd overall ;)

Great showing from D2 this week 👍 👍

millross
Infact if we pool our splits Baron, we're in 2nd overall ;)

If you can convince the admins I'm all for it. Looks like that's my only chance at a podium.

I know my T3 is 🤬 but I hope I don't slip too far down :nervous: Only have myself to blame as I only worked out T2 at 11pm on what is submission night for me :banghead:

That's a great T1 Matt, and Jack's time to T2 is just :eek: Just hoping I'll still be in touch with the rest of D2 and that I don't hurt my handicap too much.

Ran for 3.5 hours this week which is a decent chunk for me, but like everyone, I could have been a contender with more seat time :sly:

Good luck everyone :cheers:

Sorry been laid up for days with a work related backache from hell due to moving a barrel and i'm nowhere near able to race at the moment 👎

Looks like someone found a shortcut since I last raced here going by the leaderboard :sly: some crazy wicked splits guys! will submit the lap from my last update early in the week and take the D1 wooden spoon anyway :P

Nice racing chaps... GL to all in the results :cheers:

When is the results normally up? just noticed a fellow Division 2 driver has jumped me on the leaderboard :scared: nice splits jack5248 👍.

Thanks Green no easy task going quicker than you had to the T2 line. many laps to do it is what it took. Hope we both end up doing well Im always uneasy when Im in the lead on the splitsboard before results are shown myself. lol

Hey Baron!

20.829 🤬

Uh oh! haha

Cant wait to see how special it is.👍

Take it you guys have another hour as the clocks went forward, would explain why the results are not up on the leaderboard yet

Take it you guys have another hour as the clocks went forward, would explain why the results are not up on the leaderboard yet

Yeah I better submit my time then try a few hail mary passes thru T3 on my ghost before the deadline. haha

That's me done I'm falling asleep here, also got the early wakeup for work. 👎

Slightly disappointed that I have left about a tenth on the track, was starting to get .5's quite a bit in T2 which I didn't start doing until this evening! My submitted lap has probably one of my best T3's though so I'm fairly pleased.

P.S. A lot of slideways action in my lap. :D

This has been one of the best races I've (n)ever been in, guys. 👍 Thanks for putting on quite a show. :cheers:

I'll be looking for Dale at the top of the handicap board. :eek:

Submitted with splits on the board. Stick a fork in me Im done.

This one I got no clue how I did I jumped up and down the board so many times which tells me the board isnt telling the whole truth for sure in D2.

Good luck everyone. Cant wait to see how we did.:)

Submitted with splits on the board. Stick a fork in me Im done.

This one I got no clue how I did I jumped up and down the board so many times which tells me the board isnt telling the whole truth for sure in D2.

Good luck everyone. Cant wait to see how we did.:)

I am just waiting for the replays from you guys so I can see how this track is supposed to be done!

Back