GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 77 : Two Ton Roadhammer

• Thread starter Speedy6543
  • 153 comments

Loosing much time in T2.

I ran a lot of laps but I could never get close to your T2 splits. I only had one 20.10 in T2, but that was when I tested the influence of SRF on the lap time. Maybe your tune works better for T2, maybe you're a better driver or maybe you have turned SRF on by accident. Please make sure SRF is off.

I'm not running this week I'm afraid, just like last week and the week before.... Stupidly started the Le Mans 24hr endurance race 3 weeks ago but haven't had alot of free time to spend on it. I'm only about 7.5 hours in and at this rate it'll be another 2 months before I'm done. :scared: Already too far in to want to quit though. I might back up my save and run next week... :indiff: Anyway...

I did give it a quick blast on my spare account and got a setup going for the car, before deciding I wasn't going to get sucked in and went back to La Sarthe :rolleyes:

LSD
F 5/5/5
R 5/18/5

Torque split
40/60

Suspension
60/-30
16.0/10.0
9/6
9/4
7/2

2.0/1.1
0.00/0.00

Ran about 20 laps before making a run for it and couldn't get within about 0.35 of Gerchu's best T2 - make sure you aint got SRF on mate.

Anyway, good luck all. Maybe see you next week.. or next month. Or the month after that... :dopey:

Thanks for the tune Chris. 👍

hope you get through the 24h race eventually. They're a pain.

Well this laps splits are almost identical to my last ones but over 2/10ths better at the line.

Al

These aren't very good splits and FWIW here's my tune

LSD:
Front: 5/15/5
Rear: 10/20/10

Torque Split:
40/60

Suspension:
60/-30
16.0/3.0
1/2
6/5
5/1

0.5/0.0
0.05/-0.05

Brake Balance:
2/1

ABS: 10
Active Steering: Strong

Use of the brake pedal is reduced to an extreme minimum as this tune is very oversteery during braking.

I ran a lot of laps but I could never get close to your T2 splits. I only had one 20.10 in T2, but that was when I tested the influence of SRF on the lap time. Maybe your tune works better for T2, maybe you're a better driver or maybe you have turned SRF on by accident. Please make sure SRF is off.

I'm not in home now. I never run with SRF. I always check that & the tyres before enter to the track. But I remember I had to set the grip reduction at Real. It gave me better corner entry.

I tried something a bit different that dropped my time by about a second over the lap. I used isidious' tune, but after turn 2 I changed the torque split to 25/75. Then, in the tunnel, I set it back to 40/60. This cured (at least partly) the understeer in the s-turn, but kept the car stable in the others. I don't know much about tuning, so it might be a coincidence, but it felt much better to me.

Last edited:
First postable splits. No where close to where I would want to be, but maybe if I keep working on it, well, who knows?

At first, I wasn't going to do this one at all. I hate driving in the rain!:grumpy: But then, I thought, if this was Chris's favorite car, he either had to have a large family, or was planning on having a large family so I figured what the heck, load the little buggers into the car and lets have a thrill ride!:crazy:

Anyway, first splits:

About to give this another go. Hopefully I get better splits and results tonight. Also no flips would be nice.

Of course he could just be exceptional in the rain. Or like I did at first, just chose HighSpeedRing Weather change, Intermediates, and went racing. Gosh I am fast! 26.151 and 19.836 were first splits. :guilty: Then:idea:, go read rules again. Oh! Set weather to 100%, track 100% wet, no change! Well that certainly made a difference.

Not saying this is how Gerchy is going so fast, but it's worth looking into mate. Or, like I said before, maybe he is just awesome in the rain with this car.

Just accomplished my goal that I had set last night. I probably won't even run another session with this unless I think I can get a better time out of it by Monday.

Edit: I came extremely close to brushing the wall in the tunnel. Everything looks clear of making contact with the wall, the tunnel is too dark to get a good shot and I don't hear any audio clues.

Guess it's time to check the telemetry. Data logger shows no indication of the wall being hit. :scared:

Last edited:
I'm not in home now. I never run with SRF. I always check that & the tyres before enter to the track. But I remember I had to set the grip reduction at Real. It gave me better corner entry.

To be perfectly frank, I have serious doubts that you are setting faster times than Twissy. Go have another look at your settings and see if you can come even close to replicating this lap.

I know some issues do not show up in replay HUD, but we will find them on the replay if they are there.

I have done my dash on this one. I got 2 hours of laps in just now before guests arrive for lunch and thats it for me. I need to look ahead and focus on London.

Tough first ever WRS challenge for me, but pleased i have a nicely broken in Audi RS6 👍

I dont mean to to come off like an muppet here, and no disrepect is meant by it, but if you have set your grip reduction to real and set those splits I'll eat my shorts.

Will give it a last try with the tunes posted tomorrow, I was running stock until now and managed only 47's :crazy:

Hardly any change in split times but just over 2 tenths quicker over the line.

Surprised to notice I have done almost 1200 miles this week in this car!

Blast it, I wanted a break this week. Wanted to try it, though, so I had Bruce break in a car while I was sleeping.

Shame about the T3...

Better:

Thanks to those who posted tunes; very short on time and sleep. Still not sure I'll be able to submit (might as well be rolling for Yahtzee so far in T3); London looks very tempting.

Last edited:
As stated above, London looks very tempting. Give it a last go in the wet, did another fast lap with almost identical t1 and t2 as posted but with 0.456 improvement on the line. Submitted my time, goin' olimpyc now :)

A little improvement in splits but not quite the improvement at the line as they would indicate. Lost almost a tenth in T3 but still overall better.

A little improvement at the line

Last edited:
More improvement for me.

Edit: I'm going to go ahead and just submit this lap. I don't think I can put a faster time together for a better overall lap.

Last edited:
One last attempt and it yielded almost a 10th at the line.

Posting and submitting:

Not a good combo for me :(

Off to London now!

Tried active steering. Not sure if it helped but I nailed T3 for a 0.15 OA improvement.

Last edited:
My feelings exactly.

And I tried putting wet/edge reduction to Real. I'll eat Twissy's shorts if someone went faster with that on! It took me 4 attempts to get to the start line...

I have been unable to improve on my time. Submitted with my splits and on to London.

Al

I think thats it for me, too much time spent in the enduro races so didn't really put much effort into this event

Back