GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 77 : Two Ton Roadhammer

• Thread starter Speedy6543
  • 153 comments
Now I've flipped it coming out of turn 1 down the entire length of that short straight before Turn 2.

Wow, I guess I'm not going fast enought to pull that one off HAHA. Turn 2 is a female dog though, the only way I manage to come out of that turn fast enough is if I somehow "drift" through it. It's really confusing.

GTPorsche
I wasn't even able to get a clean lap in. Handicap is always affected by participating in the TT, but I'm more worried about having a clean lap at the end of the week than I am about my handicap.

Makes sense. Thanks, I wasn't sure what you meant in your previous post.

Okay, after some trial and error, this is what I came up with.

This time, I adjusted the spring rate, the bound and rebound of the shocks. Worked quite well for me in taking turn 2. 👍

I have a better feel for it but still not a fan of this track. I go faster and I wonder how I did it?

Al

I have a better feel for it but still not a fan of this track. I go faster and I wonder how I did it?

Al

Nice times Al!👍 I thought I had locked tenth for the night, but like the saying goes, theres always someone better behind you.:)

Al

It does have a bang-your-head-against-the-wall element to it, eh? Early on it was turn 4 I couldn't get, then last night I was having trouble with the last turn. Both times, when you finally get it right and get the massive launch on exit there's less an "ah hah" feeling to it than there is a "how did that happen" feel.

Edit: I think my next step is to play with TCS settings a bit. Been running TCS off but wonder if it'd make any positive difference, especially in turns 3 and 4.

New splits, mild improvement.

I'm in no way used to driving on wet pavement, so this is okay to me. T2 seems fine enough, I guess. T1 will probably need a fix.

Last edited:
Making a return in my first since around Week 40, will post splits shortly
First Run

Best:

Last edited:

29wtrfp.jpg

If thats your set up, im afraid your on the wrong tyre. I couldnt quite get my head around how I was losing so much in T1

I'm using the Intermediate tyres. I took the picture right after I checked my replay. The tyres get changed to "Racing: Rain" automatically by the game everytime you start a replay. Also the Intermediates are faster than the Rain tyres when the option "Grip Reduction on Track Edge/Wet Surface" is set to low. I also double checked that SRF is off.

Well, I found a little time, still way off though.

Using iSidious' tune with some tweaks.

After being on cloud 9 with my qualification for the WRS TTs I have come crashing down very quickly.

I am really struggling with this. I have Brocken the car in and I still can't get under 27secs for sector 1. Turn 1 great, but can't work out the line for turn 2. My second sector times are good.

Really frustrated. First showing in the comp and I don't think it will be good :-(

I finally got around to letting Bob break in my car. I'll give this another go tomorrow or Sunday. Looks like Division 5 is pretty tight, and I'm in last. I'll need to rectify that situation!

After being on cloud 9 with my qualification for the WRS TTs I have come crashing down very quickly.

I am really struggling with this. I have Brocken the car in and I still can't get under 27secs for sector 1. Turn 1 great, but can't work out the line for turn 2. My second sector times are good.

Really frustrated. First showing in the comp and I don't think it will be good :-(

Trust me, we won't hold it against you. This TT is difficult to say the least. Welcome to the neighbourhood!

Al

Great. First lap I run just now I end up being .7 faster than anything I ran on my first attempt and I can't post the splits because I hit the wall coming out of turn 1. :ouch:

Edit: After watching my replay, my tires switched to sports hard.

Edit2: More barrel rolls. I think 16 of them. I lost count because it was flipping so fast.

Last edited:

Back when I first signed up for WRS, these were the first events posted.

Tsukuba Wet

Nurburgring Nordschleiffe

Ice Arena

I thought - Wow, these guys are f'in crazy! Then they posted this -

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=95493

And I've been hooked in for 5+ years.

This is the results thread of the event above, and my first WRS.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=95702

Not last, but close enough. :indiff:

We go in cycles, and I can promise you that the next event (that I am selecting and will be putting up this weekend) will be much more approachable for a new member. We work to change things up, probably to a fault sometimes, but that also keeps things interesting for everyone, and more enjoyable overall. 👍

:cheers: to you for giving Crazy Christophe's event a try. :)

Ever since that dirty lap, I haven't been able to get under 47 at T2. Then the one lap I thought was going to be good, which was under 47 at T2, I touched the curb up high in the final corner and lost control.

Not my best lap but here are splits from my fastest clean lap. I'm screwing up the S curve, but I just don't know how to approach them better. Right now my goal for this week is to top that dirty time I had earlier.

That's my fastest T1 so far though.

As much as I wanted to take part of this one, I haven't been able to.
My limited available time this week went to the oncoming enduro.
Had a couple of laps and my times were not really competitive, somewhere around n0iZe's splits.

As Kevin already mentioned, this is a difficult one.
+HSR has always given very close splits through the divisions.
Looking back at week 59, the first 29 guys were within 1 second of eachother. Of course, this was the dry version of the track...

I'll try and find some time to do this one and come up with a tune (using Ramon's guide) for you guys. :nervous:

I'll try and find some time to do this one and come up with a tune (using Ramon's guide) for you guys. :nervous:

I may still try to tune the car for those brave enough to take part this week. I'm also busy with the enduro, but you never know what time may bring.

Please don't take my post as a slight, as I would view the guys who put up the races I linked to as legendary in this land. :bowdown:

(Vipers tune)

I'm not gonna get quicker than that this week, tough combo

Back