GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 79 : F1 Summer Break Blues

• Thread starter EDK
  • 282 comments
Not fully broken yet and using Driving line.

Going to practice without the line now I feel more comfortable with it.

Last edited:
Nice splits, Mohit. Someone needs to share this 'miracle transmission' thats tearing up sector 1.... I can't work out how you're doing those crazy splits without witchcraft.

Like Mohit, a bit of an annoying lap. I had oversteer in turn 1 which cost half a tenth or so and out of the chicane i had massive oversteer and lost a tenth.....so despite being my best lap by quite a bit I now know that I can do even better, which is irritating cos I'm dying to give up thru frustration at not being able to do better sector 1s as well as crashing thru pushing so hard!

Will have another crack at this today, haven't ran it since monday so will be interesting to see what I can come up with.

Edit: Maybe not, throttle is flickering now! argh

Last edited:
Nice splits, Mohit. Someone needs to share this 'miracle transmission' thats tearing up sector 1.... I can't work out how you're doing those crazy splits without witchcraft.

Me too, just messed around with my own so far, 7th feels dead.

I need to soften my suspension too.

I've finally stopped tinkering and this is it

Insatiables setup
Suspension
20.0/20.0
8/8 6/6 7/7
3.1/2.1
0.00/0.07

Full aero

Brakes 5/3

Gearing
Tranny trick first and....

LSD (credit to Marc)
9/45/8

Beat the overall lap on a 12.70x but I had a Nice trip mowing the grass before Pouhon and it's dirty :)

(repeat for fetchy)

You need some electrical contact spray - Halford's sell cans of it cheaply enough. Take pedal cover off and spray it into the potentiometer, work the pedal a bit, spray a bit more and jobs a good un. 👍 Oh, don't forget to put them back together after or they won't work properly. :P

Then again, maybe don't do that 'cos you'll probably trounce me otherwise. :sly:

Great splits Matt and Mohit. 👍 Great progress over the week Matt. :)

When it flickers with a small input when you don't press the pedal?

That happened to mine the other month, I just opened it up and gave it a quick clean, been fine since.

As per usual with TT's, I refer to Chris' advice: thrash the car mecilessly ;)
When I thought I had hit a wall in T2 I would just try to push the car as hard as possible into Rivage and see what happens if I had a bad T1 and probably couldn't improve my overall lap.
Once I had a good feel for that turn, the entrance to Les Fanges was next on the list....turns out the car can be pushed waaaayyyy harder than I would have thought.
Good Luck 👍
Thanks Marc(?) :cheers: Good advice - I had a good go today, telling my left foot to stay off the brake and my right to stay on the throttle, when they want to do the opposite. :crazy: Brain says "Not going to make this corner" but it somehow does. It took a few laps before I could keep it on the track but the reward was huge and I knocked 9 tenths off my lap. :D

Personal bests in every sector and I don't think I breathed for the whole lap. I can see the possibility for a couple more tenths but if I don't get them, I am more than happy with this I think. Good luck everyone, particularly Marc, gooners and millross fighting for the top spots in D2 - I don't think I'll be challenging you gents but you never know. :cheers:

I guess I'm falling behind (slightly) because I haven't messed with the transmission at all for this combo. I'll have to give that a try and see how things go.

Cheers Chris! :)

Nice splits Christina! It's all getting too close....my t3 is pants to boot! Good job there's time left ;)

You need some electrical contact spray - Halford's sell cans of it cheaply enough. Take pedal cover off and spray it into the potentiometer, work the pedal a bit, spray a bit more and jobs a good un. 👍 Oh, don't forget to put them back together after or they won't work properly. :P

Then again, maybe don't do that 'cos you'll probably trounce me otherwise. :sly:

Great splits Matt and Mohit. 👍 Great progress over the week Matt. :)

Yup, took them apart... chore in itself! Suprisingly it was fairly dust free, I was expecting a load of rubbish to be inside, did some spraying and finally now put them back together. Will give it a test after the Man City has finished!

Yup, took them apart... chore in itself! Suprisingly it was fairly dust free, I was expecting a load of rubbish to be inside, did some spraying and finally now put them back together. Will give it a test after the Man City has finished!

Dull match so far....

Edit: amazing match so far!! :)

Last edited:

Sorted woop! 👍

Bloomin eck, big improvement in a straight line and over the kerbs!

Last edited:
A few people have gotten sick at my house, looks like I won't have time to put together a lap before the deadline. I do hope to make the race Wednesday, though.

Submitted as is, just incase I don't get chance to run again before deadline and forget :P

Done for tonight, my shoulders are hurting from running this all day, intense is an understatement :scared:

Having a bit of problems getting consistency at les combes hows everyone handing that chicane? right now im breaking 2 downshifts and throwing the car in and hoping it will stick, very hard to get the same results consistently.

Finished on this one with

Submitting

Think this one could be quite close Chris!

I think I do better in the version where the weather can't be changed. But I'm having a little trouble on Eau Rouge. Advice?

That's about it for me... I'll take another run, but with Chris' setup to see if it helps in T2I still have trouble getting through Pouhon consistently, and well. Not so much a speed thing, more like wasting good laps due to spins and near spins.

I'm taking Eau rouge flat out Nick. Using the rumbles everywhere 👍

Holy James! 43.2 :bowdown: <-- that 's to both you and Chris (.025 - seriously!!). Looks like it will be a heck of a finish 👍

Last edited:
I can't do any more. Might slip back from lb position but submitting and moving on cos have hit 1000 miles and it's too frustrating now!

Nick Skyline

I think I do better in the version where the weather can't be changed. But I'm having a little trouble on Eau Rouge. Advice?

If the car's setup is right, Eau Rouge and Blanchimont are taken flat.

:lol: What happened there then?

I quickly left the room after the first few corners :).

First combo i've done in a while and I enjoyed it, Ill have to try and make time for next weeks one.

New and final splits.

Getting pretty close to all I have. There's maybe two-tenths still on the table, somewhere between Pouhon and Stavelot.

Edit:

Realized my provious T2 was 3/10 off my best and went back to clean that up. Also found something in Stavelot. I'm beginning to hate Malmedy, however -- vicious kerbs.

Last edited:

Having the same problem on for days, but on the brake pedal :banghead:

Sometimes, after taking the foot there´s some flickering of brakes, and just go away after pressing hard for a couple of times.
But the bigger problem is that i damage the top of the screw of my brake pedal and now i can´t take the cover :ouch::ouch:

Anybody as some idea on what to do?:nervous:

I assume you mean a stripped screw? See this.

Thanks Tim, great article (see point 12 :dopey:) and didn´t know that such thing as Screw Extractor even existed.

Firts thing in the morning to try to find in some big stores that i have around, fingers crossed 👍

Having the same problem on for days, but on the brake pedal :banghead:

Sometimes, after taking the foot there´s some flickering of brakes, and just go away after pressing hard for a couple of times.
But the bigger problem is that i damage the top of the screw of my brake pedal and now i can´t take the cover :ouch::ouch:

Anybody as some idea on what to do?:nervous:

mine was starting to do the same for the throttle, i blew compressed air into the pedal sets in any area i could, and it solved the problem. Its probably best to get it apart though... but it worked and it took 15 seconds to do :dopey:

Latest Posts

Back