GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 79 : F1 Summer Break Blues

• Thread starter EDK
  • 282 comments
Can anyone tell me in laymen's terms how to do the tranny trick? I have seen a couple of explanations but they seem to contradict each other, so not sure which is correct.
Thanks in advance

Final gear to the right, top speed to the left. Then you set the gears so they are even, with 1st gear being all the way to the left, and 2nd depending on how many gears the car has. After you set the gears so they are even, you set the final gear for the speed you need on the track at the fastest straight.

GTPorsche
Final gear to the right, top speed to the left. Then you set the gears so they are even, with 1st gear being all the way to the left, and 2nd depending on how many gears the car has. After you set the gears so they are even, you set the final gear for the speed you need on the track at the fastest straight.

Thanks for this.

Think I'm done :pooped:
Was dipping back into the .58x range again in T1, but never held it for the lap.
Submitted with these splits 👍
Good Luck everyone :cheers:

First full session:

Was 2 seconds off pace in T2 after my first half-hour tuning session last week. Family and now my own sickness (very rare for me) have taken their toll; not sure how tonight's sleep is going to go, hopefully another session left.

Not enough free time and the incredible heat of last weekend, has made it impossible for me to improve on my best splits. I probably will submit with my current time.

... fingers crossed 👍
Hope you get them sorted Joao mate. G series pedals have this issue alot but if the worst happens, replacement potentiometers are fairly cheap. 👍

Think this one could be quite close Chris!
I hope so mate... and that you don't just thrash me in the last sector. Its a drag up the hill then nail that chicane... :scared: Good luck 👍 Fantastic 2nd sector!

Can anyone tell me in laymen's terms how to do the tranny trick? I have seen a couple of explanations but they seem to contradict each other, so not sure which is correct.
Thanks in advance

Here is a link to Praiano's tutorial on tranny tuning. It has a great little caption that shows "where" to place each gear as Porsche describes. 👍

First full session:

Was 2 seconds off pace in T2 after my first half-hour tuning session last week. Family and now my own sickness (very rare for me) have taken their toll; not sure how tonight's sleep is going to go, hopefully another session left.

Feel better Ren...

Ran just over 700kms for this and managed to get down to a 1'13.25x last night but ruined it in the chicane. Still way off the pace of Marc, Matt and Mohit (maybe I need to change my name), but better. Outstanding and deeply impressive pace at the front. Good luck guys and thanks for the warm welcome back!

:cheers:

Cheers Jon, unfortunately my t3 is pants and I could easily end up 4th or 5th if viper pulls a blinder.

Low 13s is decent after a long break! 👍

good luck if you're still thrashing it mercilessly ;-)

Only got started today, first splits...

Last edited:
So .025 separates the top 2, and .035 separates 3,4 :D
Wow!
Great runs guys 👍 Down to a photo finish now :cheers:

Submitted, but may have another quick go later as I'm so annoyed at a sloppy exit of the chicane.

Great battle between James and Chris and now Mohit and Marc - I never worked out T1 enough to join in, but had 1000 miles of fun on this - so many miles infact I had to use one of my free engine overhaul tickets - I managed to make an oil change last 1 hour prior to it! :lol:

Submitted, but may have another quick go later as I'm so annoyed at a sloppy exit of the chicane.

Great battle between James and Chris and now Mohit and Marc - I never worked out T1 enough to join in, but had 1000 miles of fun on this - so many miles infact I had to use one of my free engine overhaul tickets - I managed to make an oil change last 1 hour prior to it! :lol:

I've overhauled 3 times :lol: 1.5 mil baby!!!!
Not even sure why - it never coincided with / produced a better lap, but it made the whole process feel that much more Formula 1 :D

I've overhauled 3 times :lol: 1.5 mil baby!!!!
Not even sure why - it never coincided with / produced a better lap, but it made the whole process feel that much more Formula 1 :D

3 times....:drool: You're dedicated :)

I wouldnt have bothered if it wasn't free :D

I must have raced 200 miles with inferior oil wondering why I can't keep up with the ghost...I wish it would bong at you and tell you!

3 times....:drool: You're dedicated :)

I wouldnt have bothered if it wasn't free :D

I must have raced 200 miles with inferior oil wondering why I can't keep up with the ghost...I wish it would bong at you and tell you!

It does... sort of.
If I hit the line at 3 kms slower than usual 3 times in a row after about 30 minutes of lapping... time to change the oil 👍
Not entirely scientific, but not far off ;)

The F10 drops hp fairly quickly. I did about 85 laps in the course of 2 races and lost 35 hp.

Hey guys, will there be a follow up online race for this one? I have a gtp tag and would love to join in.

Last edited:
Yes, just check this area of the forums, and you'll see the thread. You're already in the 3D3 database, so you only need to make sure you are friends with the lounges (GTP_3D3Racing, GTP_3D3_A, GTP_3D3_B), and then hit the sign-up button that you'll see under the current list of sign-ups. 👍

D2 seems to have left me in the dust back at the chicane, over the weekend, but I'm going to check my replay once more and just submit. This one was too fun, even if I left tenths at every corner. :D

Thanks and good-luck, Marc. :cheers:

I've taken stavelot slightly quicker but on the whole this is easily the best lap and pb in sector 2. T3 not perfect but good enough, just missed exit slightly. Glad I had another 45 mins. Resubmitting!

I'm giving up 4+ tenths in a hairpin :grumpy: I can't imagine what I'm giving up in the chicane :scared:

And 3 tenths better at the line :)

Last edited:
Gravitron
Yes, just check this area of the forums, and you'll see the thread. You're already in the 3D3 database, so you only need to make sure you are friends with the lounges (GTP_3D3Racing, GTP_3D3_A, GTP_3D3_B), and then hit the sign-up button that you'll see under the current list of sign-ups. 👍

D2 seems to have left me in the dust back at the chicane, over the weekend, but I'm going to check my replay once more and just submit. This one was too fun, even if I left tenths at every corner. :D

Thanks and good-luck, Marc. :cheers:

Thanks found it. I was hoping it was next week as I don't get home until Friday. Have fun guys.

Damn....
Took the chicane a bit too cautiously, losing a tenth or two over there :ouch:.

Submitted, good luck guys :cheers:.

Looks like I've got 2.5 hours to try to get that lap I lost last night. But, if I don't get it, I'll be satisfied with what I have currently as I've done the best I could.

Latest Posts

Back