GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 8 : Star in a Reasonably Priced Car

• Thread starter EDK
  • 534 comments
Rudi I want your T1, it will look great with my T2 :D

Not so confident of an overall podium now that I have raced my ghost after a couple of days break, finding time but can't complete the lap. I had a dirty lap a tenth quicker than whats posted.

May settle for the time I have as I am spent on this combo.

Last edited:
Very little time again this week, but have had a chance to have a decent crack at this one tonight for an hour or so. Got the following,

T1: 42.248
T2: 25.158

Time to come off in both of those sectors but it will be a case of finding it before clock runs out tomorrow evening.

Chukabilly has had a good day. :)

First, I raced with Team SMART this morning. 👍 The highlight of my week, to be sure!
Then I watched both the F1 and the Rolex race on T.V.. :):)
Then I got new splits. :):):)
Now I got new splits again!!! :dopey:

T1: 42.052
T2: 25.087

Even the t3 is good, so this will probably be it for me.
Thank you, millross! :cool: I saw one clean sub 42..x on t1, but just never hit Hammerhead right to keep it. Like you, I saw my biggest gains in t2 and 3. 👍 :cheers:
Nice one Kevin!!! :cheers: Needless to say, I've loved this combo! :sly:

And I've got a well-stocked supply of cold beer. :cheers:

Life is good today. :gtpflag:

Race On!

Last edited:
Congrats, Chuk. I don't know how you're doing that. 👍

Here are my final splits:

I think I should win something for my matching numbers after the decimal. :)

Submitted with current splits, I had enough understeer and F(ail)WD for this week. 👎

See you next week. :cheers:

Hey Pyxen, you had a great run, I thought I was done for the week, but.....,
You made me do it!
Changed the color of my car, and it went faster!
But really, the brakes 0/10 made me get around without the understeer.

T1: 42.671
T2: 25.496

Chukabilly has had a good day. :)

T1: 42.052
T2: 25.087

Race On!

Great splits CHUK. Man, I can't believe how competitive D3 is. I'm giving up half a second to you in the first two splits alone, and I've no idea where to find about 4 tenths of that!!! I'm pretty happy with my lap after a total of 3 hours of running, though so am submitting as is. Would love to run some more, but I'm out of time.

Great event everyone. 👍

sigh, I'm seeing consistent 42'0's and 42.1's on T1 and getting good T2, but can't get a good entry to the next to last corner.... anyone have any advice?

sigh, I'm seeing consistent 42'0's and 42.1's on T1 and getting good T2, but can't get a good entry to the next to last corner.... anyone have any advice?

Start from a wide line for second to last corner and take it in 3rd gear.

I think my biggest problem is my braking point, It seems I slow too early or WAY too late and end up in the grass. I'm loving this track though.. kinda hate to leave it. :-)

btw, thanks for the pointers.

Was happy with my posted splits but knew my T3 was poor so I was confident that I could improve it and seeing how competitive D3 is thousandths could be the difference. Got a reasonable improvement in T3 but still trying to figure out how I managed my T1 :). Not keen on a yellow swift but it seems to be the fastest for me.

New splits

T1 42.010
T2 25.225

I improved my lap by 0.4 but my splits are down 0.2 on those posted.... in two minds whether or not to submit my time this week. Part of me says its a bit off not to submit just because I'm having a bad week, but the other part says "stuff that, don't embarrass yourself".

One last run tomorrow to see if I can get a respectable T2 then full speed Nurburgring GP/D.

Amazing times from some of you D3 guys... just incredible. Chuck and Mcfizzle in particular - great job you chaps 👍

Final splits for me, not much of an improvement in split times but I finally nailed the last 2 turns and gained almost .5 seconds overall....glad this one is over. :crazy:

T1: 42.134
T2: 25.171

Wow Division 4 is so close this week. Maybe I should put in a few more runs tomorrow before the deadline.

Probably my final splits for this week if i don't run again before i get to sleep

T1: 42.740
T2: 25.519

I'm heading back to the track momentarily. 2nd in D4 on the LB, and I know I have a better lap out there...waiting. If I don't post again, good luck everybody!

EDIT: Hate to bother folks at the last minute, but is this exit from Hammerhead dirty? It kind of feels dirty, although I wasn't red clocked.

thetopgeartesttrack1.jpg
thetopgeartesttrackn.jpg

Last edited:
My t2 is slower but I can't beat my lap time so I'm submitting my time with these splits,

T1: 43.354
T2: 26.083

If I get time in the morning I'll try again before moving to week 9.

@Gravitron, believe that would be considered clean - refer to the pictures that Rudi posted on page 4 and the subsequent ruling on page 5.

Edit: unless it makes you faster than me, in which case it's definately dirty :D

It's nothing to do with me; but you are completely out of the boundaries....

I'd say it's clear cut filth.

But, it's nothing to do with me.

:irked:👍

It's dirty. You have to keep 2 tires to the left of the white line.

Latest Posts

Back