GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 8 : Star in a Reasonably Priced Car

• Thread starter EDK
  • 534 comments
Yep, thats the same line on the lap I discarded. You can actully go quite farther in and still not get red clocked. As usual the "2 wheel rule" as I call it applies.

Submitted with time on the board, not sure I will have time to run it again today which is ashame. Enjoyed this one and know I have left some time out on the track, as I was beating my ghost through T1 by a couple of car lengths, but struggled to maintain speed through the final sector to beat it.

Good luck this week guys, see you all on Nurb GP :)

I have spent way too much time on this combo now, so I am submitting now with the following splits.:)

T1: 42.100
T2: 24.995

I improved my time a little with this lap, although I could probably still do a bit better in T3 and I no longer have the fastest T2 on the board but it'll do I suppose.:indiff:

Found time for another run, and glad I did :D

New splits

I am very happy with this took 2 tenths off my best overall time, slightly slow T2 but I would much rather have the time I have, then worry about getting into the 24s in T2. Watched the replay a few times to make sure it's clean, the places I needed to look at were fine after looking back at Rudis pictures. Two tyres on track at all times :sly:

Time submitted, moving on to next TT shortly

Last edited:
Nice times Plato.👍 You too, Ash.👍 I finally improved T3 and overall time but I think I'm gonna slide down the charts when the results come out.

Nice times Plato.👍 You too, Ash.👍 I finally improved T3 and overall time but I think I'm gonna slide down the charts when the results come out.

Thanks,

I am not entirely happy with T2 as I moved down the splits leaderboards :sly: but the time I have I am happy with. Amazing how easy most people have found this car to drive judging by the split times, but T3 is where a lot of the time is at. Great splits you have had this week, well done.

Are you done with it and submitted now?
I am, submitted as I cannot see me beating this lap.

Good luck with the results, who knows you might even get yourself an overall podium :)

This 👍

I think it´s the most complicated sector of all WRS we had so far.
I can gain or lost a full second there almost without notice.:scared:

I think I have a great T3 but I won't count on it, just ashame I lost a tenth in T2, that could be a telling factor when the results are up later tonight. It was T3 where I had to make sure there were 2 wheels on the track in the last 2 corners. It looks clean to me.

Long wait for the results though :scared:

Will be submitting with these new splits ... i've had it with this combo.
T1: 42.305
T2: 25.261

Rather slow T3 however.

T3 is where a lot of the time is at. Great splits you have had this week, well done.

Are you done with it and submitted now?
I am, submitted as I cannot see me beating this lap.

Good luck with the results, who knows you might even get yourself an overall podium :)

I am still racing, try to put a full lap together. I want to get at least a tenth off the overall time. I just haven't put a full lap together yet. I need to get more time off the clock to think about an overall podium. D3 is so tough I may not even get a podium there.

I am still racing, try to put a full lap together. I want to get at least a tenth off the overall time. I just haven't put a full lap together yet. I need to get more time off the clock to think about an overall podium. D3 is so tough I may not even get a podium there.

I had a break from this TT for 2 days and it seemed to of helped, like I said my loss of a tenth in T2 could be a telling factor, with the time I have i'm not sure I will make the overall podium, I look good for overall D2 podium though :sly:

Yep, thats the same line on the lap I discarded. You can actully go quite farther in and still not get red clocked. As usual the "2 wheel rule" as I call it applies.

Figured. Thanks for the replies on my pics, guys. 👍 Didn't even notice that I was over the line until about the 3rd time through the replay, marveling at my .14 overall improvement...
Submitting now with the splits that are on the board.

I had a 5 day break from it.... and improved not one bit. :dunce: Just as bad today as I was on my second run. Improved by a whole second over the week but most of that seemed to be in the 3rd sector. I realise different combos suit different people and styles but I don't understand how you D3 guys are going so fast.... I've seen a 41.9xx a grand total of 3 times with what can only be described as a crap T2 following it. Fastest T2 I've seen all week is the one on the leaderboard. Not my favourite week I would say. :)

I submitted anyway so I look forward to being thrashed by most of D3 this week. Bravo! 👍

I'm racing for an overal podium too.:sly:
Just can't pull off the perfect lap. I've seen 2 .7 T2 splits and a couple of .8 splits, but the 2nd to last corner is really buggering me.

New splits:
T1: 41.875
T2: 24.965

Only 0.030 off my previous best. I have a feeling my last sector isn't that good.

Last edited:
Submited with the times on the board.
Not had time to get the time I was after due to work commitments.
Good luck to those carrying on.

I'm racing for an overal podium too.:sly:
Just can't pull off the perfect lap. I've seen 2 .7 T2 splits and a couple of .8 splits, but the 2nd to last corner is really buggering me.

New splits:
T1: 41.875
T2: 24.965

Only 0.030 off my previous best. I have a feeling my last sector isn't that good.

T3 is so important on this track, it is amazing. Unless I do something crazy fast in the next 45 mins, I'm just hoping for a D3 podium. Gonna change car colora, see if maybe white is faster.:sly:

T3 is so important on this track, it is amazing. Unless I do something crazy fast in the next 45 mins, I'm just hoping for a D3 podium. Gonna change car colora, see if maybe white is faster.:sly:

funny you say that, I change colors all the time and 9 out of my 10 fastest times are in the white.... I can't imagine color making a difference.... but its odd that so many of my fast times were with white cars..... and I changed everytime I played, so I didn't use white anymore than any other color.

it is odd that they show you what color car you used for your fastest time though....

Black one is my fastest, used to be a fan of the red one :sly:

My current time was set from only about 7 laps around the TT.

Hope to shave up to a second off my splits later.

65th just ain't good enough!

All this talking about T3 so important is starting to :nervous: me. If I get the braking point for 2nd to last corner right, I have a good T3 (for me). I don't know what's tricky about it.

New splits:

Well, I'm officially done. I finished 3 tenths short of my goal. I had a lap right at the time that was red clocked at Hammerhead. As good as my splits are I just don't think my overall time is very good. It was a fun week but very frustrating in the end. Good luck to everyone.

All this talking about T3 so important is starting to :nervous: me. If I get the braking point for 2nd to last corner right, I have a good T3 (for me). I don't know what's tricky about it.

New splits:

Think i will forget about an overall podium and concentrate on my division :sly:

I take it your using the handbrake for chicago (turn 2), wish I could use it but with my driving style I can't, plus mapping the button is to much hassle, looks like a good advantage to have for that turn using it.

Great splits by the way 👍

I'm starting to feel better about my t3. I've been up by a tenth at t2, but he just passes me by without so much as an "excuse me." One more hour, then I'm done.

Latest Posts

Back