GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 8 : Star in a Reasonably Priced Car

• Thread starter EDK
  • 534 comments
hi all
I'm out this week as i haven't unlocked this track on my GTP account or my main account and having spent most of the day on the campers am nowhere near any closer to doing so which is a shame as i like the look of this one
Hopefully be back for the next one
All the best
ninja

T1: 42.375
T2: 25.269

Dont feel that great on this one yet. This lap was decent but seemed to take a long time to get it.

Still cannot get the racing line, tried to follow the "in-game" line but I've found a few corners to be wrong...

This one is fine by me and the first session ended in these times:

T1: 43.153
T2: 25.716

Will be driving this a lot more than last weeks WRS

hi all
I'm out this week as i haven't unlocked this track on my GTP account or my main account and having spent most of the day on the campers am nowhere near any closer to doing so which is a shame as i like the look of this one
Hopefully be back for the next one
All the best
ninja
Did you try turning on SRF? That should let you take the corners more aggressively. Also draft whenever you can, until you're about to hit the person in front of you, and then take the inside of the next turn and 'nudge' them out of the way. I got gold on the second try.

Hello all. I'm back again after not participating the last 2 weeks. Here are my first splits:

T1: 44.305
T2: 26.712

Did you try turning on SRF? That should let you take the corners more aggressively. Also draft whenever you can, until you're about to hit the person in front of you, and then take the inside of the next turn and 'nudge' them out of the way. I got gold on the second try.

In addition to this you want to make sure you are shifting before it hits the rev limiter. They accelerate slow enough anyway, bouncing it off the limiter and loosing 3-4 mph pretty much kills any shot you have at catching the leaders. Shift right at or just before red line.

Dusted down my wheel for this. First short session...

T1: 43.060
T2: 25.787

Nice little drive 👍

Did you try turning on SRF? That should let you take the corners more aggressively. Also draft whenever you can

Thanks mate
Have used your advice and have now got gold on the event on the 3rd attempt:), Didn't even know that the srf was adjustable my fault for not looking:dunce:.Had only got to 6th place prior to this and when the AI had left a cone in the middle of the track and i was disqualified for running over it, that was the final straw lol
Still onwards and upwards
Once again thanks for the advice
All the best to you and yours
ninja

Thanks mate
Have used your advice and have now got gold on the event on the 3rd attempt:), Didn't even know that the srf was adjustable my fault for not looking:dunce:.Had only got to 6th place prior to this and when the AI had left a cone in the middle of the track and i was disqualified for running over it, that was the final straw lol
Still onwards and upwards
Once again thanks for the advice
All the best to you and yours
ninja
Glad to hear it! Just don't forget to turn SRF back off when you start this combo. :D

And that part about hitting a stray cone and being disqualified is crazy!! That would've been the last straw for me too!

In addition to this you want to make sure you are shifting before it hits the rev limiter.

Thanks also
But I am still using automtic gears which i think was making it a little harder anyway, but its the way I've always done Gran Turismo and its very hard to change
Thanks again
ninja

FYI for those that don't know: The results are posted on the leaderboards immediately after the deadline now, i.e. Week 7 went up 12 minutes ago.

Edit: And Vaxen posted the results thread the same time that I wrote this. So another FYI: in general it's more fun to wait 10 minutes for the colorful and statistical results. :)

Beat my overall time by .200 but classed It as dirty as I exited the last turn & hit the run off on the right 20m before the line. The kurb Is solid then has like a row of bricks (brick soil brick soil & so) my 2 tyres run on that bit so I voided It.
Seen late 300's In T1 & late 200's In T2 hopefully I'll pull It all together tomorrow before Lefty nails It

The missus coaxed me to run this and it's pretty sweet 👍

T1: 42.153
T2: 25.122

I will defo go back in the next day or so as there's still a good bit of time up for grabs! some wicked splits posted so soon guys :cheers:

Hey, georgetheracer is here! He's catching a quick nap before work. Well, he's trying to! :)
Looking at the leaderboard, my goal is to catch D3. {Ash so fast! 👍} I think I can allocate eight hours on Wednesday, two each on Thursday and Friday, and four on Saturday. That gives me sixteen hours of driving, starting from a best T1 of 42.2xx and t2 of 1'07.8xx. I have some work to do! :cool:
I'm going to brew some coffee, wait for George to wake up, and squeeze some extra driving in. I'll sleep when I'm dead. :sly:

Racing On!

Last edited:
I have noticed that i have been promoted to div 2 but I'm not sure what sub division i am now in .How do i find out my sub division so i can make my signature correct ? I just put in bronze because it is the lowest. Any help would be great.

Dusted down my wheel for this.Nice little drive 👍
The missus coaxed me to run this and it's pretty sweet 👍

:cheers:
Nice to see you two here. :cheers:
I think I can allocate eight hours on Wednesday, two each on Thursday and Friday, and four on Saturday. I'll sleep when I'm dead. :sly:

Racing On!
Please leave those 4 hours on Saturday to the daytime hours.
I want you to sleep for at least 4 hours before we show up on Sunday. :sly:
I have noticed that i have been promoted to div 2 but I'm not sure what sub division i am now in .How do i find out my sub division so i can make my signature correct ? I just put in bronze because it is the lowest. Any help would be great.

+ GTP_Plattsy_77 (Cyber_stig_77) D3 Gold -> D2 Bronze
Watch the following thread.
New Drivers and Promotions.

First splits for me after an hour session.

I'm having fun thinking I'm going to be on the TG leaderboard. ;)

New Splits

Slightly slower in the first sector, think I can see a 41 there but second sector is pretty good, more time in it though as I have run a faster overall time but considered it dirty.

I actually think there is more time in T2 also, seem to have found a good line through there.

Back