GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 8 : Star in a Reasonably Priced Car

• Thread starter EDK
  • 534 comments
I seem to be getting the hang of this one:

T1: 42.555
T2: 25.342

I can still see up to 0.5 so hopefully I get another go at this one before the week's out 👍

I feel a better lap coming. Just not tonight.
Pretty happy with ABS 3, and 2/8 F/R brakes.

Getting red flagged for nothing,iritating....:yuck:

It's nice too see some old wrs names to comeback at this one! :cheers:

Last edited:
Best splits with wheel:

Best splits with DS3:

Seen a few 41.9's and 01.07.1's

T1: 42.578
T2: 25.452

Very clean lap. Probably too clean though. 20 laps without hitting a cone. And about 5 laps testing where the limit is in the entry to Hammerhead. :sly:

This is sweet! Last week was way to hard for me. these are the best splits I could come up with using DS3 control

I'm going to have to plug in the wheel and see if I can do any better, either way I'll be playing this one lots!

41.6? Madness.

Had a good run in T1 (at about a 42 flat) but borked it at Chicago.

I must check the track again. There must be somewhere in sector one a short cut.^^

:D

I noticed you can put more than half your car inside the exit of chicago which shortens the turn considerably.

Is that aloud though? I know as long as two tires are in contact with the track at all times it's considered clean, but it defeats the object of the chicago turn, if it's acceptable then thats how getting into the 41s is made a whole lot easier.

Cutting back on the exit I noticed also allows for smoother exit, tires don't seem to scrub.

I noticed you can put more than half your car inside the exit of chicago which shortens the turn considerably.

Is that aloud though? I know as long as two tires are in contact with the track at all times it's considered clean, but it defeats the object of the chicago turn, if it's acceptable then thats how getting into the 41s is made a whole lot easier.
Yep that's the key to 41.6.....cut that 2nd turn as much as you can.That will get you more exit speed and no wheel spin on front tyres.reading at the rules that should be clean!👍

Yep that's the key to 41.6.....cut that 2nd turn as much as you can.That will get you more exit speed and no wheel spin on front tyres.reading at the rules that should be clean!👍

Thought thats how it had to be done, but like I said a strange ruling if your allowed to do that as you can cut way to much of that turn imo, if it,s legal i'm not one to complain :sly:

I have just had another go and have some better splits.:)

T1: 42.282
T2: 25.109

I am nearing my limit now I think, but I'll be having at least one more try at this combo before the deadline.

Thanks. :)

ok, with cutting this corner i did easily a 41.8xx...
But i´m not sure if that will be allowed.

Zoky, any preferences for brake balance?

@ Rudi

Thats what I thought, no point in that turn if you are allowed to cut it that much, need EDK to put a ruling for this turn really

The normal longer way. I will stay by it till a Admin will clarify the situation. :)

For the start of the lap i use the second gear. To finnish the lap, i´m still not sure what is better.

Just tested some laps without ABS.
42,0xx / 1.07,1xx best splits. BB = 1/0

For the start of the lap i use the second gear. To finnish the lap, i´m still not sure what is better.

Just tested some laps without ABS.
42,0xx / 1.07,1xx best splits. BB = 1/0

Sounds interesting without the use of ABS, thats how I am used to driving as I never used ABS on other racing games. That was when I used to use a pad though on the xbox. I think I would struggle to use no ABS with the DFGT as there is no resistance for the brake pedal, may have to find something for the brake pedal so I can give it a go and try it out.

Ooh, now there's an idea. No ABS, on a car like this, may not be a bad idea. I normally leave it at 1 and never touch it. Though I used it in that harder stopping test in the licenses.

For gearing, I'm using all the gear, changing to 3rd at 59, 4th at 80. Hopefully have some time on Monday to finish this combo.

I've noticed that I consistently turn harder on lap one on tighter corners. Could be a placebo but I'm convinced enough to restart every single lap :|

I've noticed that I consistently turn harder on lap one on tighter corners. Could be a placebo but I'm convinced enough to restart every single lap :|

In my opinion looking at your splits, you are doing a great job with the controller. I tried using one when I first got prologue and soon realized the PS3 wasn't built with race sims in mind. The Analogs are way to loose and sensitive and the layout of the controller compared to an Xbox controller is very poor. This is why I bought a wheel straight away, on the Xbox controller you could learn to be smooth, on the PS3 controller very difficult.

As for throttle control on the controller, thats a joke. No resistance at all in the triggers.

Last edited:
Back