GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 83 : Getting a Grip in Tokyo *Tires Updated in OP*

• Thread starter EDK
  • 183 comments
Whatta combo!

First splits, after 2 x 20 lap sessions

Lucky first sector, I may never match that even with a week to go. PB second sector too, but can't figure out where I'm losing time to the top guys.

After finding no pace in the previous TT, this one seems to suit me a little bit more.

Nice combo this one, loving the reverse layout and the car has so much grip.
Altough corner 2 is pretty hard to nail perfectly, still not using the whole track as I should.

First splits for me (25 lap sessione, B/B stock):

First proper session:

T1 38.059
T2 38.549

Need to sort my braking points out for the right hander after the back straight and the left near the end of t2. Hopefully better times to come.
Quite pleased with my first sector feels crazy and out of control on the narrow circuit but great when it links up.
Might play around with the brake balance, currently at 6/4.

First 10 laps, long way to go, dunno which gets to use round half these turns....

T2 needs a bit of working out. Had to lift a fraction in the slight kink which didn't help. I hate the long left and last two turns in T2. Really hard to get right.

Nice combo :D

Edit: Woah Mohit! (Woahhit?) - that is damn fast....

Last edited:
Second session, man this combo is addictive :)

Using BB 3/1, T1 a little bit sloppy

Agh, that came out a bit wrong. Sorry Baron. You're certainly v.fast! You're my benchmark to aim at most weeks, which is all I meant.

Hopefully I'll stick with this one instead of giving up again! Lol
Haha, yeah you should. Nice to see you back mate... and nice start too. 👍

Amazing t2 Chris and welsh don, trying and failing to match it! :(
Thanks JB 👍 I can't match it now either... :P Do a great 1st sector then blow in round the roundabout bit. You got your wheel back now then?

Lucky first sector, I may never match that even with a week to go. PB second sector too, but can't figure out where I'm losing time to the top guys.
Lucky...? Blistering, Mohit. 👍 Where have you found all this extra pace from recently anyway...? :mischievous: And given that, I wouldn't quibble over the solitary tenth you're 'losing' in sector 2. :sly:

Found my 2 tenths anyway, and another tenth I didn't know was there.. but dropped one of them going round the roundabout in sector 2.

OK last sector... not my best but not far off. Lost just over a tenth from my best 2nd sector but best 1st sector by nearly a tenth. Chasing a possible 0.15 then.... :crazy:

The back of this track is nowhere near as hard in reverse! :D

I know, just goofing around. You are also who I'm trying to stomp into the dirt most weeks. :)

Thanks JB I can't match it now either... Do a great 1st sector then blow in round the roundabout bit. You got your wheel back now then?

Yes brand new from logitech, very good service actually! I stay in 4th gear for most of the round bit. This is a good combo, I love gt500 cars anyway

great splits everyone, I wont be having another go until tomorrow.

some very early splits, just jumped out of the Miata from last week need a little more time too adjust.

Second run and some improvements after to seeing the blistering times up there.

Left a bit if time in the first and last turns, so I'll plug away at it :)

Woah Mohit! (Woahhit?) - that is damn fast....

As always, thanks Matt :).

Lucky...? Blistering, Mohit. 👍 Where have you found all this extra pace from recently anyway...? :mischievous: And given that, I wouldn't quibble over the solitary tenth you're 'losing' in sector 2. :sly:

I don't know where I've found the pace, but I'm hoping I keep it. This is one of those combos though, where a tenth is a relatively significant chunk of time (like the F1 combo, look how close that was :scared:), hence the "quibbling" :lol:.

Nice splits though Chris, amazing T1, and you too Welsh-Bain 👍.

Not going to get much more time, heding away for the week. May get a last ditch effort on sunday night. Here is an improvement. 1 sec on the line!

I don't remember ever seeing that post before? Pretty cool. I hope I'm still in the lead :P

I'll see if I can find the original spreadsheet and add the later events where we competed together. I imagine you're still ahead of me...

Last edited:
First go at the combo.

Has anyone adjusted BB yet? I've kept it at 5/5 as I didn't think changing the balance would really change much.

Has anyone adjusted BB yet? I've kept it at 5/5 as I didn't think changing the balance would really change much.

Yeah, I changed the balance to 3/1, feels better for me. Tried also 7/4 which seems to work quite well, but sometimes the brakes are too strong on this car.

Improved splits for me:

Hard to feel any difference with BB changes on R3 tyres. The car is pretty well balanced in all conditions so it depends how much trail braking you do. Keep knocking the rear brake setting up until it breaks away on turn in, then back it down one.

I don't know where I've found the pace, but I'm hoping I keep it. This is one of those combos though, where a tenth is a relatively significant chunk of time (like the F1 combo, look how close that was :scared:), hence the "quibbling" :lol:.

Nice splits though Chris, amazing T1, and you too Welsh-Bain 👍.
Thanks Mohit :) - I do love the 1st sector of this track for some reason, just like in the Stingray race car. Great pace you've got now though... come a long way in your WRS career eh? 👍 And yeah, a tenth can be a big gap on this combo I suppose so quibble away. :sly: Good luck. :cheers:

Second run and some improvements after to seeing the blistering times up there.
Nice improvement there matey. 👍 Good luck with the week, should be a good challenge.

My turn:

Lost about half a tenth in sector 2 compared to my best but crazy 1st sector half a tenth up on my best... Similar run to the line but I think I may be losing a bit getting on the throttle at the last corner. Still, well happy with that 1st sector time :D Not sure I'll be able to match that so might be an early finish for me this week.

I've been out of these events for a little while now (about 2months i believe, stupid life getting in the way lol) but i like the sound of this one so i think I'm gonna get back into the swing of things this week :)

Had another run, managed to get a bit quicker:

T1 37.873
T2 38.570

Was two tenths up on this on the next lap, but the surprise caused me to brake much to early for the last corner and drive into the barrier.
Looks quite tough to get to the last sector in under 1min16.

Back