GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 83 : Getting a Grip in Tokyo *Tires Updated in OP*

• Thread starter EDK
  • 183 comments
A few laps in this, the car is very grippy and I feel I need to trust I wont put it into the wall. Here are my first stints I still have a bit to improve

Last edited:
Great pace you've got now though... come a long way in your WRS career eh?

My turn:

Come a long way, but still a long way to go.

But 'Dat T1 :boggled:👍.

My own:

Unfortunately it looks better than it is. Made a mess in T3, and just managed to klingon in front of my ghost.

Might just submit with these, but then again might go chasing that tenth in T1.

Last edited:
Come a long way, but still a long way to go.

But 'Dat T1 :boggled:👍.

My own:

Unfortunately it looks better than it is. Made a mess in T3, and just managed to klingon in front of my ghost.

Klingon in front of your ghost? :lol:

I can tell its been far too long, i kept getting brilliant sectors...but couldn't finish the lap... so i've only managed a few clean laps tonight and now my concentration is going, so my best splits so far:

T1: 39.639
T2: 40.626

I know i can get at LEAST half a second off on T1, and about the same on T2, i just need to make sure they are all on a clean lap lol. Not bad for 30mins practice though...

EDIT: Had another quick go, slight improvement on T1 (I messed up about half of that sector...) but a decent improvement on T2

T1: 39.595
T2: 39.976

Last edited:
Holy Mohit!

Starting to find my mojo again now with this one. Watched a 16.40x go begging in the last corner which would have put me back in the ballpark of Baron and Matt, but Mohit buddy, you're long gone :bowdown:...

Sorry but I'm having trouble believing that sector 2 time Mohit. Sure you haven't got SRF on? I know you've got quicker... but 0.2 better than my best 2nd sector so far? You don't even seem surprised or pleased about that fact either.

Holy Mohit!

Starting to find my mojo again now with this one. Watched a 16.40x go begging in the last corner which would have put me back in the ballpark of Baron and Matt, but Mohit buddy, you're long gone :bowdown:...

Thanks 👍. You really have to forget about grip limits, as the R3 tires possess seemingly infinite grip. Brake well into corner turn ins, and get on the gas before the corner apexes.

Sorry but I'm having trouble believing that sector 2 time Mohit. Sure you haven't got SRF on? I know you've got quicker... but 0.2 better than my best 2nd sector so far? You don't even seem surprised or pleased about that fact either.

I'm sure. Haven't turned SRF on in almost two years. I'll still check when I get on, but since it always defaults to the last used setting....

Not overly happy, because though I managed PB's in T2 and 3, I'm off by more than a tenth in T1 to my PB, and 2 tenths off you.

And if I'm cheating, I'm sure Kevin and Co. will figure it out (like in the case of Fobia).

Did I miss something with Fobia?

Looks like i better make some time for this.

Improved by 0.3 at the line, but I'm still 0.2 off my PB in T3 so still more to find. So many places to mess up and drop tenths though. Turn 2 will be the death of me...

:cheers:

Ran some more laps after this last night. Saw a 37.77x in T1 and also ran a 38.3 in T2 so in theory I still have 0.4 to find :indiff:

Last edited:
Improved by over half a second but still need to tie these sectors together more efficiently.

Had another quick run, getting consistent in the 1st sector - i think nailing the braking for the first turn is helping me get quicker and the turn-in point for turn 2 is tricky to get but saves a lot of time if I can keep my average speed up.

T1 37.721
T2 38.652

My second sector is poor though, I think Im losing most on the right hander after the back straight - is it worth changing down to 3rd or should I keep it in 4th?
Cheers

Laps are getting into that 'will take 30 minutes to verify cleanliness' phase. The sections I worry about are the early ones with the raised kerbs. 2nd half of the lap rewards you with "BANG" but those early kerbs are cheeky little beggars.

A reasonable lap all told, I feel like I should be doing better. Had poor drive out of the 'ubend' which is a turn I detest the most. Finally jumped the kerb at the end of T2 correctly though. Can lose a lot there if you come at it too narrow, which is easy to do as the turn before it is one of the trickiest.

Lost half a tenth at the end of T2 but gained a little bit of that on the last turn. Within inches of the kerbs on the turn 2 right hander where the track narrows :nervous:

Last edited:
Argh! I'm getting clobbered. Stinking work, 12.5 hrs yesterday and at least 14 by the time I'm done today.

Don't they realize that the leaderboard is making me look foolish?

Nice job all, hopefully I will get some laps soon.

What a pleasure to do this with a new wheel, and forget that "flickering" brake :dunce:

Made a small session last night just to remember the walls :banghead: and today session gave me:

But T3 is :indiff:

Also saw a 38.08x on T2 so there is still room to improve 👍

Great combo.

millross
Laps are getting into that 'will take 30 minutes to verify cleanliness' phase. The sections I worry about are the early ones with the raised kerbs. 2nd half of the lap rewards you with "BANG" but those early kerbs are cheeky little beggars.

I know what you mean! I would have managed to knock a whopping 6 tenths off my time a moment ago and then realised I touched a barrier!

It's a small comfort knowing I can hit that time though. Lots of fun this week.

Carlos Fandango
It's like the old gang is back together. Racing on :cheers:

Good fun with good peeps, just like it should be.

Finally found time for my second session.

Messed up pretty much every corner in t2, my best is 35x. Also, there is another tenth in t1.

Nice Baron - only managed 10 minutes last night due to various RL dramas, but have now ducked under .3 in T2 so need to work on my T1 which is clearly holding back my potential here. Suspect I know where the problem is, just need to convince my hands and feet now...

Great combo.
Hey Joao, nice start mate. 👍 Yeah nailing that last corner after a good T2 is a stress test eh?

I think I'm at my limit:

Ok run to the line - I think I've done a last sector that's about half a tenth or so quicker but can't remember now. Best 1st sector was a 37.225 but that was magic and I've little chance of repeating it. This was my best 2nd sector so far though by half a tenth... and this is probably it for me.

Nice battle in D2 there guys. 👍

Quick session, made 6hundredths at the line - but still about 2 tenths for me left on track.

T1 37.867
T2 38.565

Saw a 38.3x in sector 2 and a 37.6x in sector 1 but can't seem to string them together. Hopefully by Monday it will happen.

Nice going Chris, usual suspect, I got mega stressed yesterday trying to beat my time. Gonna leave it be for today! What happened last night Chris you didn't show?

What a pleasure to do this with a new wheel, and forget that "flickering" brake

Same here mate its like a breath of fresh air :)

Last edited:
Nice going Chris, usual suspect, I got mega stressed yesterday trying to beat my time. Gonna leave it be for today! What happened last night Chris you didn't show?
Thanks mate :cheers: Last night... ahh crap, I completely forgot it was Wednesday! :ouch: Tim's gonna kill me. :nervous:

Got a nice clean and fast lap in, .008 from my target time this week for me :)

New Splits:

Now using ABS 5 instead of 1, BB still 3/1

Last edited:
Back