GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 94 : Nordschleife Concealed

• Thread starter EDK
  • 239 comments
25 more laps and still not one clean one, lol. This is more like survival of the fittest trying to stay on the track rather than just a hotlap, lol. Got some pretty spectacular saves tho for the highlight reel, lol. Its going to be an acheivement to just get a clean lap let alone a fast one, lol. Ah well, back at it.

EDIT: Just wondering if the chassis reinforcement helps on this car. I'm not using it myself. I drove this car on various other tracks and it handled just fine. Its not really that bad on this track either, but if that chassis reinforcement will help, I'll add it.

Last edited:
I dont think it worth installing the chassis reinforcement, i assume it would make the car understeer, and the oversteer on braking can be fixed with the brake bias. It feel well balanced id say. May be praiano would have a better idea if it can help though. :)

finished the break-in, but im exhausted i couldnt focus enought, will continue later in the week. :)

I dont think it worth installing the chassis reinforcement, i assume it would make the car understeer, and the oversteer on braking can be fixed with the brake bias. It feel well balanced id say. May be praiano would have a better idea if it can help though. :)

finished the break-in, but im exhausted i couldnt focus enought, will continue later in the week. :)

Alright, thanks Mike, will continue on without it.

No splits yet, but the car is pretty nice to drive, set my BB to 7/5, might go 8/5 or 7/4.
I would not recommend the chassis reinforcement, unless you can get another car.(I haven't checked)

Probably won't have splits till at least Thursday, maybe Saturday if work continues to fight me. :scared:

No splits yet, but the car is pretty nice to drive, set my BB to 7/5, might go 8/5 or 7/4.
I would not recommend the chassis reinforcement, unless you can get another car.(I haven't checked)

Probably won't have splits till at least Thursday, maybe Saturday if work continues to fight me. :scared:

You can buy them in the new car dealership. 👍

I wouldn't recommend chassis reinforcement since it's only going to add more understeer to the car.

Just ran this for 2 or 3 hours straight, without a complete lap. I guess there isn't much point in a "banker lap" for this TT, so I'm going all out every time.

Loosened the car up and went with a B/B of 4/6 for this one. But that was way too loose so I am back to 6/4 and sliding off the track again! LOL. I have been up 3 seconds on this lap going into T8 a couple of times. There is more out there!

Al

This car is too unstable for my liking. It seems the transmission is not geared right for this track. BB may be the key to success. I have no clue! May have to bow out.

This car is too unstable for my liking. It seems the transmission is not geared right for this track. BB may be the key to success. I have no clue! May have to bow out.

Oh no you don't. I have run over 75 laps now with no clean lap yet and there is no way I'm giving up so you can stick in here right along with me.:) I'll be damned if I'm going to let this combo beat me. You can do it too. Just relax and start slow and gradually pick up your speed. I know the laps are long, so just do like 4 at a time and take a break for a few and try again. There is no way I'm going to come out with a win on this one but just coming out with a decent clean lap will be an accomplishment.

Remember: WWMD (What Would Mitch Do) Mitch would NGU (Never Give Up)

Mitch. I think PD has given us an Albatross. I'm not giving up, just yet, but might not submit anything. I have driven better cars on this track.

Mitch. I think PD has given us an Albatross. I'm not giving up, just yet, but might not submit anything. I have driven better cars on this track.

Ok, keep at it my friend. I know you can do it. I'm pulling for you. Gotta get some sleep now. Goodnight.

Just ran this for 2 or 3 hours straight, without a complete lap. I guess there isn't much point in a "banker lap" for this TT, so I'm going all out every time.

Actually, on this track you should be doing the complete opposite. Start off with pushing around 80%. Get comfortable with the car and track. When you slow down a little to "admire the scenery", you begin to understand the undulations, the bumps that can upset your car, and how corners flow into each other.

There's many different ways to do this, and I leave those methods up to you guys. But I can guarantee that if anybody is having trouble putting down a clean lap, SLOW DOWN. Start getting clean laps, build your confidence and knowledge of the track. The times will fall. I guarantee it. If you aren't getting at least 2-3 clean laps every hour, you're still going too fast.

EDIT: I'm also looking at Al and Mitch here. I'm reading stuff like 4 hours for a clean lap, or 75 laps and not a single clean one. IMO, that's a huge waste of time. If you guys will try the above paragraph out, you will see improvement.

Last edited:
Actually, on this track you should be doing the complete opposite. Start off with pushing around 80%. Get comfortable with the car and track. When you slow down a little to "admire the scenery", you begin to understand the undulations, the bumps that can upset your car, and how corners flow into each other.

There's many different ways to do this, and I leave those methods up to you guys. But I can guarantee that if anybody is having trouble putting down a clean lap, SLOW DOWN. Start getting clean laps, build your confidence and knowledge of the track. The times will fall. I guarantee it.

EDIT: I'm also looking at Al and Mitch here. I'm reading stuff like 4 hours for a clean lap, or 75 laps and not a single clean one. IMO, that's a huge waste of time. If you guys will try the above paragraph out, you will see improvement.

👍

Not quite broken in, but close enough that another lap will get it over that mark.

A few laps with chassis reinforcement, and quite honestly I didn't feel the difference with or without it. It didn't add understeer that wasn't already there, the car did feel a lot stable in the twisty parts of sector 1 but a lot quick to react over some of the bumps, not sure if this is the car or the reinforcement

Still need to tidy up some of the sectors

Try to take your time, dont think about setting a record, its difficult though lol just had a try at it to break-in the car, i found myself to be nervous where i normaly dont, holding the wheel tighter than usual, and its just the first day with the car not fully broken-in yet :D haha

Thats my biggest problem i noticed when running a WRS event, working on that :)

Managed to calm down a bit, did about 5 clean laps so far, some sector are already close to limit except when the car will be fully broken-in (may be 2-3 hp more...), been cautious on the second half of the track and missed some brake point/apex, still a lot of work to do, and Wes already have a quick pace 👍

Goodluck all!

splits
I think the nerves will always stay, at least it does in my case. It's going to be a nice battle.👍

T1: 44.440
T2: 34.002
T3: 28.287
T4: 50.157
T5: 38.020
T6: 26.533
T7: 48.893
T8: 34.222
T9: 28.901

I think the nerves will always stay, at least it does in my case. It's going to be a nice battle.👍

T1: 44.440
T2: 34.002
T3: 28.287
T4: 50.157
T5: 38.020
T6: 26.533
T7: 48.893
T8: 34.222
T9: 28.901

Yeah thats part of the challenge i assume, good to see im not the only one.:D

Sweet splits here Wes:tup: Look like i will have to work really hard :scared:

This is starting to frustrate me... :mad:

I always seem to mess up at some point on the lap. I've managed only 3 clean laps so far, two of them in my first session. I didn't manage any clean laps in my second session, and now I'm in my third session - and my only clean lap so far is slower.

Oddly enough, I seem to mess up the most in the second sector (where I'm sixteenth out of eighteen!).

Getting more consistent clean laps now, still a few seconds from where I want to be, I think i'll try the car without chassis reinforcement and see if I can go faster

Alright, seems I was wrong on my first assessment of the problem with my PS3 because now it won't read the disc at at. Tried absolutely everything and nothing. Pretty sure its the blu-ray laser/reader thats gone. All of my endless hours I've put on it practicing has finally caught up to it. Don't know when I can get it fixed so this pretty much ends it here for me. Anyway, its been a fun ride, be back when I can. Peace and good luck to all on your continued successes and always remember,

WWMD, Mitch would NGU.

3rd completed lap (2nd had faster splits, but I stopped for a donut at the castle; mmm, circle work....)

Good luck, Mitch - DGU!

Alright, seems I was wrong on my first assessment of the problem with my PS3 because now it won't read the disc at at. Tried absolutely everything and nothing. Pretty sure its the blu-ray laser/reader thats gone. All of my endless hours I've put on it practicing has finally caught up to it. Don't know when I can get it fixed so this pretty much ends it here for me. Anyway, its been a fun ride, be back when I can. Peace and good luck to all on your continued successes and always remember,

WWMD, Mitch would NGU.

Did you try other discs it might be the disc that has the problem

WWMD, Mitch would NGU.
Mitch, I replaced the laser on a Xbox 360 and it wasn't too hard to do. Amazon carries a replacement laser for the PS3. There are tutorials on the internet on how to replace the laser on the PS3. Good luck my friend, hope to see you back soon!

Did you have to pick the Nordschleife the same week that ISI released the Skip Barber car for rFactor2? :)

Ah who am I kidding, like I'd stand a chance against the ring masters anyway... Wes, Mike and Manuelos must have a few thousand laps between them on the Ring lap time board. :D

Did you have to pick the Nordschleife the same week that ISI released the Skip Barber car for rFactor2? :)

Ah who am I kidding, like I'd stand a chance against the ring masters anyway... Wes, Mike and Manuelos must have a few thousand laps between them on the Ring lap time board. :D
Could be but my part in that is rather small with 4 laps.:lol:

Did you try other discs it might be the disc that has the problem

Yep, tried that. I tried re-installing firmware, tried re-formatting, everything. Its the laser, I'm 100% sure of it.

EDIT: Well, you know me, never give up, lol. After re-formatting and baisically starting from scratch, I took my PS3 completely apart, all the way down to the motherboard. That paste that usually fails looked to be in good shape so I just went and cleaned everything inside that was cleanable with alcohol. There was quite a bit of buildup of tar (cigarettes and other things, lol) inside. I also noticed that the two small bars that the laser slides on were pretty gummed up and not letting it slide to read the game freely which might explain why my game was freezing in spots. Cleaned the lens's again also. Loaded the game about 8 times with no apparent problems so now I'm downloading the many updates again which will take awhile. So, hopefully after I get everything back on my machine (my 3 accounts) it will continue working.

Don't mean to be off topic here, just wanted to update you guys. I thought it was weird because sometimes it just wouldn't load the game, and sometimes it would. Then when it would load, I could play but then it would start freezing or just load the menu's slow, even when I was disconnected from the internet. Also, sometimes when it did't load, if I tapped on the case, the next time it would load. It is very well ventalated so its not overheating. Its weird because any other time I had this problem, a simple lens cleaning would fix it. I'm just stumped this time, I just pray it stays working this time. Just got to wait for all these damn updates to install now. Sorry for the long off-topic post, just wanted to update you guys. I'll be back hopefully tomorrow. Peace.

Last edited:

Probably going to submit this one. First half of the track was close to perfection (for me :sly:), second half was a bit sloppy at some places but overall quite happy with the lap.

Back