GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 97 : The RUF Cup

• Thread starter EDK
  • 193 comments
Another session and my top 10 laps are within .250 :(. But I am off my hypothetical best by .4. keep blowing T4 :banghead:

Edit: Man, I don't have one top sector in D2. Makes me nervous :scared:

Last edited:

Quite an improvement for me, although I messed up T4 and ended up with only 0.3s less at the line. :indiff:

No Dan, its Jaguar Racing Green Metallic (one of my favourites) with Carnival Metallic wheels - both Jaguar metallic paints. I'll send you a few chips of the green if you want some mate. :)

Thanks for the offer Chris, but I'm good paint-wise.

I'm struggling at a lot of places still, but I could use some pointers in particular for that first right hand turn of sector 2, just before the stretch leading to the hairpin. I'm guessing you need a late apex and to avoid the inside curb? Or do you hug the curb? (I'm asking everyone, not just Chris :)).

Looks like its gonna be close Frank. Hope to give it one more shot (if i can find some time), I know I have a couple of tenths left in me, but its not going to be easy;)

Well that is the same here, can improve a bit more but everything has to be spot on.... Gonna rest a little now, and maybe try later tonight....

Very entertainning and fun combo 👍

T1: 37.358
T2: 27.788
T3: 29.471
Shortshifting, why didn't I notice this earlier!!!!

Nice Wes 👍

I managed a lap .3 faster at the line yesterday, only to find that I had 3 wheels off in the final chicane. :dunce:

Great splits transamguy, Baron & Christina!

I may have to throw the towel in :( I have a lap that I *could* submit, but it's within 1cm of being dirty at the chicane after a lengthy review and frankly I don't think it's worth it. I will have one more session to try and put a decent overall lap together a bit later.

The harder I try, the worse I get - particularly sector 1. As soon as I have a ghost there in the 5s - game over - I can never keep up through trying too hard....

T1: 37.358
T2: 27.788
T3: 29.471
Shortshifting, why didn't I notice this earlier!!!!
Nice one Wes. 👍 I did wonder when that might happen...

Gotta keep pushing:

Playing with hundredths at the mo and apparently there's still 0.3 out there now... :crazy:

WOW! I am seeing some pretty crazy times up on the leaderboard of late. I guess I will give this one more try tonight.

Al

Getting frustrated. I can beat my ghost in every sector, but always end up losing it at some point.

I'll try again later. Had a best of .113 at the end of t3 and blew it at the next corner. Still .3 to find.

I'm struggling at a lot of places still, but I could use some pointers in particular for that first right hand turn of sector 2, just before the stretch leading to the hairpin. I'm guessing you need a late apex and to avoid the inside curb? Or do you hug the curb? (I'm asking everyone, not just Chris :)).
Its tempting to use a wide entry here because of the flat out run to the hairpin, but I feel too much traction is lost out there and I'm coming in from the middle of the track, keeping tight to the inside and getting on the gas early as I can, using all the curb on the exit. Don't use the inside curb though, it'll just throw the car off line.

I'm finding some good pace out there today but still not sewing the magic lap together.

Horrible horrible 4th sector for a pitiful 1 hundredth at the line. Errrm... Racing On!!

Last edited:
Awesome determination Chris! 👍
Thanks Mike. :cheers: I'm too far in to quit now... :crazy: But still having to contend with this sort of thing:
nrburgringgpf2u.jpg
I haven't got the perfect pause moment but I strongly suspect that the frame or 2 after this one, its 3 wheels off. :ouch: Too close for comfort anyway and I wouldn't like to be the one checking it, so back to these splits:

Shame that. I lost the plot totally in that last sector and the rest of the lap is about as good as I can get it. Gotta love WRS. :sly:

Very upset with my T2 on this one as it's my most consistent sector, But I cleaned up T4 and had my PB T3. still chasing that .3 but I am out of time and don't see Having a decent session tomorrow.

Thanks for the tip, Chris 👍

Also, in that picture you posted, is it possible that both rear wheels would still be on the curb while your front right is (possibly) off track? But you probably already thought about checking this.

Slightly slower splits, but better T4, 0.15s at the line.

T1: 37.450
T2: 27.702
T3: 29.435
I have no idea how to get a .4 in T2 or a .5 even...

One of the first cars I bought when I got this game was a Ruf. I couldn't drive it then, and I can't drive it now!:banghead:

I didn't get as much time this week as I wanted but I did get some time tonight to improve a little bit.

Took another shot at this tonight, fun combo.:)
Thanks for posting your tune Chris, car was a lot better to drive with it.👍
Wont be able to run this one anymore before the dead line, so submitting with these splits.

Back