GTP_WRS-Online Event 19 : Take Me To Your Weider - June 4, 2014

• Thread starter hasslemoff
  • 88 comments
Probably burned a bridge there...we were contacted by him when he was setting up his Bathurst race and we didn't have time or desire to help.
Personally I'm not a fan of practice mode races with no replays.

Gonna miss tomorrow...of all stupid :censored:Ing things to watch the :censored:Ing Belmont Stakes...horses...we own two of the bloody things...and I have to miss my favorite car of all time to watch what I can watch out of my treehouse window...horses running..,with or without breath rite strips. YGBSM. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Unfortunatly i cant make it. Good luck and have an awesome race!

New room: 1472-6399-8665-9411-8286

My fault sorry

If all confirmed drivers show we will have more than 16 and will split into a 2nd room. We'll make that decision in about 10min.

Currently 11 in the room.

Good Race everyone, hope you all finished where you were hoping to. I meanwhile had an extremely poor race. I firstly had a very rough tune that made the car understeer a lot. The Hsv is a good car but I never got a feel for the car during the race and my lap times were very poor. I am usually good at driving around Silverstone in different cars but in this one it was just bad.:embarrassed: Couple that with the fact that I had poor driving lines, out-braked myself numerous times and ran out of fuel due to a bad calculation. I ended up stone dead last. I was very disappointed near the end when my lap times were around the 1:59 mark and at the start of the race they were around 2:02. :banghead: I have to seriously rethink my strategies and driving lines during this week. I hope this doesn't continue, or I might have to take a break to learn a bit more. :(

That was one tough race man. On wednesday I had not enough top speed and today my problem was accelerating out of the slow corners wich cost me a lot. For sure on lap 26 when I spun and ended up behind a barrier :banghead:
Before that I had a great race with @Strop and @hasslemoff But happy with my concistency during the race.
@skyline1683 congrats with the victory just before @Friday_GTRP :gtpflag:

That was one tough race man. On wednesday I had not enough top speed and today my problem was accelerating out of the slow corners wich cost me a lot. For sure on lap 26 when I spun and ended up behind a barrier :banghead:
Before that I had a great race with @Strop and @hasslemoff But happy with my concistency during the race.
@skyline1683 congrats with the victory just before @Friday_GTRP :gtpflag:

Consistency was my worst failing of the night, my lap times and driving lines were all over the place. I hope they improve for next week. I'm seriously not that bad at all if I get the chance.

Good Race everyone, hope you all finished where you were hoping to. I meanwhile had an extremely poor race. I firstly had a very rough tune that made the car understeer a lot. The Hsv is a good car but I never got a feel for the car during the race and my lap times were very poor. I am usually good at driving around Silverstone in different cars but in this one it was just bad.:embarrassed: Couple that with the fact that I had poor driving lines, out-braked myself numerous times and ran out of fuel due to a bad calculation. I ended up stone dead last. I was very disappointed near the end when my lap times were around the 1:59 mark and at the start of the race they were around 2:02. :banghead: I have to seriously rethink my strategies and driving lines during this week. I hope this doesn't continue, or I might have to take a break to learn a bit more. :(

Last week we did a practice race on sunday I managed to pull 58 high / 59 low this wednesday I didnt get below the 2:00 because of a wrong mind set. I think sometime you just have to let it slide and concentrate on the next one. Any way keep your head up and get a go at the next combo.

Cheers:cheers:,

Kevin

P.S sorry I didn't make it tonight sometime social activities get in the way I guess

After grabbing a 3rd in the EU on Wednesday and finishing a massive 47 seconds behind @PASM I knew where I had gone wrong and sorted that out with a little extra downforce on the rear and tightened up the LSD slightly.

But I did not expect to be taking a win as @Friday_GTRP was all over the back of me for 27 laps and @Gravitron wasn't far behind him.

It was only some very hard but fair defending and only just putting enough fuel in that got me a 3 second gap and allowed me to short shift and save a little fuel and even then I crossed the line 0.154 ahead after we went in to the final chicane side by side.

Only in the wrs could you race for a hour and finish within 0.154 of each other great racing all hoping next week is just as good.

Good race guys, I went down to the wire and finished with less than half a lap of fuel but enough is enough :-) It was a very tough race and had some good battles. Almost got by Patrick on the last lap when Hasslemoff nudged him but the smoke obscured his car and I ended up running right into him. Hasslemoff was nice enough to wait for me than sat in my trunk while I tried to hold him off till the finish :-)

After grabbing a 3rd in the EU on Wednesday and finishing a massive 47 seconds behind @PASM I knew where I had gone wrong and sorted that out with a little extra downforce on the rear and tightened up the LSD slightly.

But I did not expect to be taking a win as @Friday_GTRP was all over the back of me for 27 laps and @Gravitron wasn't far behind him.

It was only some very hard but fair defending and only just putting enough fuel in that got me a 3 second gap and allowed me to short shift and save a little fuel and even then I crossed the line 0.154 ahead after we went in to the final chicane side by side.

Only in the wrs could you race for a hour and finish within 0.154 of each other great racing all hoping next week is just as good.

Yeah that was another close race between us, i had sweat all over the place, after the pits i was some 3 sec behind.

And where you were managing fuel consumption i was slammin' the gas pedal like a mad man, which caused me some
minor errors.

Nevertheless you didn't crack under pressure. Great job man, looking forward to next time !

And yes only in the WRS you can go side-by-side into the last chicane knowing that the other guy will leave you just that tiny gap wich is the difference between a blast of a race or utter disapointment.

:gtpflag:

eu-png.167062

na-png.167063

gt6-event019-ww.PNG

gt6-event019-merged.PNG

Well-done on the wins (and additional podiums) Bart, Joel, and Steve! :cheers:
Congrats to Danny and Jon on the podiums as well. 👍

First win for Steve!

Great racing; really wanted to race this combo some more. Congrats Steve on your first victory!

Had some really good battles, and this combo was really nice to drive overall. Will take photos of the race (once my PS3 recovers after a 4 hour practice session on the Nurburgring)!

Back