GTP_WRS-Online Event 19 : Take Me To Your Weider - June 4, 2014

• Thread starter hasslemoff
  • 88 comments
EU Race room open - Voice chat disabled

1472-6681-3115-0605-6833

I want to join so bad:gtpflag:. But my girlfriend has asked me to help her practice for her english exam. seems she will be holding me off for another 30 minutes:crazy:

see you as soon as possible:cheers:

will be back. Internet hookup actually upgrading to 8K right now. Will be about 10 minutes. Bad timing but have been trying to get upgraded for over a month. :P

I'd say my tune but a few adjustments need to be made for online lobby's
Used yours with PJs gears as I could not manage to get the numbers right for your xmission settings. When you do the tranny trick does it matter which you set first IE final gear then min speed. Or vice versa. When I do it it always seems that the setup will call for a gear that is NOT WITHIN THE RANGE available . All I want is maggots and Beckets in an appropriate gearing. PS Skyline was more my style. In the EU race i qulalified next to last and finished up two running 202 and 201s. After applying your set up...and with cobbled gearing I'm in the low 59s with more to come. Don't forget to pit tonight. LOL!

Used yours with PJs gears as I could not manage to get the numbers right for your xmission settings. When you do the tranny trick does it matter which you set first IE final gear then min speed. Or vice versa. When I do it it always seems that the setup will call for a gear that is NOT WITHIN THE RANGE available . All I want is maggots and Beckets in an appropriate gearing. PS Skyline was more my style. In the EU race i qulalified next to last and finished up two running 202 and 201s. After applying your set up...and with cobbled gearing I'm in the low 59s with more to come. Don't forget to pit tonight. LOL!

I can't remember how I finally ended up doing my gear box think I may have set the final gear first at 2800 then max speed all I know is it's geared perfect for maggots and becketts and both the straights and I was managing 55.6 to mid 56s with a broken foot so it should be bang on if you can match up the settings

My pace was 1:59 to 1:58s for the EU race...

Immediately after the race, I went for a TT at Silverstone with the exact same car.

My best lap? A 1:56.503.

WTF

My pace was 1:59 to 1:58s for the EU race...

Immediately after the race, I went for a TT at Silverstone with the exact same car.

My best lap? A 1:56.503.

WTF

This week there is a big difference between online and offline. I am at least 2 seconds off of my pace for the TT. This track is much trickier in this car on line, at least for me.

I'm glad that I join NA - went much better than EU race. Might join also WW race...

Strop....please..I need gearing....car is great but I can't get through Becketts and Maggots to save my life....as you may have noticed

@Ayhancan1998 I see you've signed up for this race coming up on Saturday, but first please fill out this one-time form:

Registration Instructions

The following must be performed only one time per driver (not per event):
  • Submit the 3D3 Racing Online Driver Database Entry Form. Your information will need to be verified before you are added to the db and before your ID will appear in the registered driver table above. You can view the official driver database here.

Well my attempt to win my first NA race by doing a zero stopper failed miserably on lap 16 of 27 :-) Next time I miss the pits I swear I'm going to put my car in reverse and back up to the entrance. Oh well good racing before that and had fun chasing Ned at the end. You didn't need to stop for me either, my sojourn onto the grass was entirely my own doing and not in any way due to your actions.

As for gearing you need to go to the TT thread and get the setup from there, that's what we all do. I didn't have too much trouble with the new pedal setup in this race, modulation is really easy with a load cell but getting used to 90lbs force for maximum braking is going to take a while.

Cquote="Strop, post: 9739091, member: 99327"]Well my attempt to win my first NA race by doing a zero stopper failed miserably on lap 16 of 27 :-) Next time I miss the pits I swear I'm going to put my car in reverse and back up to the entrance. Oh well good racing before that and had fun chasing Ned at the end. You didn't need to stop for me either, my sojourn onto the grass was entirely my own doing and not in any way due to your actions.

As for gearing you need to go to the TT thread and get the setup from there, that's what we all do. I didn't have too much trouble with the new pedal setup in this race, modulation is really easy with a load cell but getting used to 90lbs force for maximum braking is going to take a while.[/quote]
The problem is that not all Tunes use the tranny trick and they do not necessarily tell you in what order to do what. I literally got so lost frigging around with various attempts that I ended up running the wrong set up ratios which cost me the maggots Beckett flow. From actual experience from the entrance to exit of the complex should be a constantly changing arc very slowly slowing till the exit where you are accelerating very hardly having not really felt more than you do in a skiing slalom run...but faster :sly:. Its hard to explain but I got to ride in the " co- pilots" seat in a super saloon (gt) car in 1977 through there for a 20 minute testing stint with a very huge fat guy who at that time was the best of the best....his name was Gerry Marshall..and he owed me a favor and this was the pay back. He raced Saloons Nationally in the UK FOREVER...I think he died in 2004 or 5. i managed it (getting it right) twice during testing and it was a sweet right left right at speed...of course I screwed up the rest of the lap but I'm willing to say that it was worth between one and two seconds.

The instructions for gearing do tend to be a bit terse. Generally the way it works is you start by setting the final ratio to the far right or sometimes an initial value is specified. Next put the max speed far left (if it's already there move it a smidge and back to update the ratios). Now you should be able to set the individual gear ratios. Then set the final ratio to the specified value - don't touch the max speed setting or you'll screw everything up.

I've definitely been there where I've been trying to set the ratios and nothing seems to make sense.

The instructions for gearing do tend to be a bit terse. Generally the way it works is you start by setting the final ratio to the far right or sometimes an initial value is specified. Next put the max speed far left (if it's already there move it a smidge and back to update the ratios). Now you should be able to set the individual gear ratios. Then set the final ratio to the specified value - don't touch the max speed setting or you'll screw everything up.

I've definitely been there where I've been trying to set the ratios and nothing seems to make sense.

Ah Ha....thanks ....sorry I missed your message about laping
the other night ...I have two PS3s and dependent on which one is on it goes to that machine...it happened to go to the "treehouse"..( My new TV room with huge windows either side of the telly) where I use it for NETFLIX and never check PSNM.

Also for all....why did WRS not get an invite to the 24 Heures du Mans being run in July
By Player1. Numerous others, including Snail did.

Also has anyone taken in the spec touring car series on Tuesday nights (Pro Tour (Spec) Endurance Racing Series)...I'm looking to replace the now defunct WRS NA training session.

Also for all....why did WRS not get an invite to the 24 Heures du Mans being run in July
By Player1. Numerous others, including Snail did.
Probably burned a bridge there...we were contacted by him when he was setting up his Bathurst race and we didn't have time or desire to help.
Personally I'm not a fan of practice mode races with no replays.

What time is the racing 2morrow?

June 7th, 2014

*NEW* Worldwide Weekend Time Slot
5:00 PM Eastern / 2:00 PM Pacific / 21:00 GMT / 7:00 AM AEST / Check Local

Back