GTP_WRS-Online Event 31 : It Almost Feels Like A Race Car - Aug 27

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 87 comments
Hey Guys, Is there any chance to go online w/o installing the latest update? I just realized that I keep skipped the update cause my HDD is almost full :S

If not way around there is a good chance that I will not able to attend the today's race. It is on 28% - currently.

Damn, I hate thes mandatory update things, even if are extra features...

Hey Guys, Is there any chance to go online w/o installing the latest update? I just realized that I keep skipped the update cause my HDD is almost full :S

If not way around there is a good chance that I will not able to attend the today's race. It is on 28% - currently.

Damn, I hate thes mandatory update things, even if are extra features...
No, you have to do the update or it won't even let you sign into PSN, which means you wouldn't be able to access any online features.

This is why we prefer to have people join practice rooms prior to race day, and join race rooms early, to get these kinds of things out of the way.

Quali is starting in 10min and we usually don't wait for these situations. @Strop had to miss the Spa race because his PS3 somehow lost track of what update he was on.
Unfortunate, but that's how it is.

Alright, understood. At least I learn something with this. I did not have the chance practice this week and only able to get on track today around 20 min prior to start. That is for sure not enough time to update 2GB.. :s

Next time will make sure coming somehow earlier...

Anyway, good luck everyone for the today's race! Have fun! :)

@Strop had to miss the Spa race because his PS3 somehow lost track of what update he was on.
Unfortunate, but that's how it is.

Actually it was because when you clear the game data cache it has to re-download and install every update from 1.01 to 1.11 and that process took about an hour and a half.

P.S. Did I mention that it also deletes all of your saved TT replays too ...

Actually it was because when you clear the game data cache it has to re-download and install every update from 1.01 to 1.11 and that process took about an hour and a half.

What you deleted is not "cache", it's the program install, same as deleting or uninstalling a program off your PC. The digital download versions on PS3 are a bit different than the disc version in that the only things saved in Game Data are replays and additional content downloaded from the PS Store(15th anniversary stuff). I'm not entirely sure where the data is placed for the digital version but I can see the install size from the games icon options, where i couldn't when I had the disc version(that was all in "Game Data").

A secondary method of clearing the system cache is to open the web browser and using the delete cache option from within there, but it is much easier to use the ingame option.

We were asking you to go to Options in GT6 -> Network -> Clear cache. :ouch: It can clear up invisibility issues.

The nice thing about your TT replays is that you would have submitted all of them to Fetchbot and can reinstall them, if you so choose.

Still does not take away the pain of your experience completely, but at least you can go back and get any WRS TT replays that were important to you.

This is so not my week for racing, or anything else for that matter :banghead:
I wont make it to tonight's race. See you guys saturday

Really great EU race yesterday!
Congratulations to the podium! Great Job.
I'm very happy about my 5th place. Sorry for your spinning @Iceman220 !
First time on GTP we had our classic pre WRS race story, @Kjeld Lund ! Fighting nearly the whole race with you a little in front at the end 👍👍 Was great great fun. I didn't expect you back on my tail that early after your spin end of stint 1. Else I'd have started stint 2 faster. Wrong tactic :ouch: but ended with our very funny fight in stint 2 :cheers:

Didn't make it to the NA - I didn't even hear my bell between 3:30-6AM.

Really great EU race yesterday!
Congratulations to the podium! Great Job.
I'm very happy about my 5th place. Sorry for your spinning @Iceman220 !
First time on GTP we had our classic pre WRS race story, @Kjeld Lund ! Fighting nearly the whole race with you a little in front at the end 👍👍 Was great great fun. I didn't expect you back on my tail that early after your spin end of stint 1. Else I'd have started stint 2 faster. Wrong tactic :ouch: but ended with our very funny fight in stint 2 :cheers:

Didn't make it to the NA - I didn't even hear my bell between 3:30-6AM.

It was a great race Stefan i'm not good when i start at pole, but i'm pleased with the first 7 laps where i thing i did pretty good. But lost some focus and godt unstable on the track and made some mistakes. But i learned somthing and That's a good start

It was the most fun and great race i've been in untill today. It was an absolute joy to race with you Stefan . My biggest respect for you'r driving.

Kjeld

It was a great race Stefan i'm not good when i start at pole, but i'm pleased with the first 7 laps where i thing i did pretty good. But lost some focus and godt unstable on the track and made some mistakes. But i learned somthing and That's a good start

It was the most fun and great race i've been in untill today. It was an absolute joy to race with you Stefan . My biggest respect for you'r driving.

Kjeld

Thank you! It was by far my best in-race performance.
Too bad you couldn't hold your quali speed! Dirty tires took long to get their grip back - I felt that too after my nearly spin out where our fight ended. Last lap they got their regular grip back, but a few laps I had to slow down and still drifted a lot more then usual!

Congrats to Matthew and Drew on their respective EU and NA wins! :cheers:

And 👍👍 to Bart for EU 2nd and RacingOtaku86 for NA 3rd.

:bowdown: to Pekka for the combo and the TRIPLE podium!!!

gt6-event031-eu.PNG

gt6-event031-na.PNG

gt6-event031-merged.PNG

I have nothing good to say about my performances so I'll leave it at that. :dopey:
Elise hates me and I hate her right back. :grumpy:

Latest Posts

Back