GTP_WRS-Online Event 85 : Back to School - Sprints - Sept 5 & 9

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 91 comments
Can't make EU Race due to that I'm in school. Sorry will make NA of course though

EU race lobby open in the GTP_WRS club.

Apologies for the late WW results.

Great job on the win, @jammy21, and well done on the podiums @Friday_GTRP & @Crispy74. :cheers:

gt6-event085-ww.PNG

Start in Europe was shambolic...half the grid did not have a clue.....we got started by about turn 400...lol. Great fun..good driving,..pekka decided to harass me in the first race...didn't work...again FUN.

Start in Europe was shambolic...half the grid did not have a clue....

Including me :lol: I shot off, but clicked on the first corner after I looked back and saw Bart was quite a few car lengths back, that's when I slowed up.

It must have been half a lap before I saw everyone group together on the map! What was going on back there? :lol:

Great fun again though, thanks guys :cheers:

Think I'll join in with you guys in the NA race later....later being 3am for me! See you then chaps 👍

Last edited:
It is the overtaking drivers responsibility to execute the pass cleanly....that was feeding time at the zoo. But it was fun in between assaults. :lol:

Im bringing this next time...
image.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry again for messing up the start at the 1st EU race. :ouch: I didn’t check out the thread before, so I was not aware of the changed starting procedure. :guilty:

There I was thinking 'My car's got super-powers, these guys are going to think I'm cheating!' But no, it was a rolling start :indiff:.

Sorry about that, but it was fun while it lasted.

What a brilliant combination of track, car and tyres by the way. I think that the results flattered me somewhat; I like Sierra and love comfort tyres, it was about the optimum regs for me. I'll never do as well in different circumstances.

Hey ho, it was a belting way to start.

Cheers, Zo.

No worries, us stewards should have repeated it in the lobby. Nevertheless, that was good fun. I added commentary while driving to my livestream, so might be worth a look ;)

Hey Grav..why don't you guys post the next combo immediately after we finish the last race of the current one as some of us do not have time to race and TT.

Hey Grav..why don't you guys post the next combo immediately after we finish the last race of the current one as some of us do not have time to race and TT.

Dude, you sound like an ungrateful spoiled teenager (and we all know you are older than five teenagers combined) :D
I'm fascinated by Lucas' work ethics. Week after week he prepares these combo threads with pictures, tables, and schedules. Yes, I know, it's not just him, the whole admin team is great but this guy dedicates insane amounts of time to WRS.

Dude, you sound like an ungrateful spoiled teenager (and we all know you are older than five teenagers combined) :D
I'm fascinated by Lucas' work ethics. Week after week he prepares these combo threads with pictures, tables, and schedules. Yes, I know, it's not just him, the whole admin team is great but this guy dedicates insane amounts of time to WRS.
It's a labor of love, and sometimes I have awful races (like last night), but wake up the next day ready for more. :dopey: Thanks to you and the other stewards, as well as all our regular racers, for keeping this so fun, and worth the time. :cheers:

Congrats @PASM on the EU win, had fun watching your stream/commentary. :cheers: Well done @Crispy74 & @Siggers on the podiums. 👍

Chris then joined us in the middle of the night for NA, and ended up getting his first win! :eek::cheers: Good job on some more podiums for @GTP_Patrick1 & @mcsqueegy. Very close between the 3 of you.

@RacingOtaku86 would have been on the podium or maybe even won if he had given the spot back after knocking someone off track on accident in race 2, but chose to try asking for forgiveness later. :crazy: We realize that the race #2 start procedure was the most hectic of the night, but you still need to wait if you do something like that.

In general, our sprint races are always a bit more rough than we allow for our regular races, and we are a tad more lenient on contact in sprints, but in ANY race if you push someone off, you wait.

WRS85_EU.png

gt6-event085-na.PNG

Had no idea it was going to be that close :crazy: had a fun time of it despite the little adventures along the way! Due to the track length there was quite a pace differential amongst the field, which combined with the narrow track made for some good battles 👍

Had no idea it was going to be that close :crazy: had a fun time of it despite the little adventures along the way! Due to the track length there was quite a pace differential amongst the field, which combined with the narrow track made for some good battles 👍
With you and Patrick tied in points, it went down to the 1st tie-breaker, and then the 2nd tie-breaker. :ill:

Gravitron
The first tie breaker is a driver's best finishing position across all three sprints.
The final tie breaker is finishing order in the first race.

...so 7th vs 8th in the 1st race. :lol:

Luckily the google docs do all this magic for us, otherwise ... results might be even more delayed. :P

Wow, I'm completely surprised and chuffed on taking the NA overall win....by a single point :cheers:

I know the overall win was about consistency with the points haul, but finishing in the exact same positions for the EU and NA was taking it a bit far :lol:

Well done to @PASM for the win and @Siggers for taking the third spot in the EU race, and to @GTP_Patrick1 and @McsQ for the NA podiums.

Really, really enjoyed this combo!!!!

GTP_Crispy74: 2nd - 3rd - 6th --- EU race
GTP_Crispy74: 2nd - 3rd - 6th --- NA race

wow, what a coincidence :drool: or better i say consistency and driving skills :bowdown::cheers:
Congrats all on podiums, especially winners and well done everyone who raced, was a great evening of racing
Special thanks to stewards for providing these races to us every week :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::cheers:

@RacingOtaku86 would have been on the podium or maybe even won if he had given the spot back after knocking someone off track on accident in race 2, but chose to try asking for forgiveness later. :crazy: We realize that the race #2 start procedure was the most hectic of the night, but you still need to wait if you do something like that.

In general, our sprint races are always a bit more rough than we allow for our regular races, and we are a tad more lenient on contact in sprints, but in ANY race if you push someone off, you wait.

Then just DQ me, I don't care.

Latest Posts

Back