GTP_WRS-Online Event 85 : Back to School - Sprints - Sept 5 & 9

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gravitron
  • 91 comments
  • 5,903 views
Hello chaps. Apologies, I thought I'd signed up for this, but I'd not done the 3D3 form. I have now.


Having said that..................
The really big accident in the last race happened half way through the lap so we can't blame the start procedure.

I'm wondering what Nuts has got me in to. I usually race with the GBRC, all very civilised you know.

Cheers, Zo.
 
Hello chaps. Apologies, I thought I'd signed up for this, but I'd not done the 3D3 form. I have now.


Having said that..................


I'm wondering what Nuts has got me in to. I usually race with the GBRC, all very civilised you know.

Cheers, Zo.

Haha, don't worry Zolon, you'll love it!!! :dopey::D:lol:
 
This group is actually the most civilized I ever raced. But 15 cars on comfort tires with reverse grid on this narrow track was pretty challenging.
 
Hello chaps. Apologies, I thought I'd signed up for this, but I'd not done the 3D3 form. I have now.


Having said that..................


I'm wondering what Nuts has got me in to. I usually race with the GBRC, all very civilised you know.

Cheers, Zo.
Just checked, and I see your Driver Info. 👍 Also see @8l23ub's, and will get them taken care of later today.
 
Thanks for the flight lesson, @Nail-27! :cheers:

View attachment 443308
Yes...that was a great moment...wheel to wheel...airborne...and not even a baby bump.
SWEET. I remember when you guys would not have even considered that moment out of your desire for self preservation.
Three airborne Porsches.....nice.
Did I mention that I love this group of racers.....:bowdown:
 
Thanks Gravitron, I'll join up next time I can slip away from the ball and chain.

Cheers, Zo.
 
Got the "chrome horn" fitted to my car now..
 
Sent Tex36 link to JOIN an am walking him through the fetchbot stuff.

Can non members participate in races....I was not sure....
 
Last edited:
Sent Tex36 link to JOIN an am walking him through the fetchbot stuff.

Can non members participate in races....I was not sure....
The more the merrier. He'll need to jump through the hoops before racing, though. Just any best-lap replay from TT mode sent to Fetchy, and then fill out the Driver Info form.
 
after some 500+ km of tries, more tries and retries i finally got a clean lap of around ,9 faster at the line. slight improvement overall, but lost some time in few sectors:

34.783
1'14.217
2'08.233
3'02.133
3'54.500
4'55,217

PS: how long till end of even banzai runs? 1 hour 20 minutes?

Yep 1hr 15mins to deadline.

Wrong thread Mires.

Re-post here mate.

EDIT:tree'd
 
Sorry one more time :bowdown: and thanks, i'll kick myself next time this happens to me again, i promisse :D
 
Great to see new people joining. Welcome guys!

My pleasure Roamer, I'm pleased that there are enough people willing to race on Comforts to make up a reasonable sized grid. I love a car I'm barely able to control :lol:

I have every intention of making it to races with sports tyres too, of course, but Comforts are where my heart is.

Cheers, Zo.
 
@TEX36 I'm getting this error when trying to send a club invite - "We're sorry, but due to the user's status you are unable to send this invitation."

Usually I think this means you have a setting somewhere that doesn't allow receiving invites from accounts that you aren't PSN friends with. I forget if it's in the XMB menu or in GT6 Options.

Let me know when you've changed it and I can try to re-send.
 
Good afternoon, Gentlemen
Nail-27 and Euclid58 have certainly been extolling the grandeur and enjoyment of the WRS ...... for several weeks.
So, thought I would check into the Series and see if I might drive here - without damaging the WRS Reputation.
Not sure how it all begins or where to park before the race - but I'm sure someone will help a Rookie in both Positive and Initiation Ways.
 
@TEX36 I'm getting this error when trying to send a club invite - "We're sorry, but due to the user's status you are unable to send this invitation."

Usually I think this means you have a setting somewhere that doesn't allow receiving invites from accounts that you aren't PSN friends with. I forget if it's in the XMB menu or in GT6 Options.

Let me know when you've changed it and I can try to re-send.

Hmmmm, can't imagine what that setting might be. At my age, most of the computer things are OJT (aka Hunt-n-Peck)
I receive PMs from folks frequently - so am not sure what it might be that is causing the difficulty.

In registering I might have used "TEX-36" when TEX36 is the actual ID. The hyphen has caused me considerable agony at times.
 
@Gravitron
Being a Premium Member there should not be any "status" concerns in that regard.

I just checked the settings on my "site" - and found that there was a check mark in the box where I only accept conversations from "Members Only".
Not sure if that was the problem but I unchecked it - so should be able to receive conversations from everyone(?)

Hope that solved it.
 
@Gravitron
Being a Premium Member there should not be any "status" concerns in that regard.

I just checked the settings on my "site" - and found that there was a check mark in the box where I only accept conversations from "Members Only".
Not sure if that was the problem but I unchecked it - so should be able to receive conversations from everyone(?)

Hope that solved it.
I just found it:

In GT6, go into Community, and then move the cursor to the upper-right of the screen, to the "Public Profile Settings" with the blue cog. In there go down a few blocks to "Messaging with Non-Friends" and make sure that is checked.

This doesn't have any connection to GTPlanet, this is all in-game and over the Playstation Network.
 
I think Tex and Gravitron need to be friends on PSN, and that might help maybe ???
 
I think Tex and Gravitron need to be friends on PSN, and that might help maybe ???
Nope, the club is owned by a generic GTP_WRS PSN account so that a few of us can share admin abilities. Since we never actually login to that account on our PS3's, we might have lots of friend requests that we haven't bothered looking at. It seems easier to have our drivers choose this setting rather than us having to juggle multiple accounts on the PS3.
 
I just found it:

In GT6, go into Community, and then move the cursor to the upper-right of the screen, to the "Public Profile Settings" with the blue cog. In there go down a few blocks to "Messaging with Non-Friends" and make sure that is checked.

This doesn't have any connection to GTPlanet, this is all in-game and over the Playstation Network.

Okay - will take a few minutes. I'm not close to the PS3, and it will need to Start Up.
I checked that area and the box WAS already checked.
No message was indicated as being sent in the Message Tab.
Sorry for the difficulty, Sir.
 
Last edited:
Sent a club invite to TEX-36 (I was only trying TEX36 previously) and it sent successfully.
 
Welcome Jack (AKA Tex). I promise you that you'll enjoy these guys. 👍

Tex is a member of our ES team along with JT . He is a Snail who LOVES longer races.....(when you get to be our respective ages it takes longer to get going :irked:), but does well in short ones too and has a couple of Sunday night Division wins under his belt. My only problem is that because he is older than dirt (me!) he should be slower than me......Not so. Again welcome to sane fast racing headquarters.
 
Thank you, Sir
Received the message and successfully joined the WRS Club Room.
Looking forward to the races.
Good to hear. 👍

So if you're looking to join the races on Wed, just sign up using "TEX-36" as your PSN name, using our per-event sign-up form:

 
Tonight's EU shenanigans will be livestreamed :D



Announcement:

The EU and NA race will have different starting procedures as the WW race and our normal formation lap start. This time we start off slow, moving off the grid gradually, getting into single-file, and the pole sitter decides when to go after turns 2+3, and everyone goes when the person in front of them goes. Target speed is 100 kph / 62 mph.

Have fun everyone! :)
 
Last edited:
Practice room opened in WRS Club lobby for around 2 hours plus/minus :cheers:
 
Back