GTP_WRS-Online Event 90 : Drophead Gorgeous - Oct 11 (Sun WW) & 14

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 64 comments
Richard sure lived up to his PSN name :D

numbnuts.jpg

First bit of connectivety/visibility issues for me tonight.

Chris Dc'd, followed by Jon and a couple of others.

Then Chris re-entered then Dc'd again.

5 were racing at the end, on my screen.

I was showing as 3rd as the countdown started but as it finished I was then 4th behind a blank space that later turned out to be Jon.........weird connection goings on tonight but good racing anyways.

Went off line to check my connection speed and it was the same as I normally get, plus I cleared my cache as usual before the race and had no visibility issues at the start of Quali/Race. :eek::eek::eek:

Richard sure lived up to his PSN name :D

View attachment 461048

Great, now it looks like I was the bad guy when nothing untoward was happening on my screen. :mad::mad::mad:

Bloody PSN. :banghead:

EDIT: Yeah, just checked my replay and it was all ok up to lap 24 when there were 5 dc'd at once, then Crispy dc'd but only on my screen as there were 11 finishers as opposed to mine being 5 finishers.......ahh well. :boggled::boggled::boggled:

Last edited:
A few of pics from the WW.

Scrabbling for position before the 1st chicane.
View attachment 461533

ALL ABOARD.......:gtpflag:View attachment 461535

Full tilt on soggy suspension.
View attachment 461536
I had lots of fun racing with all of you guys, but especially @GTP_Jonjig, @mr_lab_rat and @numbnuts70. We had a great battle for 1st place from start to the end, and I think all 4 of us got to lead at least once in the race. I hope I can show up for the EU race too.

@Gravitron if I'm a reserve driver and I don't show up without notice is it a strike or only if you're confirmed to be there?

I had lots of fun racing with all of you guys, but especially @GTP_Jonjig, @mr_lab_rat and @numbnuts70. We had a great battle for 1st place from start to the end, and I think all 4 of us got to lead at least once in the race. I hope I can show up for the EU race too.

@Gravitron if I'm a reserve driver and I don't show up without notice is it a strike or only if you're confirmed to be there?
Nope, that's fine if you're a reserve and don't show without an explanation. Always better to hear prior to the race if you'll make it or not, but usually that's for the rare times where we have multiple rooms.

I have to skip this - not at home this evening. My brother celebrates his birthday - good luck and have fun guys!!

Going to get some practice in before tonight. Give me 10 mins to create a room in the lobby.

Edit: Closed see you at 19.00 GMT

Last edited:
ufff, dunno what to do, i got an invite to the CZ/SK club race on my Autodrom Most track, but is in exact same time as EU Race. For sure i show up in the NA race slot, but i think i will try the other race, sorry :embarrassed:

EU race lobby open! I'll be livestreaming my first race with a T300RS. A friend of mine borrowed it to me.

Sorry I can't make it, I have lots of homework and tests for tomorrow. (Mainly because Friday is the last day before the first school holidays of the year)

EDIT: What a mess in terms of online connections, I finished my homework and you guys still haven't started. GT6 problems...

Last edited:
I'm looking at the live-stream now and noticed you guys racing on the National layout, not the Stowe :embarrassed:

Sorry had to leave...we could not race Stowe as it was glitched after three retrys. We went to Silverstone National and it was ok.but I was running late and had to go do some domestic stuff.

There appears to be a glitch between Stowe and the Lotus.... Or stowe and European drivers and servers. This was an unofficial race....suggest Either of the shorter Silverstone circuits for tonight

We had invisibility issues at NA too. Sad because one of the main ideas behind this combo was the online races :grumpy:
Streets of Willow might make a nice venue in case of emergency.

Back