GTP_WRS Online: Parity Racing: Deep Forest Reverse - 1975 or older - 12/13 April

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 748 comments
The problem for me is the time slots. Family stuff takes priority. I am positive even without trying it I would be in love!!!!

Curious, are you available at all on the weekend? I wouldn't mind a late night parity race (at least late NA time)... all our weekend races are middle of day and not idea... if we could get enough NA guys together (at least 7), even informally, later on Saturday night maybe we could make something happen -- if not this time, maybe another time. I couldn't really start until 8:30 PM Pacific though so it is quite late.

I've got a Buick GNX '87 running 1'44 flat right now, but already within a couple MPH of max speed. Nothing is tuned except the final gear on the tranny so I'm hoping a little tune will crack a good second off the time and the driver can find the rest. Haven't tuned a car in GT6 so I'll have to experiment. :scared: I need a good LSD setup because the back end is on skates.

EDIT: The Buick goes in the trash heap... I wouldn't be safe to drive near if I got this to the desired lap time. :lol:

Last edited:
Ronda.jpg

Oh hell yes, another parity event! Already signed up and I've got a Cadillac CTS-V Coupe '11 tuned to 160 max mph and a lap time of 1:42.031 :) I LOVE this car and I'm very happy with my tune.

Sark

Last edited:
Curious, are you available at all on the weekend? I wouldn't mind a late night parity race (at least late NA time)... all our weekend races are middle of day and not idea... if we could get enough NA guys together (at least 7), even informally, later on Saturday night maybe we could make something happen -- if not this time, maybe another time. I couldn't really start until 8:30 PM Pacific though so it is quite late.
I would have a better chance at making that time slot 10:30PM Central. As long as it is not a night shift!

I'm testing the Delorean and the new Viper. :)

Sjaak's specs for the Cobra Daytona are perfect. 👍

In case of having troubles to find a car with a nice handling and close to the specs,try the Pozzi Motorsports Camaro RS: View attachment 101543

499PP - 400BHP - 1487 KG - 260 kph -SM

It could be that I will end with this car.
Still testing all kind of models,nothing set in stone yet.

:lol: @Sjaak ; Had this one also ready, it is fun car to drive and looks good !!!

I've tuned up a Pontiac Solstice Coupe.
I'm sacrificing a few mph on the straight (158) for some nimbleness in the infield. Also I'm unlikely to break 165mph, even in slipstream.
I put most power mods on, minimum weight, and thought I had the lap time nailed, but as I got better with the car I now have 25 kgs ballast and running 85% power to stay above 1'42.
The upside of this is the car is sooo easy to drive, which has to be a plus for racing in close proximity.
Oh, and I stuck a rear wing on to make it look a bit racier :dopey:

I've tuned up a Pontiac Solstice Coupe.
I'm sacrificing a few mph on the straight (158) for some nimbleness in the infield. Also I'm unlikely to break 165mph, even in slipstream.
I put most power mods on, minimum weight, and thought I had the lap time nailed, but as I got better with the car I now have 25 kgs ballast and running 85% power to stay above 1'42.
The upside of this is the car is sooo easy to drive, which has to be a plus for racing in close proximity.
Oh, and I stuck a rear wing on to make it look a bit racier :dopey:

A lot of us find more time as we lower PP because of practice of course but also because the car gets easier to drive. You cut cleaner lines and pick up speed where you may have been fighting for traction before or you are less likely to over drive the turns with less power. It's funny as it's happening but also quite frustrating because you're doing a lap then hitting the garage, then doing a lap, garage, etc, etc, etc.

----

Although I'm excited for this event I've decided that I'm not going to practice as hard as I did last time. I spent so much time tuning to get every MPH I could and still be as close as possible on the lap time as well as a great deal of time practicing so that when the event time came around I'd already fatigued my hands and really hurt my playing.

Sark

I'm interested to join other time zone too. If you could put GMT time also so that I know what time you're talking. I have race at sunday morning 4:00 GMT.

I'm interested to join other time zone too. If you could put GMT time also so that I know what time you're talking. I have race at sunday morning 4:00 GMT.

The informal late NA race we are discussing would be

Jan 25 @ 8:30 PM Pacific | 11:30 Eastern | 04:30 GMT

I'm not going to list this as an official slot. Nobody has to commit. I will be there and run a few of these parity races. If nobody shows I will practice something else. If we have 3-4 we will still run some races... Parity is fun with even 4, I know from previous practices.

I don't know what that amounts to in AU/NZ, but will fill in later on PC.

If a driver can't make another event and only this one just enter your car in a post in the three here.

This should give you local time from anywhere:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...ate+Slot&iso=20140125T2030&p1=3467&ah=1&am=30

Last edited:
Ok, thx. That means I can't join because other race same time.

I done setup/specs my Silverado for the targets and my best lap time is now 1:42.117. I think that's close enough.

Edit: Update my registration (specs) and might join also sunday.

Last edited:
Just ran 20 laps in a Trans-Am on SM, stage 3 weight reduction + hood and windows, upgraded computer, exhaust manifold (but not exhaust), catalytic converter, intake, added supercharger, triple plate clutch kit, carbon drive shaft, fully customizable transmission set at 260 km/h. That's 508 PP, 372 HP and 1313 kg. Max speed at end of straight: 254 km/hr. In those 20 laps, only went once under 1'42 at 1'41.9, most laps were in the 1'42.3-1'42.8 range.

Just ran 20 laps in a Trans-Am on SM, stage 3 weight reduction + hood and windows, upgraded computer, exhaust manifold (but not exhaust), catalytic converter, intake, added supercharger, triple plate clutch kit, carbon drive shaft, fully customizable transmission set at 260 km/h. That's 508 PP, 372 HP and 1313 kg. Max speed at end of straight: 254 km/hr. In those 20 laps, only went once under 1'42 at 1'41.9, most laps were in the 1'42.3-1'42.8 range.
Perhaps it is wise to set your max speed to 270 or 280.
During the race it is allowed to brake the max speed limit because of drafting.
The speedlimit is mainly for solo laptimes.

You can steal my Trans Am, but I get The Bandit livery. You can use a green. :sly:

I have it set up with more power and more weight and the SuperCharger. Beast Mode.

I successfully registered for the event but I'm still not listed as a participant in the table after almost a day.

Sark

Sorry, I didn't realize that I had to do that as well again since I did that ages ago when I applied for GTPWRS. But I guess since there's a new qualifier it was just easier to start from scratch again.

Sark

Exactly... we had to start from scratch. Some members that were on the old GT5 database didn't run the qualifier [yet or may never] and it's not like it takes long to fill out so we decided just to start over.

PS> @Sarkazmo is driver #100 to fill out the form. 👍

I think I should be able to race in at least one of these (at least Sat). The last one was a blast! I just need to find some time to test a few cars before I register...and re-aquaint myself with Indy Road Course. :)

Updated my sign-ups, can't make Sat, will be there for sure on Sunday.

Just got home from work,missed the practice room but planned a room for the Fridayevening.

Been really busy the last two weeks, but this looks promising. Hope to join you tonight Sjaak for testing some cars out.
Need some time to prepare for the combo.

Around 20.00 GMT,is 21.00 my time,Crispy.

nice picture!

Back