GTP_WRS Online: Parity Racing: Deep Forest Reverse - 1975 or older - 12/13 April

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 748 comments
I had a great time today in my first ever Parity event! I actually passed Bart!!!!! Then he passed me back.... of course. Photos to follow tomorrow!

Note to everyone, we know there is some new blood around and we are working out the kinks. If everyone could be patient and go about the proper way of reporting or dealing with an issue rather than posting in the forums or letting loose in the lobby chat that would be greatly appreciated! That kind of negative energy is contagious and we would rather get positive and fix the problems.

Thanks, Sjaak for hosting! And a big shout out to whoever it was that came up with this idea. Someone help me out with the origin of this kind of racing please!

Thanks, Sjaak for hosting! And a big shout out to whoever it was that came up with this idea. Someone help me out with the origin of this kind of racing please!
Introduction

We've been watching the GTP forums and were really intrigued by the parity formula created by DeadNutsEven Racing Club. We contacted them and received their permission for the WRS to use all or parts of their formula in our own events. We do plan to add our own tweaks, bells and whistles over time or even try out completely different approaches to parity racing, but our initial parity racing offerings are going to stick exactly to the proven DeadNutsEven formula. 👍

We would like to thank DeadNutsEven Racing Club for giving WRS-Online permission to utilize their parity racing formula.

This is in the OP, is this what your looking for AL?

As I said yesterday, this is my favourite online racing event by far 👍

Insane battles everywhere on the track and as allways fair & fast GTP members

Thanks Sjaak for organizing it and cheers to all who participated that was awesome as allways :cheers:

Picture from EU and NA races. Lots of fun racing yesterday. I hope that I got a got a picture of everyone.

GrandValleyEast_21.jpg
GrandValleyEast_15.jpg

GrandValleyEast_20.jpg
GrandValleyEast_19.jpg
GrandValleyEast_18.jpg
GrandValleyEast_16.jpg
GrandValleyEast_14.jpg
GrandValleyEast_13.jpg
GrandValleyEast_12.jpg
GrandValleyEast_11.jpg
GrandValleyEast_10.jpg
GrandValleyEast_3.jpg
GrandValleyEast_9.jpg
GrandValleyEast_8.jpg
GrandValleyEast_7.jpg
GrandValleyEast_6.jpg
GrandValleyEast_5.jpg
GrandValleyEast_3.jpg
GrandValleyEast_2.jpg
GrandValleyEast_1.jpg
GrandValleyEast.jpg

I just got back from a weekend away - could have sworn the EU race was 22:00 this evening. Seems I missed it :(

I really like the pictures of this race with the wide variety of colors and cars The Escudo really stands out, have to give it to Pekka @MadMax for keeping that car under control. When he was behind you, it was quite the sight with that oversized rear wing.

Ok Paul,thanks for the post.

We are well over 16 racers for EU now,it would be nice if racers can not make it,could give a notification before the race starts.

If we are with 17 ,I will step down to have a room of 16.
This morning I had already a race session and NA is also a option for me.

When still over 16 ,a two room is made so all can race.

Please accept my apologies for not showing, it was a genuine mistake - I misread the race schedule. I was away until Sunday lunchtime, so I would not have entered if I had realised the racing was on Saturday night. I love this racing format, so I was really devastated when I turned up and everyone had gone home :(

image.jpg Note the lurking red Oreca Viper counting positions gained. This one was not my fault but probably all the others were. I do humbly offer my apologies for all my missed braking points and bouts of overenthusiastic overtaking both in EU and NA races (I did not count but I think I participated in over 16 races both official and pick ups) . I was very kindly taken to task after one of the NA races over the air by a group of old heads and I spent the remainder of the races learning how to follow drivers way above my pay grade. This was made possible by what may have been the best mini tuned Viper in history....62% power with mediums....just think what you more experienced drivers could have done with it.
Again mea culpa....
Nail-27 aka Ned

Please accept my apologies for not showing, it was a genuine mistake - I misread the race schedule. I was away until Sunday lunchtime, so I would not have entered if I had realised the racing was on Saturday night. I love this racing format, so I was really devastated when I turned up and everyone had gone home :(

No problem Phil,on the contrary ,I feel sorry you you missed a parity race with a full house.
On the other hand,by your mistake you made it possible for Al's first parity race and he is now as enthusiastic as you.;)

See you next time on track 👍

No, this one was MY fault :ouch: Just one bonehead move after another... really sorry about that one, guys. :(
Hey that was a racing incident...when you are four wide, all trying to get power down to escape or capture the draft someone was bound to zig when the others zaged. I can actually remember thinking lets not become part of that moving potential disaster and lifting (yes I do know how to do that) and then when it happened I had two choices....left or right....I took left and almost got collected for my trouble. Best racing I have ever seen.....even better than a gaggle of Formula Vs or FFs.

WRSOENew3D3.png

Presents...

Parity Racing:

:: Open to all members who are listed on/ or currently running the GTP_WRS Qualifier ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

View attachment 131795

Track: Deep Forest Reverse
Target Time: 1'30.500
Max Speed: 187 kph / 116 mph
Tire: Sport Medium
Car Choice: 1975 or older

Saturday, April 12th, 2014

AU: 5:00 PM AEST | 12:00 AM Pacific | 3:00 AM Eastern | 7:00 AM GMT (Saturday) | World Clock

EU: 21:00 GMT | 2:00 PM Pacific | 5:00 PM Eastern | 7:00 AM AEST (Sunday) | World Clock

NA: 8:30 PM Pacific | 11:30 PM Eastern | 3:30 AM GMT (Sunday) l 1:30 PM AEST (Sunday) | World Clock

Driver Registration

Info First Post

View attachment 131807

Note:
The time slots are changed.
WRS Parity Racing presents a AU,EU and a NA time slot.
This way we give more opportunities for racers to participate.

Testing Room ID 1472-6118-3916-1741-1178 Open :cool: Closed :( (PASM opened an Ascari room)

...still listening to Liquid Drum & Bass.

Last edited:
Testing/Tuning/Practice Room ID 1472-6118-3916-1741-1230 Open :cool: Closed :(:(:(

One thing I have noticed is that the straight that contains the Start/Finish line is not the fastest part of the track. At the end of the downhill section in sector 2 coming out from the two tunnels is about 5 MPH faster than the one before turn 1. I'm assuming that this is where we check for top speed???

Last edited:
Testing/Tuning/Practice Room ID 1472-6118-3916-1741-1230 Open :cool: Closed :(:(:(

One thing I have noticed is that the straight that contains the Start/Finish line is not the fastest part of the track. At the end of the downhill section in sector 2 coming out from the two tunnels is about 5 MPH faster than the one before turn 1. I'm assuming that this is where we check for top speed???
Good question,my fault for not mention it earlier.

No,I tested the straight at the finish line,we keep that part of the track for the speed limit.
I know the downhill section is a bit faster but has no part in the speed limit.

Thursday will be practice night,
time to optimize your car and we can do some testraces.

Around 8 or 9 pm GMT.

Me or just who is first can open a room and post inhere the room number.

Not going to be able to make it to this one guys. Family stuff. Have fun!
Al

Back