GTP_WRS Online: Parity Racing: Deep Forest Reverse - 1975 or older - 12/13 April

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 748 comments
Not true at all, you did great Sark! 👍
Had a few good battles with you.

I did have some great battles but I just couldn't string anything together. I'd get a good lap or two and then it would just all fall apart. :/

Parity events are my favorite type of event that GTPlanet WRS does but they're so few and far between. When I do as bad as I did today I just feel like I missed something special.

Sark

I did have some great battles but I just couldn't string anything together. I'd get a good lap or two and then it would just all fall apart. :/

Parity events are my favorite type of event that GTPlanet WRS does but they're so few and far between. When I do as bad as I did today I just feel like I missed something special.

Sark
That's where consitency comes in.
You should've seen my first races.
Even now, on certain combo's, I still seem to have a hard time keeping it together for the duration of the race.
Everyone makes mistakes. Trying to focus and maintaining your speed lap after lap after lap that makes it hard.

I'd get a good lap or two and then it would just all fall apart. :/

Heh, I had the same problem most races. I had one great race where I was able to keep my concentration for 9 laps, but I dropped my focus in the 🤬 hairpin in the 10th lap and ended up against the barricade on the right! "I coulda been a contenda"

That's where consitency comes in.
You should've seen my first races.
Even now, on certain combo's, I still seem to have a hard time keeping it together for the duration of the race.
Everyone makes mistakes. Trying to focus and maintaining your speed lap after lap after lap that makes it hard.

👍 That is exactly why I joined GTP after lurking for so long. I was tired of inconsistency and I figured the only way to work that out was racing with youz guys.
:gtpflag:

Thanks for all the hard working organizing this, I think I've had the most fun so far in the few events I've attended.

Some pictures from the Sunday races ;

Strange new way for placement on the grid by PD:)

BrandsHatchIndyCircuit_zps7129f6ec.jpg

BrandsHatchIndyCircuit_1_zps788f130a.jpg

BrandsHatchIndyCircuit_2_zps74f9a7b8.jpg

BrandsHatchIndyCircuit_7_zps1d73b39a.jpg

BrandsHatchIndyCircuit_6_zpsada501f3.jpg

BrandsHatchIndyCircuit_5_zpsce392c4e.jpg

BrandsHatchIndyCircuit_4_zpsf8ecc694.jpg

BrandsHatchIndyCircuit_3_zps91b38d13.jpg

BrandsHatchIndyCircuit_8_zps1f4032ff.jpg

BrandsHatchIndyCircuit_9_zps3c6b2f43.jpg

BrandsHatchIndyCircuit_10_zps32408d42.jpg

BrandsHatchIndyCircuit_11_zps94a83869.jpg

BrandsHatchIndyCircuit_12_zps55829348.jpg

BrandsHatchIndyCircuit_13_zps63af0aca.jpg

Last edited:
Love the new grid placement for GT6, I like how PD put the only 4WD on the track in that pack, didnt relize they showed a preference to Japanese cars :lol::crazy:.

Great mix of grid 👍

Love the new grid placement for GT6, I like how PD put the only 4WD on the track in that pack, didnt relize they showed a preference to Japanese cars :lol::crazy:.
And a dislike for german cars then. Sjaak was put with a huge gap on the grid in his BMW. :sly:

WRSOENew3D3.png

Presents...

Parity Racing: Made in USA

:: Only Open to Qualified GTP_Registered Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

View attachment 98165

Saturday, January 25th, 2014

22:00 GMT | 5:00 PM Eastern | 2:00 PM Pacific | Check Local

img.php

Sunday, January 26th, 2014

16:00 GMT | 11:00 AM Eastern | 8:00 AM Pacific | Check Local

img.php

Driver Registration

Current Event Details

Historical Events

Specs:
  • Track: Indianapolis Road Course
  • Target Time: 1'42.000
  • Max Speed: 265 kph / 165 mph (your speed should not exceed this at the end of the longest straight*, and you should not hit the rev-limiter)
  • Tire: Sport Medium (Use a softer compound if you cannot obtain the target time without going over the max speed)
  • Car Choice: Made in USA(only cars made in the USA can be selected.)

Your job is to choose any car in the game (that meets the event car choice criteria) and set it up any way you like until you can just reach, but not exceed the target time using our online specs (listed below), but be sure to run online with tire wear / fuel consumption set to off. The tire compound specified is the primary option and is a reasonable target for D2-D3 drivers. If you are having a hard time achieving the target lap time without exceeding the max speed then you can use a tire one compound softer. If you are D1 and/or alien driver you can use a tire one compound harder to achieve your result.

You can:
  • Use a car stock
  • Use a fully tuned car (any parts as long as you meet the requirements)
  • Use ballast or power limiter to fine tune your achievable times
  • Use a clutch and any shifter (as long as you use it when you set your times)
  • Use any view (cockpit, etc. as long as you use it to set your times and as long as you can drive safely and maintain situation awareness)
  • Use ABS (or not) -- as long as you use the same settings to achieve the target time

You will have to put some practice time in to get consistent with the car/track and fine tune your setup as you improve and approach the target time. We may even organize a few of these session prior to the event, but for now just post to this thread if you want to use the lounge for practice and invite others to join. If you don't prepare enough and are still on a steep part of your learning curve when you show up for the event you are likely to improve significantly during the race and create an imbalance. We will have some procedures to correct that during an event, but the more prepared you are the better the racing will be for everyone.

A Few Example Cars You Can Use:

-SRT Challenger SRT 8 - 425 BHP - 1628 kg - 264 kph - SM
-Viper GTS '99 - 404 BHP - 1569 kg - 267 kph - SM
-Cobra daytona Coupe - 346 BHP - 1043 kg - 257 kph - SH
-Mustang Boss 302 '13 - 443 BHP - 1647 kg - 260 kph - SM

View attachment 100935

Sweet. Hopefully I can join at least one of these. 👍

Now when it says "Made in the USA", does that mean any car in the game that is considered American? Does it mean only American auto companies? Because there is a huge grey area (depending on who you speak to) about what is an American car. In reality, Ford and GM are the only two left, not counting older companies like Hudson and DMC or smaller ones like Tesla and Shelby. There is also Acura and Infiniti...are they considered American? Is Dodge considered American when they are now an Italian company (Fiat). And what about some models of Honda and Toyota that are built in America? I plan on picking a "traditional" American car like Ford, but some people have different opinions on what is American these days.

Now when it says "Made in the USA", does that mean any car in the game that is considered American?

yes,all cars from the North America dealership can be used.
Which cars are truly original USA fabricated is for me as European an question.
I have to go with the info the game gives to me.

edit:treed by Lucas.

One more question: How strict is the time and speed regulations? I've done a small amount of testing and I can get the car I might use up to about 168 MPH (depending on how good of a run I get going around the last turn) and it is a couple seconds slower than the time limit. If the regulations are considered Gospel then I might need to do a crazy amount of testing into finding a car I could use; but if they are allowed to be bent by just a touch (3 MPH) then I can get on with tuning the car instead of spending all of my time testing a lot of different cars through trial and error.

One more question: How strict is the time and speed regulations? I've done a small amount of testing and I can get the car I might use up to about 168 MPH (depending on how good of a run I get going around the last turn) and it is a couple seconds slower than the time limit. If the regulations are considered Gospel then I might need to do a crazy amount of testing into finding a car I could use; but if they are allowed to be bent by just a touch (3 MPH) then I can get on with tuning the car instead of spending all of my time testing a lot of different cars through trial and error.

The limits are strict. You shouldn't exceed the speed limit. You shouldn't beat the target time.

Now if you have the "mother of all golden runs" out of the last corner and you tick one above the limit and can't reproduce that for the life of you then forget it happened. But if you regularly are 3 mph above the limit and still well under the time then you need to re tune or swap models. Can you use a good tune (suspension/lsd) to get your car better in the corner so it can go slower on the straight (lower power) and still get close to the time? Often, just drop the power... the car gets easier to handle in the corners, more consistent and sometimes even faster in corners, but it's top speed will suffer. Or add downforce... that should slow you on the straight and add corner speed/grip. The final option is to go softer compound on the tire which is there for those situations where it's the only solution, again to impact corners without too much impact on top speed on a straight.

If you are close you can work on the car to achieve it without ditching it and starting over. If you are way off then you need a new car that can get you to the target.

Also, you will naturally find yourself getting faster with practice... maybe you'll have to turn down the power just to stay under the lap time limit. Right now you should plan to be over the time by about a second because you will improve quickly with practice in the early parts of the learning curve.

Ultimately, you have to make the call if the car is going to work within the limits.

PS> Also another note for all drivers new to parity. You need to practice and get in range of your limit. If not, you'll show up on race day and get faster every lap. You'll have to adjust between every sprint and you might even pull away from the pack. That's not what this is about... These events aren't meant for last second sign ups... they do take some time to prepare for. But if you do, you are in for a fun treat. They are awesome if you bring the perfect weapon and can consistently be very close to the lap limit. Expect to be bumper to bumper very often. Expect to battle with drivers you normally wouldn't see on track. Expect to battle someone new on every sprint. It's unique, light-hearted and fun as heck 👍

Also note that the format of the races, 2 x 10min races and then 2 x 20min races, is designed to allow you to fine tune your car to the specs before the 20min races start. Use the 10min races to make sure you are still within specs under race conditions. Going a couple mph over the limit in draft is much less frowned upon than doing so without draft in your solo runs.

Alrighty...it looks like I can just bog this one down a little bit and it should be just fine. I'll know for sure after I run more laps, but I think it should work out.

[update]...or I could just go away for the weekend and not be anywhere close to my PS3 so I will need to miss this spectacular seeming event. Oh well.

Last edited:
I did registered to event but these's no my name in driver list. Problem?

I did registered to event but these's no my name in driver list. Problem?
I hate to tell you, but you spelt your name wrong ;) The registration is magic and it knows who is and who isn't part of the Registry, and so your registration didn't go through because the incorrectly spelt name was not recognised. I edited it for you you should see it on the next image update.

One day I will be able to try out one of these races....

I hope we can organise 1 or 2 practice evenings,a change for you to try out what parity racing is.
You would love it,close racing and lots of action.

Would love to do them, but not sure if I will find the time for this, sadly.

Frank ,try this one,a dream to drive...-Mustang Boss 302 '13 - 443 BHP - 1647 kg - 260 kph - SM

And I forgot this to include in the OP:

Promo Video

Sounds like a good concept for close racing. I just registered. 👍

Playing around with settings in Room ID 1472-6681-3286-8588-8531

Anyone welcome to join me.

@Sjaak ; Now you are tempting me badly, to be honest I already had a little try out and the 'mustang Boss' was one of them 👍 But there are more special cars to use.....

But that saturday is a no go for me, there could be a very small chance I could join on sunday (25%) But if you organise some practise races during the week, then I will be there :) and maybe Al too.

I just tried to access the 3D3 Racing Online Driver Database Entry Form. It's not working - I got this error message:

"Oops, something went wrong.
The form "3D3 Racing (WRS Online) Driver Database" is no longer accepting responses.
Try contacting the owner of the form if you think this is a mistake."

I just tried to access the 3D3 Racing Online Driver Database Entry Form. It's not working - I got this error message:

"Oops, something went wrong.
The form "3D3 Racing (WRS Online) Driver Database" is no longer accepting responses.
Try contacting the owner of the form if you think this is a mistake."

I think you found a link to the old GT5 form. I assume in this thread... I'll go update it. Here is the new one:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...mkey=dDNxQVNiOG5fbkQxUGU3RHhNTXFXbGc6MA#gid=0

Now the driver list is empty or at least I don't see anyone in the images.

We'll take a look. From my 2sec look at it so far, the sign-ups are all saved, there's just a problem in the doc in getting them to display. You're still signed up and we'll get it fixed asap.

The problem for me is the time slots. Family stuff takes priority. I am positive even without trying it I would be in love!!!!

Back