GTP_WRS-Online : Special III - 2014 WRS F3[D3] Grand Prix of Monaco - May 22-25

• Thread starter PASM
  • 68 comments
Room open for about 45 mins. 1472-6681-3759-3056-3833.

Closed.

I used the 450 deg. rotation on my G27. It made it easier to negotiate the hairpins. Using Bart's transmission settings, I found it faster to shift early, I think I was shifting at 15K RPMs.

@PASM for the chicane, will we use the same rules as last TT here, in that the inside tires must be completely on the rumble? In some TTs in the past we allowed inside tires to dip inside of the chicane. Just want to make sure for the qualifier, that I am practicing clean laps.

Last edited:
Is the registration list current? Thought I was going to have plans to go to Lime Rock this weekend, but with a sick son and more than likely rain... I've decided to sign up for this. Officially registered, but it seems like the registration list is short compared to how many people sounded like they were registering in this thread.

I agree, this list is far too short.

I will not be able to make the scheduled practice time today. I will be practising later in the day.

Al

I've changed my setup:

X2014_Monaco_V2.png

Are there any drivers who can't make the live Qualifying session and want to run a Pre-Qualifier?

I'll be opening a room for the official Practice 2 in about 90 minutes 👍

I see you haven't updated your fastest practice time yet Pasm, or are you going to keep it a surprise and spring it on everyone in qualifying? :embarrassed:

GTP_Jammy was flying last night too 👍

I see you haven't updated your fastest practice time yet Pasm, or are you going to keep it a surprise and spring it on everyone in qualifying? :embarrassed:

GTP_Jammy was flying last night too 👍

Hehe, no I forgot to do that. It's on the leaderboard at the next update.

Practice 2

f1-red-light.png

1472-6681-3115-0605-1855

Last edited:
I might not be able to make the knockout qualifying session, as I have something at that time. Going on reserve until further notice.

Noticed room will be opened as Friends Only, is @PASM host? Anyone else I should also send an FR to?

Noticed room will be opened as Friends Only, is @PASM host? Anyone else I should also send an FR to?
Yep send a FR to GTP_PASM

There shouldnt be a need to send another FR to anyone unless for some reason Bart cannot make it then an announcement will be made :).

Remember the procedure for qualifying:

Knockout Qualification

Saturday's one-hour qualifying event is split into three sessions with a 5 minute break between each session to reset times:
  • Q1: 18 minute elimination round where the slowest drivers are knocked out and fill the last positions on the starting grid.
  • Q2: 15 minute elimination round where the slowest drivers are knocked out and fill the middle positions on the starting grid.
  • Q3: 12 minute shootout to determine pole position and the starting order for the top places on the starting grid.
  • The number of drivers that advance in each round is specified in the following table:
    KnockoutQualiAdvancementTable-1.png

Qualification Details:
  • Lobby mode: The qualification sessions will be held in the Time Trial mode. This will place the cars on the track in random order. It is the responsibility of the drivers to find a piece of clean air or to try and slipstream. You should not impede another driver on a fast lap, while you are on an outlap or an inlap.
  • Pits: In all rounds the pits are open for tire changes.
  • Laps: In all rounds drivers can run as many laps as they wish. Any lap started prior to the time cutoff is legal.
  • Cutoffs: The number of drivers that are eliminated in each round will depend on the total number of drivers participating in knockout qualifying. The cutoffs will be announced an hour prior to qualifying.
  • Lounge Limits: In the event that more than 16 drivers are registered for qualification, lounges will be split evenly for Q1 at the discretion of the stewards and the number of advancing drivers will be adjusted so that there are no more than 14 drivers for Q2. The lobbies will then merge for the remaining two rounds. A steward will post instructions to this thread, including which room drivers should report to, at least an hour before qualification.
  • Disconnects: If a driver DCs during qualification he/she is allowed to rejoin the lounge. If a steward has recorded their fast lap prior to the DC the lap will count otherwise only laps run after returning to the lounge and prior to the end of the session will count.
  • Interference: If a driver is deemed by the stewards to have stopped unnecessarily on the circuit or impeded another driver during qualifying, his times may be cancelled and the driver will be placed at the back of the grid for the race start. The stewards decisions are final. Should a driver spin, run off track, or lose control of his car he must wait for a clear opening in the track to return. If a driver is in a position where he is slower than the car behind him for any reason he must slow and yield his line so that the approaching driver is not held up. Drivers that interfere with another drivers' hot lap may incur a grid placement penalty at the discretion of the stewards.
Alternate Pre-Qualification:
  • Any driver that cannot participate in the live qualification session for any reason must contact a steward (or post to this thread) and arrange for a private qualification session.
  • All private qualifying sessions are observed and will last 5 laps (1 out lap, 3 hot laps, 1 cool down lap).
  • The driver's best "clean" hot lap will become his qualification time. If no "clean" laps are run, the drivers best "dirty" lap will be used, but with 1 second penalty added per wall tap and/or 2 seconds for a chicane cut or dirty section which has the potential to gain the driver time.
  • Any driver that qualifies in this manner can start no higher than drivers that advance to Q3 during knockout qualification.
  • Pre-qualification is a one shot deal and once you start your qualification race you are committed. In the case of a DC you must return to the lounge ASAP and run any laps you had not started during the initial session.
  • Once you run pre-qualification your time is final and you cannot run the live session on Saturday.
  • Pre-qualification lap times will not / should not be revealed until after the live qualification on Saturday.
  • Drivers that have not qualified prior to the start of the live qualification will not be allowed to race without prior steward approval.
  • The following is a list of approved qualification stewards:
    • Allibubba99
    • AspecBob
    • ealirendur
    • EDK
    • Gravitron
    • hasslemoff
    • jtv90069
    • MadMax86
    • oink83
    • GTPorsche
    • PASM
    • Racingworld68
    • Sjaak
    • Speedy6543
    • WRP001

Since we have 7 drivers signed up and 2 drivers on reserve for qualifying, it looks like we'll be skipping Q1 and go straight to the 15 minute Q2 session. The qualifying sessions will be run in Time Trial mode, in the race together setting and starting from the pits. The clock will be set to the session lenght + 2 minutes. Like in F1, all the laps started before the session has ended will count.

Let's all keep it clean during qualifying. It's a difficult place to prevent a wall brush here or there, but each fastest lap will be checked if it's clean. In close running, everyone is entitled to their place on the track. If someone in front is on a flying lap and you want to pass, you can't expect them to give way. Do the sensible thing and drop back a few seconds and try again next lap. Then again, on an outlap/inlap or when you're not on a flying lap you are expected to not interfere with drivers who are on their flying lap. If you're planning on getting out of the way, there are plenty of good spots on the track to give room. Preferably you do it before Mirabeau Haute (turn 5) and after Portier (turn 8). If you find yourself past turn 5 with someone closing in, it's best to keep at it 100% and let them by after turn 8.

800px-monte_carlo_formula_1_track_map-svg.png

@mika012397 You're the only one on the registration table who isn't on my friends list yet. I've sent you a FR, it's best if you accept it before 21:00 GMT, when I will open the room for warm up.

Looks like Mika cancelled, so we're all good.

Sorry to miss P2...still having problem getting used to G27. I will be the slowest and will pay strict attention to blue flags...

for this series need gtp account?

No, you don't have to:

Qualifier Rules:
  • The qualifier MUST be run using your registered PSN Account that you list in the Registry (GTP_Tag is no longer required)
  • Do not discuss privately or post publicly any of your splits or final times, or anything relating to this qualifier that would indicate a sector time or a full lap time. By taking part in this qualifier you therefore agree to this very strict ruling
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • All registered GTP_Registry members must complete this qualifier to remain on the GTP_Registry

But you must be on the GT6 GTP Registry and run the Registry Qualifier. A video guide can be found here.

It is quite late though to join and I suggest you put in a decent effort on the registry qualifier. I can't guarantee your submission can be processed before tomorrow, because I'm not involved in the submission and validation process in any way, but you can try 👍

Man, got down into the 14's today by shaving time through the hairpins, but still no clue where you guys have found 2 more seconds.

Tonight should be fun. Will the Q room be opening early or just for qualifying? Not saying I want to watch your lines before the trial... But I'm not saying I don't want to watch your lines before the trial either :P :lol:

Room open for warm up. I'll be away for half an hour.

1472-6399-8580-0419-0095

I cannot make the Knockout qualifying session; cancelling (are the pre qualis still open?).

New room friends only on my account. Sorry for the delay.

Qualifying results are in. Well done everyone 👍

View attachment 160990

View attachment 160991

Here is the starting grid for tomorrow. Any driver registering between now and the start of the race will start from the back of the grid.

View attachment 160993
Team Severn decided to call in my car to save the Power Unit for tomorrow (I got disconnected, but was having a tough time putting down a clean lap during Q3 anyways.) :D

Lightning laps up top, almost wish I wasn't racing just to watch that inevitable battle. (Almost)

I don't know how many are using PASM's setup or if everyone using their own setups, but here's my setup for this race.

Ride Height: fixed 50 / 50
Spring rate: 20.00 / 25.00
Dampers / extension: 2 / 3
Dampers / compression: 5 / 4
Anti-roll bars: 5 / 6
Camber Angle: 0.0 / 0.0
Toe Angle: -0.15 / 0.20
LSD: 10 / 25 / 15
Downforce: 1500 / 2000 (max)
Brake balance: 1 / 10

Transmission:
-I use tranny trick
-in quali I used PASM's settings for gears
-in race I'll use my own
Max speed: 300
1: 4000
2: 2930
3: 2170
4: 1710
5: 1410
6: 1210
7: 1062
Final: 6450

Last edited:
Practice room open "friends only" Ned did you accept my friend request?

Back