Support Races

Sunday, September 30, 2012

11:00 AM Pacific | 2:00 PM Eastern | 18:00 GMT

img.php

3:00 PM Pacific | 6:00 PM Eastern | 22:00 GMT

img.php

Suzuka%20Circuit_zps26b61155.png

Steward's Notes:

This Special Event has been designed with the full Formula 1 experience in mind.
Live, Knock-out style Qualification, Multiple Tire compounds and a Formula 1 Formation Lap and Standing Start are all included in the event. If we could enforce the use of the cockpit view.... we would use it exclusively ;)
This event's qualification and start procedure are unique and have not been used in a prior Special Event. Please read and familiarize yourself with all of the event details.

Unique Aspects:
  • Live F1 Style Knockout Qualification
  • Multiple Tire compounds - Race Soft and Race Hard
  • F1 Style Formation Lap and Standing Start (race starts at the 3 minute mark)
  • 53 Lap Race (+1 for the Formation Lap)

News and Updates:
  • September 20, 2012: Thread posted and registration opens
  • September 30, 2012: Support races
  • October 6, 2012: Live Qualification
  • October 7, 2012: The 3D3 Japanese Grand Prix

Good Luck, OLR Team:gtplanet:

SuzukaCircuit3_zps56b4b6c1.jpg

Last edited:
wrstitleseventdetails.png

SuzukaCircuit4_zpsb403dbaf.jpg

Lounge Settings (@ GTP_3D3_A, GTP_3D3_B)

• Race Quality: Standard
  • Voice Chat Quality: Disabled (with grids over 12)

General
  • Date: Sunday, October 7, 2012
  • Time: 1:00 PM Pacific | 4:00 PM Eastern | 20:00 PM GMT
  • Cars: Ferrari F10 2010
  • Track: Suzuka
  • Qualification: Live Knockout Qualifying (Saturday, October 6, 2012)

Event Settings
  • Game Mode: Normal Race
  • Laps: 53
  • Start Type: F1 Style Formation Lap w/ Standing Start
  • Grid Order: Fastest First
  • Boost: Off
  • Penalty: None
  • Automatic Race Start Cycle: Disabled
  • Race Finish Delay: Set to 110% of the average lap time (110 sec)
  • Visible Damage: Off
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Slipstream Strength: Weak
  • Tire Wear / Fuel Consumption: On
  • Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge: Real

Car Regulations

car_ferrari_f10_10.jpg
  • Car Type: Premium
  • Make: Ferrari
  • Model: F10 2010
  • Performance Points: 890 PP (w/max DF)
  • Power: 726 HP (PL=100%)
  • Weight: 560 KG (Stock)
  • Oil Change: Required (All cars must start the race with the oil indicator off)
  • Aero: Up to Max Aero Allowed
  • Chassis Reinforcement: Optional
  • Engine Stage Upgrades: N/A
  • ECU Tuning: N/A
  • Intake System: N/A
  • Exhaust: N/A
  • Turbo Kits:: N/A
  • Transmission: Fully Customizable Transmission (Stock)
  • Drivetrain: Adjustable LSD (Stock)
  • Suspension: Fully Customizable Kit (Stock)
  • Brakes: Brake Balance Controller (Stock)
  • Tires: Multiple Compounds (Race Soft, Race Hard) - All drivers that participate in Q3 must start the race using the tire compound they qualified on and all drivers must use both available compounds at least once during the race. Only two sets of Race Soft tires are available for the race.
Base Tunes (Hydro, GTPorche, ghskilla)

Race Regulations
  • Vehicle Tuning: Unrestricted
  • Skid Recovery Force | Active Steering | ASM: Disabled
  • Driving Line | TCS | ABS: Optional

Qualification

quali.jpg

1 Hour Live Qualifying Session

Saturday, October 6 - 1:00 PM Pacific | 4:00 PM Eastern | 20:00 GMT

Saturday's one-hour qualifying session is split into three parts, each with multiple drivers on track simultaneously, and each with the drivers running as many laps as they want.
  • Q1: All drivers may run laps at any time during the first 20 minutes of the hour. At the end of the first 20 minutes, the four slowest cars drop out and fill the final four grid places (13 to 16).

• Q2: After a five minute break, the times will be reset and the 12 remaining cars then will then run in a 15-minute session - again they may complete as many laps as they want at any time during that period. At the end of the 15 minutes, the six slowest cars drop out and fill places 7 to 12 on the grid.

• Q3: After another five minute break, the times are reset once again and a final 10-minute session will feature a shootout between the remaining 6 cars to decide pole position and the starting order for the top 6 grid places. Again, these cars may run as many laps as they wish.

In Q1 and Q2, drivers may run any tire compound they wish, and drivers eliminated in these periods are allowed to change their choice of tires prior to the race. Drivers that advance to Q3 have the option of running either compound as well, however, they must start the race with the tires used during their fastest lap.
In the event that more than 16 drivers are registered for the race, lounges will be split evenly for Q1 at the discretion of the Steward and the number of advancing drivers will be adjusted so that there are no more than 16 drivers for Q2. The lobbies will then merge for the remaining two rounds. In that instance the final round can have as many as 8 drivers maximum.
Final details for the full qualification, including which room drivers should report to (if necessary) will be posted 24 hours prior to the start of the live qualification session.

If a driver is deemed by the stewards to have stopped unnecessarily on the circuit or impeded another driver during qualifying, his times may be cancelled and the driver will be placed at the back of the grid for the race start. The Steward(s) decisions are final. Should a driver spin, run off track, or lose control of his car he must wait for a clear opening in the track to return. If a driver is in a position where he is slower than the car behind him for any reason he must slow and yield his line so that the approaching driver is not held up. Drivers that interfere with another drivers' hot lap may incurr a grid placement penalty at the discretion of the Steward.

Any driver that cannot participate in the live qualification session for any reason must contact a steward and arrange for a private qualification session. All private qualifying sessions will last 4 laps (1 out lap and 3 hot laps). The drivers best hot lap will become his qualification time however, any driver that qualifies in this manner can start no higher than half of the field. For example, if the race has 16 drivers entered, any driver that qualifies privately cannot start higher than 9th.
Drivers that have not qualified prior to the start of the live qualification will not be allowed to race without prior Steward approval.

Amended: Any driver that qualifies slower than 1'40.000 (~12 seconds off pace) or shows consistently that car control is going to be a concern during the race may not be allowed to drive in the event on Sunday. The decision of the Stewards is final.

Formula One Style Formation Lap and Standing Start

• Once the starting order is confirmed by the Steward all drivers should enter the pits.
  • When all drivers are in the pits, the Steward will call the drivers 1 by 1 onto the track and the drivers will line up in single file behind the pole sitter in order to stage the grid.
  • Once all drivers are in their proper start positions the Steward will start the race countdown timer.
  • After the system places you on the grid for the start, drivers will line up single file and proceed with the formation lap.
  • At no time should the Pacing car exceed 200 kph and turns will be taken at resonable speeds.
  • Weaving or other tire warming procedures ARE allowed during the formation lap - Just be careful.
  • Following the exit of the Casio Triangle chicane all drivers will proceed to their appropriate grid starting marker.
  • The race clock in the top right corner of the screen will then be utilized for timing the race start.
  • At exactly 3 minutes the race starts.
  • Should any driver mistakenly start prior to that mark they must lift immediately so as to not gain position from the error prior to turn 1.
  • Be cautious and courteous in the first turn. Dive bombing will be penalized and will not be tolerated. These are tricky cars and turn 1 is tough period. Err on the side of caution and use the large runoff areas if necessary, but do not use it to gain positions.
  • Please take the time to practice this start procedure at least once in a practice session.

The following video demonstrates the Formation Lap and start procedure:
@ Spa - Courtesy GTP_Twissy

Last edited:
wrstitlesdriverregistra.png

Grand Prix

Sunday, October 7, 2012
1:00 PM Pacific / 4:00 PM Eastern / 20:00 GMT

121007_enduro_reg.png

Eligibility

This WRS-Online event hosted by 3D3 Racing is open to GTP_Registered members only. If you are not currently on the registry run the GTP_Registry qualifier and join now!

Registration Instructions

The following must be performed by every driver for every event:
  • Click the registration button above, fill-in and submit the online registration form (use your GTP_ tag ID)
  • Leave a quick note in this thread to let us know you've registered and any other comments.
The following must be performed only one time per driver (not per event):
  • Send a PSN friend request to GTP_3D3Racing, GTP_3D3_A and GTP_3D3_B with subject line "3D3 Racing" from your GTP_tag ID.
  • Submit the 3D3 Racing Online Driver Database Entry Form. Your information will need to be verified before you are added to the db and before your ID will appear in the registered driver table above. You can view the official driver database here.

There is a 32 car/driver limit for this event and slots are awarded on the grid using qualification time. Reference the registered drivers table above for availability. This is a stand alone race and points are not tallied for a series.

Registration Changes

If you want to change your status or any other registration choices just click on the registration link and fill out the form again and submit with new values. Your last entry will override any previous entries.

Cancellations

If for some reason, after you register for the event, you are unable to attend the race please post in this thread so we can update the registration list and make the spot available to another driver. Also click the registration button above and complete the form again selecting "cancel" as event status.

SuzukaCircuit5_zpsad4e89ce.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
wrstitlesdriverregistra.png

Support Races

Sunday, September 30, 2012

121007_support_reg-1.jpg

Eligibility

This WRS-Online event hosted by 3D3 Racing is open to GTP_Registered members only. If you are not currently on the registry run the GTP_Registry qualifier and join now!

Registration Instructions

The following must be performed by every driver for every event:
  • Click the registration button above, fill-in and submit the online registration form (use your GTP_ tag ID)
  • Leave a quick note in this thread to let us know you've registered and any other comments.
The following must be performed only one time per driver (not per event):
  • Send a PSN friend request to GTP_3D3Racing, GTP_3D3_A and GTP_3D3_B with subject line "3D3 Racing" from your GTP_tag ID.
  • Submit the 3D3 Racing Online Driver Database Entry Form. Your information will need to be verified before you are added to the db and before your ID will appear in the registered driver table above. You can view the official driver database here.

There is a 32 car/driver limit for this event and slots are awarded on the grid using qualification time. Reference the registered drivers table above for availability. This is a stand alone race and points are not tallied for a series.

Registration Changes

If you want to change your status or any other registration choices just click on the registration link and fill out the form again and submit with new values. Your last entry will override any previous entries.

Cancellations

If for some reason, after you register for the event, you are unable to attend the race please post in this thread so we can update the registration list and make the spot available to another driver. Also click the registration button above and complete the form again selecting "cancel" as event status.

Special Notes for the Support Races
  • Choice of lounge will depend on the number of participants and will be announced when lounge is open for pre-race warm up.
  • Please be prompt (at least 5-15 minutes prior to the event).
  • The race length will be set to 35 laps.
  • Starting order will be determined by a 15 minute qualifying session prior to the race.
  • All drivers must Qualify and Start on Race Soft tires then switch to Race Hard tires in their first pit stop. Should a driver require a second pit stop they must remain on Race Hard tires.

SuzukaCircuit6_zps34c59b89.jpg

Last edited:

wrstitlepracticeleaderb.png

121007_practice_reg.png

View Raw Logs Here
(for splits and notes)

Note: You are welcome to submit a practice lap if you are not taking part in the race as long as you are listed in the 3D3 Driver Database and the lap is run in an online lounge under proper event regulations.

SuzukaCircuit7_zpsb64afb62.jpg

wrstitlesraceresults.png

Feature Race

JGPresults.png

Knockout Qualifying

quali_round1.png
quali_round2.png
quali_round3.png

Support Race #1

support1_results.jpg

*Race started at 6:00 on the race clock due to a red flag condition on the initial start, only 34 race laps

support1_quali.png

Support Race #2

spr2f1.png

*Race started at 3:00 on the race clock, 35 race laps

f1spr2quali.png

wrstitlesracehighlights.png

SuzukaCircuit_6copy.jpg

SuzukaCircuit_5copy.jpg

SuzukaCircuit_20copy.jpg

SuzukaCircuit_19copy.jpg

SuzukaCircuit_17copy.jpg

SuzukaCircuit_16copy.jpg

SuzukaCircuit_15copy.jpg

SuzukaCircuit_14copy.jpg

SuzukaCircuit_12copy.jpg

SuzukaCircuit_11copy.jpg

SuzukaCircuit_9copy.jpg

SuzukaCircuit_4copy.jpg

SuzukaCircuit_3copy.jpg

SuzukaCircuit_1copy.jpg

Jumping in the lounge for a few minutes, if anyone wants to join.

Edit: I'm out already.

Last edited:
Excellent stuff!

I see two support race registration tables in the OP, instead of one feature and one support race table.

I get that :lol:.

I meant, it shows the support races table under the support races section, but it also shows the support races table under the feature races section.

Ooooh im so in for this..

Think Hydro will be following shortly behind! 👍 ah he's already in :lol:

Last edited:
No tunes linked in the OP so what are you guys using? I have (and use) some of the tunes posted for Spa and can make some tranny adjustments, but curious if you guys are making specific adjustments for Suzuka beyond gearing.

It will be interesting to see what the next GT5 update will do to our times. If it changes significantly (to the slower), we might want to clear out the practice sheet and start fresh.

Spa Online Tunes:

Nice lap Twissy!

I'm pretty sure I can dip down into the 1'28.XXX range, but 1'28 flat is going to take something special... maybe some big tuning changes (or better yet a driver change :sly:). In more of a race mode I think 1'30.5 or so is a nice semi-aggressive pace, but not super risky to maintain (full fuel). Hopefully as we get closer I'll be able to drop that down a bit, but to run in the 1'29.X entails taking some pretty big risks.

Problem is when I make a mistake it costs me a lot... hard to make a mistake in this car and not pay for it dearly, especially at Suzuka with all the sand. I've made my share of sand castles here. :sly:

I'm away all weekend, but hope to be in the lounge a bit later tonight around 8:15 Pacific.

I think I'll stop by the lounge later tonight to run some laps.

How is my setup at Suzuka, Tim? When I did a few laps yesterday, it seemed a bit unpredictable. Understeer and oversteer.

Remember, for the race, you'll have to set up to survive on Hards. When Jon and I checked out the tire wear the other day, I got to a 30.3 within about 3-4 laps on the Softs - but I'd been tuning for the Hards, which we ran 12 laps and some warmup on.
. The suggestion Jon came up with was to up the LSD Decel a *lot* - my Spa setup, which I think I was otherwise using pretty much unmodified, became:

17.0/18.0
9/9
7/7
5/6
2.8/2.2
-0.05/0.05

LSD 6/24/48
BB 5/1

It's very basic, probably a bit rubbish, but try the diff and let me know.

Didn't tweak any gears yet, but I'm not sure I could reproduce my gearing anyway - gotta take better notes.

I think I'll stop by the lounge later tonight to run some laps.

How is my setup at Suzuka, Tim? When I did a few laps yesterday, it seemed a bit unpredictable. Understeer and oversteer.

Shawn, I like your setup. A bit twitchy in 1/2, but that's probably more the pilot's fault. I could easily see racing with that setup. I will, of course, try other tunes, but I wouldn't be worried at all using your setup with the hard or soft compound.

Shawn, I like your setup. A bit twitchy in 1/2, but that's probably more the pilot's fault. I could easily see racing with that setup. I will, of course, try other tunes, but I wouldn't be worried at all using your setup with the hard or soft compound.

That's what I was sort of getting at with the understeer/oversteer I mentioned. It could be lack of time with the car on the track for me. It also could be me trying to drive it in cockpit view even if the PS3 doesn't like it that much. I'd say my lap that I posted is pretty decent for only about 5-10 laps so far and on hard tires.

Main lounge is setup and I'll be running for about 90 minutes.

I'm on my way right now.

Just realized my car needed an oil change. I guess that lap I ran wasn't that bad after all. :sly:

The practice leaderboard has been reset due to the 2.08 update and change in physics. Any laps run prior to the update have been saved, but filtered out of the results and thus the image in this thread.

Now I've got to go out and set some new laps. :sly:

I'm getting almost the exact same tire degradation as I had before the update on Racing Softs. Have yet to test Racing Hards, but I don't have a good baseline to compare against from before the update.

I'm getting almost the exact same tire degradation as I had before the update on Racing Softs. Have yet to test Racing Hards, but I don't have a good baseline to compare against from before the update.

I thought F1 cars weren't affected by the new tire wear model.

4th bullet point.

Back