GTP_WRS-Online : Special XI - 2.4 Hour Suzuka SuperGT Mixed Class Enduro - June 6/7

• Thread starter oink83
  • 146 comments
I can do it around 16-17:00GMT - 22-23:00GMT. Or right now but I only have 30-40min left until I have to leave.

I'll be online from around 13:00 GMT this afternoon with no plans for the rest of the day, so if anyone's about to host a qualie session I'll get mine done and dusted đź‘Ť

I'm busy until 20:30 UTC, after that I should have some time.

@oink83 Paul have you determined how many laps we're running for the support races on Saturday?
Most likely 27 laps for GT500 and 25 for GT300. There will also be pit pauses mandated for each class and we'll be sure to communicate those durations at least a couple hours before the first race.

I'm busy until 20:30 UTC, after that I should have some time.

Mind if I join in if you get time to run the session? I believe it's just Steve and myself that need to qualify now đź‘Ť

LOBBY CLOSED QUALI IN PROGRESS

Please do not enter until this post is edited

Lobby OPEN

Last edited:
On later for GT300 Q. Have to wait until the TV is free - probably 1-2hrs, so close to deadline, I'm afraid. No practice yet, just a formality.

On the bright side, the main race just happens to be on a public holiday :)

On later for GT300 Q. Have to wait until the TV is free - probably 1-2hrs, so close to deadline, I'm afraid. No practice yet, just a formality.

On the bright side, the main race just happens to be on a public holiday :)
Room is up, join when ready. :mischievous:

Support races info has been updated:

Important notes for the Support races. (note: the two formation laps and GT300 getting a head start will NOT apply to the Enduro on Sunday)

Details:
  1. The races will be set to 26 + 1 laps for GT500, 25 + 2 laps for GT300
  2. The formation lap speed limit is 62 mph / 100 kph and a staggered two wide formation will be used.
  3. There will be 2 formation laps for GT300 drivers and 1 formation lap for GT500 drivers.
  4. The target start for the GT500 class is when the GT300 field reaches T1.
  5. GT500 cars are required to pit pause for 2 minutes.
  6. GT300 cars are required to pit pause for 1 minute.

Most likely I'll only do the 1st support race. Changed my reserve registration to GT300 for the 2nd as well if I do both. Did only 5 laps in the HSV so that will be a big mess if I try to race in that :rolleyes:

The room for Support Race 1 is up. Looks like it's just me in the GT500's. :dopey:

My allergies are being fun this week. Im all benadrylled up and in no condition to race today :grumpy:. Sorry guys

Support race 2 room is up.

This time we'll have both classes pause for the same amount of time in the pits: 2 minutes from the time the lollipop goes UP

In Support race 1 the extra 1min that the GT500's had to pause, we had no chance to catch any of the GT300's, although lots of pass attempts...some not-so-well executed. :( Sorry for sticking my nose in there @Kjeld Lund on Dunlop, was not a good place to pass.

---

And while I'm here, the GT300 qualifying results, congrats @Ettick on pole position! :cheers:

supergt-suzuka-gt300-quali.PNG

Everyone should know which class they're racing in at this point, please use the registration form to let us know which, if you still have a Secondary class selected.

Feature Race - Enduro

Sunday, June 7, 2015

12:00 PM Pacific / 3:00 PM Eastern / 19:00 GMT

[dropbox]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46246500/specialGT6_011_reg.png[/dropbox]
(table will auto update approximately every 30 minutes)

Register Here

have one question, there are 17 guys confirmed for the race, 8 have GT500 primary, 9 have GT300 primary, but room is only for 16. Does that mean that i'll be the first reserve, no matter what class i commit to (last in both qualis)? As this point in rules says?

• If there are 17-19 confirmed drivers, a few will have to go on "stand by" and may not be able to race in the enduro. Note that all drivers will have the opportunity to participate in the support races.

Support race 2 room is up.

This time we'll have both classes pause for the same amount of time in the pits: 2 minutes from the time the lollipop goes UP

In Support race 1 the extra 1min that the GT500's had to pause, we had no chance to catch any of the GT300's, although lots of pass attempts...some not-so-well executed. :( Sorry for sticking my nose in there @Kjeld Lund on Dunlop, was not a good place to pass.

---

And while I'm here, the GT300 qualifying results, congrats @Ettick on pole position! :cheers:

View attachment 384820

Everyone should know which class they're racing in at this point, please use the registration form to let us know which, if you still have a Secondary class selected.

Feature Race - Enduro

Sunday, June 7, 2015

12:00 PM Pacific / 3:00 PM Eastern / 19:00 GMT

[dropbox]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46246500/specialGT6_011_reg.png[/dropbox]
(table will auto update approximately every 30 minutes)

Register Here

:eek:

have one question, there are 17 guys confirmed for the race, 8 have GT500 primary, 9 have GT300 primary, but room is only for 16. Does that mean that i'll be the first reserve, no matter what class i commit to (last in both qualis)? As this point in rules says?

• If there are 17-19 confirmed drivers, a few will have to go on "stand by" and may not be able to race in the enduro. Note that all drivers will have the opportunity to participate in the support races.
Unfortunately yes, unless we get 20 confirmed we're going to try for 1 room.

so if there are only 19 signed up guys, with reserves counting too, i'will be just waiting, maybe skip it so i won't hinder to anyone faster than me.

@Gravitron is it possible to make two rooms for this race? And split the cars up after the qualy result?

Edit. Maybe split the rooms after placement in the divisions. Will give a more fair and fun race for all.

Last edited:
Back