GTP_WRS-Online : Special XI - 2.4 Hour Suzuka SuperGT Mixed Class Enduro - June 6/7

• Thread starter oink83
  • 146 comments
@Gravitron is it possible to make two rooms for this race? And split the cars up after the qualy result?

Edit. Maybe split the rooms after placement in the divisions. Will give a more fair and fun race for all.

As was noted in the OP, only after 20 confirmed will we go to 2 rooms. It's easier for us to stick to this as far as managing the racing, and I think it's fairest to respect the original rules so it's clear for all.
Multiple Lounges and Guaranteed Spots on the Grid:
  • Two lounges will be run for the enduro only if the number of confirmed drivers on race day is at least 20.
  • If there are 17-19 confirmed drivers, a few will have to go on "stand by" and may not be able to race in the enduro. Note that all drivers will have the opportunity to participate in the support races.

Driver Briefing, Sunday, June 7, 2015

Feature Race - Start Time

Starting Grid for the 2.4 Hours of Suzuka

Schermafdruk 2015-06-07 14.02.50 - Copy.png

Registration tables are now locked. If you wish to cancel, please reply to the thread.

Good luck to everyone and more importantly, have fun racing :cheers:

--------------​

Please, everyone make sure you have read everything in the OP. Contrary to the support races, the one and only formation lap will be led by the GT500 field, followed by the GT300 field. The GT300 pole sitter (@Ettick) will follow the GT500 field by about 10 seconds.

The simulated driver change is the same for everyone and should be 5 minutes long. If you accidentally go too early, you can self-penalize by going to the pits the next lap and do the remaining time. The same system of self-penalizing should also apply to the track limits. An important note is that the start of your simulated driver change starts the moment the lollipop is raised. So, that is AFTER the tire and fuel service is complete.

After 2:24:00.000 (not 2:40:00.000) on the timer, the next time the leader passes start/finish, the leader should announce the checkered flag in the chat. Everyone should save the replay after the race, since it will not be exportable.

Should be really good racing in both classes. In the support races yesterday, there were lots of extended very close battles in the GT300s. In support race 2, I did a 2 stopper while Ren and Stephen did one stop. Stephen managed his worn tires very well and won, but I closed the gap on Ren who was also fighting bad tires, and finished with less than a tenth separating us :crazy: with Ren 👍 edging me out. In race one Stephen, Stefan and I ran nose to tail for much of the race (Bart left us in the dust as we all had a spin or two along the way :)).

Typically my ps3 chooses now to have a mini meltdown and not let me connect to the psn! Working on a fix hopefully be with you shortly.

EDIT:

It's not the ps3 it's my Internet connection altogether that'd gone down...nicely timed!!! Fortunately the mobile network on my phone works so I can write this post.

I'm gonna have to back out unfortunately, have fun tonight guys, wish I could've been there.

Last edited:
Wasn't enjoying the race because I felt my car was losing grip randomly and I was getting FPS drops everywhere. Didn't want to subject myself to 2 more hours of that. Sorry for quitting.

Driver change, I will try tokeep it on the track the second half.

That was a blast! Well done everyone! GT 300's held their line well, was very easy to get past! Thank you to those that stepped aside to let others race today!!!! :cheers: Thanks again to all involved in setting up this race! WELL DONE!!!!!!

Only 15 seconds between 1st and 5th in the GT3s, that kept it interesting right up to the very end.

@Allibubba99 I may owe you an apology for not giving you enough room to pass on the straight before Spoon -- for some reason I thought you were a GT3 hanging right on my tail or I would have kept it further inside.

Congrats @DEPR and @GTP_PASM on the wins. Thanks stewards for all your efforts. You should put a tip jar up so I can at least buy you a beer.

Time for some driver change checks. I'll take Kjeld, Stefan and Patrick.

My change was on lap 33.

Stephen, I have the rest of the checks, thanks for helping. Yes that was a great race for everyone inolved, amazing that 5 cars could be so close after 2 and 1/2 hours. Congrats to Bart on the Gt500 win and Shane and Jonjig on the podium. Good job Stefan and Stephen on the GT300 podium.

Only 15 seconds between 1st and 5th in the GT3s, that kept it interesting right up to the very end.

@Allibubba99 I may owe you an apology for not giving you enough room to pass on the straight before Spoon -- for some reason I thought you were a GT3 hanging right on my tail or I would have kept it further inside.

Congrats @DEPR and @GTP_PASM on the wins. Thanks stewards for all your efforts. You should put a tip jar up so I can at least buy you a beer.

Time for some driver change checks. I'll take Kjeld, Stefan and Patrick.

My change was on lap 33.
Mine was on lap 40 Stephen. :cheers:

Yay, first enduro in GT6 that I was able to finish. :crazy: Silverstone I was one of the casualties when half the room DC'd 20min before the finish, Fuji I was lagging badly and had to retire, Nurburgring I was interrupted by real life...

Was hoping to give @GTP_Jonjig and @jtv90069 a good race, and it turned out to be so! :cheers: Good racing guys.

Wasn't enjoying the race because I felt my car was losing grip randomly and I was getting FPS drops everywhere. Didn't want to subject myself to 2 more hours of that. Sorry for quitting.
I guess this apology is for @Mires, then. :( Those are pretty common for me in online racing in GT6, with near-full rooms...you just have to adapt. Also in the OP we specify no weaving to warm tires on the formation lap, it's unnecessary and distracting, please don't do that if you join us again.

Yay, first enduro in GT6 that I was able to finish. :crazy: Silverstone I was one of the casualties when half the room DC'd 20min before the finish, Fuji I was lagging badly and had to retire, Nurburgring I was interrupted by real life...

Was hoping to give @GTP_Jonjig and @jtv90069 a good race, and it turned out to be so! :cheers: Good racing guys.

I guess this apology is for @Mires, then. :( Those are pretty common for me in online racing in GT6, with near-full rooms...you just have to adapt. Also in the OP we specify no weaving to warm tires on the formation lap, it's unnecessary and distracting, please don't do that if you join us again.
it is ok Lucas, I wouldn't be much competitive and rather to hinder I stepped aside.

So basically Bart is still winning all the endurance races :crazy:?
Well, to be fair, he was very lucky to win this one...if Les hadn't DC'd and Ghost hadn't left his driver change too early, Bart's early mistakes might have cost him.

Good to see you're still keeping an eye on us. ;)

Back