(Extended / Tuning Prohibited)

Monday, December 28, 2015

21:00 GMT | 1:00 PM Pacific | 4:00 PM Eastern | Check Local

Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_28_400.jpg

Nissan Zytek Z11SN Greaves Motorsport '13 @ Circuit de la Sarthe 2013

car_nissan_zytek_z11sn_greaves_motorsport_13.jpg
track_circuit_de_la_sarthe_2013_variable_time_variable.jpg

Steward's Notes:

We'll just pretend that Christmas goes on for another two days, just to have some fun racing these great combos again! :cool:

Good Luck, OLR Team :gtplanet:

Last edited:
Christmas.png

In the event of a field of 13-16 drivers we will disable mics and race with one grid. With 17+ we will split the grid (SEE Lounge Splits BELOW).

Christmas_submit.png
Register Here

[dropbox]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46246500/specialGT6_015_reg.png[/dropbox]

(tables will auto update approximately every 30 minutes)

Eligibility

This WRS-Online event hosted by 3D3 Racing is open to GTP_Registered members only. If you are not currently on the registry, join now by following the GTP_WRS Registration!

Registration Instructions

The following must be performed by every driver for every event:
  • Click the registration button above, fill-in and submit the online registration form (be sure to use the PSN that's listed in the registry)
  • Leave a quick note in this thread to let us know you've registered and any other comments.
The following must be performed only one time per driver (not per event):
  • Submit the 3D3 Racing Online Driver Database Entry Form. Your information will need to be verified before you are added to the db and before your ID will appear in the registered driver table above. You can view the official driver database here.
Registration Changes

If you want to change your time slot, add a time slot or update your color choices just click on the registration link and fill out the form again and submit with new values. Your last entry will override any previous entries.

Cancellations

If for some reason, after you register for the event, you are unable to attend please click the registration button above and complete the form again selecting "cancel" as your status. Please also post a note in this thread as the table above can take some time to update.

Delaying or Restarting Race Start

Once the race countdown timer has started, the race will only be restarted in these cases:
  • Multiple drivers report a black screen/hang, instead of the 3-2-1 countdown.
  • One or more drivers get disconnected before race-pace has begun ("GO" for grid-starts, end of formation lap for rolling starts).
  • Steward realizes there is a condition that would lead to an unfair or poor race experience.
Once the race countdown timer has started, the race will explicitly NOT be restarted for:
  • Latecomers, even if you've registered
  • Driver realizes he picked the wrong car parts (ie, tires) or driving options (ie, Auto tranny)
Lounge Splits

A more formal formula will be used to determine lobby assignments.

First, every driver that confirms their registration will be ranked using an event specific handicap equal to the minimum(best) of the following:
  1. Handicap from the official registry (driver does nothing, falls back on official handicap)
  2. Handicap from the official time trial (driver included in official time trial results)
  3. Handicap computed using an unofficial offline ghost lap replay
    • Must conform to all time trial rules and be attached to a post in the online thread
    • Submitted after TT deadline on Monday @ 23:59 GMT
    • Submitted at least 8 hours prior to the event start time
  4. Handicap computed using the best clean lap of an online steward observed qualification race
    • Tire wear set to off, but otherwise conforming to online regulations
    • 5 lap race: 1 out lap, 3 timed hot laps, 1 cool down lap.
    • Scheduled with steward ahead of time (plan ahead and request via thread)
    • Completed at least 3 hours prior to the event start time

Second, we will sort the confirmed drivers 90 minutes prior to the race and divide them up evenly. If there are an odd numbers of drivers the extra driver will be assigned to the A room. At that point the stewards convene and assign a director and supporting steward for each lobby. Then at about 50-60 minutes prior to the race the room #s and driver assignments will be published to the thread.

Reserves: Drivers with reserve status at 90 minutes prior to event start will not be included in the lobby assignments, but will be listed with their applicable handicap in a reserve list. They will have to request on the thread to be added to a lobby and the assignment will be at the discretion of the stewards. In that case handicap will be used as a guide, but there are no guarantees last minute confirms/entries will get the room you want and in some rare cases may not get to race at all (e.g. if the room split is such that there is two full rooms or if the new driver would create an additional room that wouldn't be supportable with the number of stewards available). Reserves will be handled on a first to request basis using the online race thread. Do not use the google form to confirm/register at the last minute, but use a thread post instead. If you are on reserve list or not listed at all in the lobby assignments do not join a room until instructed to do so.

Abuse: Because confirming guarantees you a grid spot it's important that nobody abuses the status. If you are fairly confident (80%) you are going to make the race sign up as confirmed ahead of time, but it's important you update your status as you get more information and for sure no later than 90 minutes prior to the race. At that point if you are not 99% sure you should be on reserve. This is a courtesy we ask, not only for the admins/stewards, but also for the benefit of other drivers that have accurately stated their status. We're going to use a three strike rule. A confirmed driver that "no shows" will receive 2 strikes. A confirmed driver that cancels less than 90 minutes of the race, but before race start will get 1 strike. Three strikes in any 8 week period and the driver risks being suspended from the online participation for 8 weeks. We know "stuff happens" and real life comes first so this allows some forgiveness, but we can't manage multiple rooms effectively if we don't know at least a bit ahead of time who is going to be showing up and we can't have people taking advantage of the system to guarantee their spot at the cost of someone else.

Last edited:
Christmas.png

Lounge Settings (@ GTP_3D3Racing and GTP_3D3_B)
  • Race Quality: Standard
  • Voice Chat Quality: Low

Official Practice Times
  • Pre-Race: The lounge will be open for pre-race practice appx 1 hour prior to the official start of each event

Course & Car Settings
  • Varies by Event - See Below

Qualification Procedure
  • Type: Live Single-Stint Pre-Race Qualifying (3 hotlaps)
  • Timing: Begins at event start time after timer reset and just before the race
  • Duration: 10-15 minutes depending on grid size

Event Settings
  • Game Mode: Normal Race
  • Laps: Varies By Event
  • Start Type: Staggered Formation Lap with Rolling Start
  • Grid Order: Fastest First
  • Boost: Off
  • Slipstream Strength: Real
  • Penalty: Off
  • Automatic Race Start Cycle: Disabled
  • Race Finish Delay: Set to the Max 180 Seconds
  • Grip Reduction: Real
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Visible Damage: Off
  • Tire Wear / Fuel Consumption: Varies By Event
  • Pit Stops: Open & Optional

Regulation Settings
  • Car Restriction: Varies By Event
  • Tire Restrictions: Varies By Event
  • Skid Recovery Force | Active Steering | ASM: Disabled
  • Driving Line | TCS | ABS: Enabled (Optional)

Standard Clean OLR Rules Apply:
  • Unless otherwise specified, all rules from the original WRS event apply.
  • All Hard Surfaces are considered Track Surface. This includes tarmac, red and white rumbles, and concrete. You are expected to drive clean at all times as if you are racing in the WRS. All participants are required to follow the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules & Guidelines.
  • 3D3 Race Stewards (who are taking part in race, but will review the replay) reserve the right to boot or invalidate the result of any driver from the Race Room for driving offensively. If you ignore any warnings from the stewards and are booted from the race room, you will not be allowed to participate in future 3D3 events.
  • 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track
  • Limit your contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Passing and Blocking: Aggressive blocking is not permitted, but the driver in front has the right to choose his/her line and braking point and drivers behind should respect that line. Be especially careful when you are on older tires than the competition as the speed difference may be significant. These events are "for fun" so just play nice and take a conservative rather than an aggressive approach when possible.

Floor It!
  • Original Online Event: GTP_WRS-Online Event 86 : Floor It! - Sept 13 (Sun WW) & 16
  • Track: Autodromo Nazionale Monza 80's
  • Laps: 27 (+1 formation lap)
  • Car: Ferrari GTO '84
  • Performance Points: 528 PP
  • Max Power Limit: 413 HP
  • Min Weight: 1160 kg
  • Tires: Comfort Soft (front) / Sport Hard (rear) (C3 / S1)
  • Tire Wear / Fuel Consumption: Very Fast
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Tuning prohibited - R/A functions allowed
  • Notes: TBD

Mazda is as Mazda Does (Extended Remix)
  • Original Online Event: GTP_WRS-Online Event 26 : Mazda is as Mazda Does - July 19 & 23
  • Track: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
  • Laps: 39 (+1 formation lap) Original event had 27 race laps.
  • Car: Mazda MX-5 Miata J-Limited II (NA, J) '93
  • Performance Points: 394 PP
  • Max Power Limit: 156 HP
  • Min Weight: 891 kg
  • Tires: Comfort Softs (C3)
  • Tire Wear / Fuel Consumption: Very Fast
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Tuning allowed - ONLY the additional parts listed in the Original Thread, no adjustments allowed
  • Example Tunes: See original thread

Mid-Field Mazda Mania

The Little Nissan That Could (Extended Remix)
  • Original Online Event: GTP_WRS-Online Event 77 : The Little Nissan That Could - July 11 and 15
  • Track: Circuit de la Sarthe 2013 Weather: Variable / Time: Variable
  • Laps: 22 (formation start at Dunlop Bridge in lap 1) Original event had 15 laps.
  • Car: Nissan Zytek Z11SN Greaves Motorsport '13
  • Performance Points: 615 PP
  • Tires: Racing Hards (R1)
  • Tire Wear / Fuel Consumption: Fast
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Tuning prohibited - R/A functions allowed

Autodromo Nazionale Monza '80s_8.jpg

Last edited:
Great choices for the tunes!

It seems you caught a stewards battle w/ @Speedy6543 & @Ealirendur and I in the Supra's. 👍

The Rudolph one at Fuji is clever as well. ;)

Glad you guys liked those..I was in a rush to get those done.. Being as they are seasonal videos, I will take them down tonight or tomorrow.. All my videos get archived though..👍

Sorry, I was getting my Mazda out of the stockyard. Making a new lobby.

Great race in Race 1 today, it was really fun. I was honestly shocked when I was able to keep up to Bart for most of the race. It probably would've helped if I ran the original race back when it was Week 86, as I had no idea what fuel strategy I would use going into it or how much I would have to save. :lol: :cheers:

Fun race,nice to see the known names again and ofcourse some new ones.
Great race from all but I ended the race like my last one,some months ago ,in disaster.:D
Lost my concentration completely in the second stint after I realised I pitted to early.
Luckily Pekka was there to accompany me on track and in the sand.:lol:what a mess we made.:sly:

Thanks Lucas and Bart for organizing the races.:tup:Strong as ever.:cheers:

Great race in Race 1 today, it was really fun. I was honestly shocked when I was able to keep up to Bart for most of the race. It probably would've helped if I ran the original race back when it was Week 86, as I had no idea what fuel strategy I would use going into it or how much I would have to save. :lol: :cheers:

It was a good race indeed. I was a bit conservative as well in the first stint, but nonetheless you had great pace. What happened after the second pit stop?

It was a good race indeed. I was a bit conservative as well in the first stint, but nonetheless you had great pace. What happened after the second pit stop?
I was trying to be conservative while keeping up to you but it was putting too much wear on the tires and using up too much fuel. I had to drop down the pace a bit in the second stint, and I pretty much took a full tank in both stops.

Currently on the large reserve list:

@MadMax
@mr_lab_rat
@Friday_GTRP
@GTP_Patrick1
@Bleached
@GTRacer22
@roamer2629
@Siggers
@Don Mejillone
@Sjaak
@tarnheld
@TRL_Andromeda
@GTP_Jonjig
@Ealirendur

It might be wise to update your status at least 90 minutes ahead of the race, to help us make a decision on how many lobbies to run. The race at Le Mans certainly has the potential for 2 lobbies.

Good race everyone, hard to keep the fight for me, congratulations to @PASM for the 1st place. My wife thinks that I'm crazy, lol.
View attachment 495939

That is what I call dedication. Good to have you back 👍

Out for Midfield and I might make the LeMans race. It will be very close time wise for me to make it.

Last edited:
Back