GTP_WRS Week 05 : Ferrari California @ High Speed Ring

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 94 comments
White line, there is a rumble strip on the outside of the tarmac iirc.

Times so far

T1 29.837
T2 51.177

Also I just want to clarify when going thru the tunnel, whether the course boundary is the tunnel wall or the white line ?

Sorry to overrule ,Sureshot.
In the tunnel ,the wall is the boundary.

Only on the picture below is an exception,everywhere else the wall or grass is the limit.

All hard pavement is track,just do not hit any walls.
EDIT:
Except the run-off area you see on the pic below: Not track !
Keep two wheels on the tarmac.

photos004oz1xr0.jpg

Last edited:
1st attempt. I'm finding it tricky to nail turn 1 without the back end coming out:crazy:

T1: 30.077
T2: 51.632

Division 3, controller :)👍

Just a few laps after a night in the Amuse for the IFTC event...

T1 29.737
T2 50.799

1st attempt. I'm finding it tricky to nail turn 1 without the back end coming out:crazy:

T1: 30.077
T2: 51.632

Division 3, controller :)👍

Maybe another controller driver can help with turn 1. For the wheel drivers I find a combination of lifting the throttle and just a touch of left foot braking helps.

Almost a 1/10th of a second improvement even though T1 is slightly slower than before so going with this for now:

T1 : 29.876
T2 : 50.930

I got a good lap ( well, good for me ), then spent about an hour trying to catch myself and couldn't.:grumpy:
T1 : 30.137
T2 : 51.622
------------
By the way, no big deal, but this car is FR, the first post has it as MR

Last edited:
Maybe another controller driver can help with turn 1. For the wheel drivers I find a combination of lifting the throttle and just a touch of left foot braking helps.
No braking here, I'm going just a bit of the throttle

Likewise, I'm on the pad and I lift very slightly. It's turn two that I am yet to perfect. I'm losing half a second there easily. Still got some time this afternoon. 2 hours of WRS and some music, and I'm a happy boy.

T1 30.032
T2 52.131

Did get into the 29s and 51s for respective sectors, but stuffed up final turn. Improvement on last time, but T3 and T4 I am losing tonnes of time, as evident comparing my time to Marcio Cardoso's. Pad isn't good for T3 and T4.

T1: 29.606
T2: 50.722

Had an excellent T1, then screwed up (a bit) the rest, still managed to improve my best time.

Ran a few laps just now, I was a bit smokey around turn 1, and through the esses. Lost a few tenths there. Turn 2 was real nice though. :dopey:

T1, 0'29.756
T2, 0'50.848

:cheers: Dan.

Only a tad faster than my previous best overall as not a great final turn, but got an almost perfect T1 and OK T2 (no Idea how Dan is 0.2 faster than me in T2 though!)...

T1 29.596
T2 50.568

Minor improvement ... where I loose control is coming out of the right/lefter entering the tunnel :grumpy: how do you control the gas using the 6axis without spinning the wheels? Maybe set TCS to 3-5 but that'll cost lots of power. Anyway, I got 5 days off coming up so perhaps by the deadline I might reach Sureshot's T2 :)

Board update.

Minor improvement ... where I loose control is coming out of the right/lefter entering the tunnel :grumpy: how do you control the gas using the 6axis without spinning the wheels? Maybe set TCS to 3-5 but that'll cost lots of power.
I did a test yesterday, using the controller (tc at 0) just to see what time I was able to do. Did a 29.8 at T1 but than I lost every time .3 -.4s at the left before the tunnel. At the finish I was .4s of my best time with the wheel.

Minor improvement ... where I loose control is coming out of the right/lefter entering the tunnel :grumpy: how do you control the gas using the 6axis without spinning the wheels? Maybe set TCS to 3-5 but that'll cost lots of power. Anyway, I got 5 days off coming up so perhaps by the deadline I might reach Sureshot's T2 :)

Board update.

I tried TCS at 5, didn't work, the back doesn't like it. I think you'd need it at about 7. I'm just focusing on controlling the throttle with my thumb, which isn't easy.

I don't plan to keep my T2 at that time btw ;)

Not sure if it's the same with the controller, but I found the trick on that corner is to be as close to the inside white line as possible when you get on the gas for the exit... ideally, you want your nearside front tyre on the line (but NOT on the kerb). That way you can minimise the amount of lock applied and so use a little more gas and get out of the corner faster.

Just ran some more laps, slower T1, but quicker T2 and final time.

T1, 0'29.759
T2, 0'50.744

Annoyingly I have run a 29.6 T1, but always lose time somewhere else. :dopey: Maybe tomorrow. :)

Only a tad faster than my previous best overall as not a great final turn, but got an almost perfect T1 and OK T2 (no Idea how Dan is 0.2 faster than me in T2 though!)...

T1 29.596
T2 50.568

Yeah i had a really cutting edge T1-T2 sector, botched the last corner though, as you did, i guess the nerves of seeing a big blue number at the final split reek havock on the mind:crazy:

Not sure if it's the same with the controller, but I found the trick on that corner is to be as close to the inside white line as possible when you get on the gas for the exit... ideally, you want your nearside front tyre on the line (but NOT on the kerb). That way you can minimise the amount of lock applied and so use a little more gas and get out of the corner faster.
I tried TCS at 5, didn't work, the back doesn't like it. I think you'd need it at about 7. I'm just focusing on controlling the throttle with my thumb, which isn't easy.
I did a test yesterday, using the controller (tc at 0) just to see what time I was able to do. Did a 29.8 at T1 but than I lost every time .3 -.4s at the left before the tunnel. At the finish I was .4s of my best time with the wheel.
This is exactly why I love GTPlanet so much ... thanks a lot for the swift replies and help offered :bowdown:

Well, I'll say this for the WRS, it certainly forces me to learn the proper lines on tracks I don't drive much. Love the car, not such a huge fan of the track. Nice combo though, not so much grip it's boring but not so little you're fighting the car all the time. Still playing with lines through turn 2 and the final turn.

T1: 29.966
T2: 51.056

Back