GTP_WRS Week 05 : Ferrari California @ High Speed Ring

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 94 comments
new times just a slight improvement. I'm the same still looking for that best line in corner 2. Had a quicker time but I'm unsure if i hit the barrier in turn 1 or just the curb. Replay shows a gap between car and barrier but I'm really unsure if there is a force field on the barrier keeping me off it. No drop in revs and no change in direction but its really hard to tell.

Board updated EDIT updated up to post 68.

Very slight improvement, giving up realising the sixaxis is a real limitation here :(

Last edited:
Oh no, I was just looking at the rankings to see how far off I am with my lap time, and it would seem when I ran a few laps yesterday, I forgot to sign out. Doh :dunce:

The lap time showing on the rankings is not my saved lap. I hope this doesnt mean I will get DQ? :nervous:

No,you won't be disqualified.

A round of beer for everyone in the WRS_Bar will be sufficient.:)

Glad Hyper won't get DQ, mistakes happen. Oh by the way mine is a Miller 👍

At last I have broken the 51" marker for T2. Its a clean lap but with a bit of a scrappy last corner but when T2 came up and saw the big blue letters well I just froze :scared:

T1 29.706
T2 50.868

I am so miffed, I've only knocked off 7/10ths off my final time, Turns 3&4 are a killer with the pad. I'll be chuffed if I can get T2 to under 51.5xx.

It took some effort, but I finally broke that darn T2 51 seconds barrier too: :crazy:

T1: '29.819
T2: '50.909

Meanwhile, I updated the board and must admit that I was using dope setting those sector times: Red wine and Red Bull. I hope that that is allowed. :sly:

Last edited:
Thats it time submitted, its a sunday night work tomorrow think I need a beer or two. Couldn't beat my T1 and T2 sectors, could of probably got a couple more tenths on my final time but its time to hang up my keys on this one so I don't drink and drive!!

Did some more laps today, but couldn't improve my time anymore, so I submitted.:)

Here's my splits from the lap I'm gonna submit.

T1: 29.896
T2: 51.100

GT5 is really different from GT4... It will take some time to get hang of the new physics engine...

Great combo 👍,loved every minute of it.

Submitting now,good luck for those still racing.

Splits from my submitted lap. Had a lot of fun with this one. 👍

Board updated - lap submitted. Good luck to all racers in the final hour of this excellent tho frustrating combo :lol:

First and last post for this weeks combo.

Good luck everybody, its going to be close throughout the divisions.

Had to have another go to try and get a decent last corner. Rubbish T1, but my best ever T2 (hit a really good line and got amazing drive out of the left before the tunnel), and a solid T3 to boot - 2/10ths faster over the full lap... there's another 1/10th out there, but that's me done on this one.com

T1 29.680
T2 50.544

Just want add... brilliant car/track combo 👍

Never did get back to this as planned but the replay was saved yesterday so time submitted with a 50.7 at T2 and way off the pace yet again :(

GL all :cheers:

Back