• Weight: Optional
  • Driving Aids: Optional
  • Downforce: NA
  • Transmission: Optional
  • Tyre Type: Optional
  • Performance Points: 530
    present2.gif
  • Tuning: Optional
  • In-Race RA Functions: Optional (if available)

pc170039hhph0.jpg

Race Specifics:
ctree.gif

• Tip: Every racer is free to find an AI strength which allows him to race between the car infront and the car behind you.
    present.gif
  • For me personaly setting the ai between 75 and 80 on R3 is working.
  • AI strenght and AI tires: Optional
    star.gif
  • G25 Clutch is prohibited
  • 100% clean, no Walltouches , no AI touches
  • Your run must be done using your GTP_Tag
    present2.gif

Standard Clean OLR Rules:
ctree.gif

• 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
    present.gif
  • no contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • if you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • no hybrids
  • no cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • save your replay
    firecracker.gif

Thread rules:
ctree.gif

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Your fastest racetime.
  • Any information which can be used to infer a time for your fastest racetime.

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• Your second best laptime.
    (let me explain what I mean : When starting a session ,you have a good time ,so you save the race.
    The next time you save a better time ,do not overwrite your old save but make a new one.
    Now you have 2 saves and the slowest of the two can be discussed.)
  • Any settings discussion.
    firecracker.gif

The posting of settings is encouraged, but it's certainly not mandatory. We respect anyone wishing not to post settings, so please do not publicly ask someone to post their settings, they will if they want to.

Submission:
ctree.gif

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 08 Submission ) to (Sphinx):

• you can submit only once
  • please include in your submission PM your division, GTP_Tag and final lap time
  • the deadline is Monday 29 December 11.59pm GMT
    star.gif
    star.gif
  • if you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
frosty.gif

GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:
ctree.gif

Save your replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after your time has been submitted:

• pa260023zi0.jpg
  • Top 3 racers of each Division will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • when a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of time submission
  • failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

Good luck,
present.gif

OLR Admin Team
santahat.gif

I expect to get a few drunken laps on this one during the week ;) nothing excessive for a Christmas WRS event is just what the doctor ordered :cheers:

Have a great week guys and try not too eat too much :P 👍

Sweet. Always preferred normal to reverse at Eiger, because the S-es downwards feel better than upwards. Still revving is key, probably also in the C4 (plastic explosive? :)) Hopefully all contenders understand the laptime posting thingy that Sjaak has creatively come up with 👍

Did a first session: 1'22.783

Put the AI on difficulty 80 and on R3 tires.
Went in the tuner menu and changed the C4's tires to R3/R1

power +15=209
weight 85=1130
R3/R1
PP=530

settings:
-20 -20
7 7
6 6
-0.02 +0.02
1.8 1.3
4 3
Wheel 46
Final Gearing 5013

Only problem for now is the tirespin, which causes speedloss.

And again the replay is super to look at,a C4 chasing a BMW M3 and being chased by a Ford GT.

Awesome.:D

Well I've done a little testing & that 1.22xx seems like a pretty good time right now. Thanks for setup I'll try that.

Did a few quick laps with the controller, 2nd best was a 01.21.9??. I'll try again tomorow with the g25. Very fun combo:tup:,I'm liking it very much.

first couple runs

1'26.313

new time with some help from sjaak68's setup

: 1'24.788

Last edited:
My first session at this and a BIG THANK YOU to Sjaak for his kind help with a good base tune. It has helped me improve alot :cheers:

My second fastest time 1'23.414.

Slight improvement 1'23.162.

Faster still 1'23.067.

And again 1'22.976.

Another 1'22.844.

Last one for tonight 1'22.739. Now off to bed.

I'm addicted :lol: .

Sjaak and the rest of the WRS Team thank you for this one :) .

Last edited:
First laps finding my way in car tuning starting with Sjaak's excellent setup resulted in a second best lap of

1'25.651

... for which I changed the setup in a more forgiving (to me anyways :) ):

+11/85%/R3/530pp
-27/-27
5-5-5-5
-.10/+.10
c 2x1,5
bb 8/8
angle 33 (sixaxis)
final 5.000

I found this setup easier in the corners and experienced no wheelspin, but while noting down the tune I found the traction was at 5 :lol: so now I'll see what happens with the spin while at 0.

Board init.
|
|
|
V

Last edited:
Excuse me for asking please, I'm running +27 pwr, 94 wt, R1 F+R,530pp professional physics. I haven't got a clean lap yet, (only done 1 3lap race) I'm 5 SECONDS faster ????

Something as definitely wrong!!

WHAT am I not doing right?

I'm usually about 1-1.5 slower!!

Are these settings correct?

Thanks in advance.

edit::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce:
PLEASE disregard the above mentioned ,as I have seeeeen the light HALLELUUUUUJAH BRUTHA
sorry about that ,got carried away.(says meekly)

I find it says 1 lap race. That will explain everything.

Once again I apologize for my inability to read!:dopey::dopey:

Last edited:
Enjoyable little combo but not making alot of progress so far and am stuck around the same lap time... best 2nd best time so far:

1'23.431

I can see where I'm going wrong but am again lacking the skill to fix it thus far. Great fun chucking the C4 round on race tyres though. :)

My wife got me up early this morning (on my birthday:crazy:) so I had time to get 2 quick races in. Unfortunately I didn't have time to set up the wheel and pedals. So my second fastest race so far is:

1'32.322

I know I can do a lot better once (if?!) I get a chance to do this with the wheel. I was surprised that the Lotus, Merc, Clio, and Viper all missed me when passing on the uphill part. I guess I'll just take the bottom spot on the leaderboard until I get another run.

While yet again I'm not close to the fastest times this is a FUN combo with the AI cars at least it has some action 2nd best time thus far.

1'23.812 :dunce:

Last edited:
New second best race time :1'22.261

Got the uphill section after the tunnel flatout now.

And I am very curious how the second best times will work out,
with the absent of splits it could be a nice alternative.

I'm about to have a few laps on this and was wondering .. do I just set it as a 1 lap race and keep racing in that fashion with 1 lap race attempts including the rolling start or is there some other method like running a 2 lapper and only counting the lap 2? sorry just wanna be sure before I put some time in 👍

Thanks in advance :cheers:

edit: scrap my question I will just go with the 1 lap with rolling start as my brain is slowly waking up now and realize it was a stupid question as it's already in black and white :lol: I blame the hangover :P

Last edited:
1'25.286

The car is very responsive, quite a lot left in it, and the track.

Times are dropping fast in this one but have to eventually bottom out - with a few quick tries today I was in the realm of my fellow Div 3 mates with quite a bit of room for improvement. I'll take a few more whacks at it tonight and post my second best time so far to get on the board. Anyone playing with a tune that is vastly different than the one posted here?

My hint so far is to get used to the track (I did this awhile back as part of some other challenge that Rudi absolutely ruled on) then find your best lines and times. Then start playing with the AI value to pull in that car ahead of you to maximize your drafting. Then its down to fine tuning the AI value and your own car's tune to pull the best time out of the hat. Thanks!

Ok, followed my own advice and here's is my current 2nd best time:

1'22.226

Really enjoying this combo - hope the update this week adds an Eiger event in the 600PP range. Good Luck All!

First second fastest lap with R1's front and rear.
AI at 100 with R3's.

1'23.599

Anybody know their average t1?
Mine is just about a .40, give or take a tenth or 2 (best 39.7xx).

T2 I have no clue.

Fun combo, Sjaak. :)

First attempt at this one, second best lap:

1'22.369

This one is just great, playing around with both the AI and other settings. My fastest runs are with the AI on 70 and R3/R3 with me on R3/R2. With these settings I got the most from slipstreaming the AI all over the track without just not hitting the car in front. If I want to go any faster, I'll have to find some new track pals. :P

There is something great about chasing a Z06 or a Ford GT in a C4, isn't there? :D

We need these kind of events more frequently WRS admins.

Any comments on which car seems to be the best for chasing? I seemed to have my best runs behind a Dodge Viper last night and I didn't even bother trying the line-up if there was a Lotus in front or behind me at the start. Those things mess up laps faster than anything I've ever seen.

I just wish there was a way to adjust the AI once you have the lineup but I think the lineup is chosen based on the AI value. Only other thing I'd request is a faster load time or some kind of option to bypass the rolling start camera sequence.

Back