GTP_WRS Week 09 : Honda NSX Type R '02 @ Suzuka

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 142 comments
Ok put my times in too this time:

T1: 1'01.527
T2: 1'52.948

Don't know if i have time to improve them more, gonna be pretty busy this week.

Latest improvement:

T1: 0'59.363
T2: 1'49.656

Not gonna beat this one anymore though, very happy with it. :)

Nice time Racer_LP 👍

I've pretty much got Spoon nailed now, cutting a 1/10th off my previous best T2, but just can't seem to get back to hitting 59.2 T1's... overall time improved by 0.165 though :)

1'49.802

Still loving the NSX... using the DC tune with no changes.

Nice time Racer_LP 👍

I've pretty much got Spoon nailed now, cutting a 1/10th off my previous best T2, but just can't seem to get back to hitting 59.2 T1's... overall time improved by 0.165 though :)

1'49.802

Still loving the NSX... using the DC tune with no changes.

Thanks mate. I've been having that same problem with T1 and spoon. But they were both pretty solid in this lap. :)

I've been using the DC tune aswell, but made some changes earlier today:

Front toe: -0.03
Front camber: 1.5
Brakes: switched front and rear to 5/7.

They worked well for me, maybe they will help you too...

Ok put my times in too this time:

T1: 1'01.527
T2: 1'52.948

Don't know if i have time to improve them more, gonna be pretty busy this week.
Hey Mischa, welcome and thanks for posting your splits. Unfortunately I can't seem to find your Division and your controller device isn't in your signature as well. Can you include them so I can put them in the leaderboard? Thanks 👍

Board updated

Hey Mischa, welcome and thanks for posting your splits. Unfortunately I can't seem to find your Division and your controller device isn't in your signature as well. Can you include them so I can put them in the leaderboard? Thanks 👍

Board updated

GTP_Belifant is in div 3 bronze, don't know controller though.

Lol, I just improved my time with .5s ..... untill I discovered that the weight was reset to 100% and I was running with +550pp:rolleyes:

Big improvement in T1, still wanting in T2, but I did do a much better T2 on another lap when I stuffed up at 130R. I think a big problem is in the hairpin for me, likewise spoon. Though if I combined the T1 of best lap so far (below) with the T2 of that time, my T2 would be about 1'52.3xx

Spoon is tough to get right.

T1 1'00.635
T2 1'52.718

I now offically want to break my PS3 :ouch: Ive done high 58's through T1 and 48's through T2 but manage to mess it up in 130r or the chicane :ouch:

Done a new best lap in the process though! 59.2xx was my T1

I now offically want to break my PS3 :ouch: Ive done high 58's through T1 and 48's through T2 but manage to mess it up in 130r or the chicane :ouch:

Done a new best lap in the process though! 59.2xx was my T1

High 58's through T1 is SICK! :eek:

Odd how different tunes suit different driving styles... I just tried the DC tune and am a full 3 seconds slower with that. :(

Just out of interest, did anyone get around to trying my tune out? Curious...

And since I'll probably be too pissed to type shortly... a Happy New Year to you all! May it be well lubricated. :) :cheers:

Got a T1 of 1'00.250 and T2 of 1'51.359 on my fastest lap. I'm finally getting the hang of this wheel, too. I think after the one hundred or so laps I've done today, I'm gonna stop and pick this up tomorrow

Updated times for me after WAY TOO MUCH driving tonight:

T1: 1'00.264
T2: 1'51.354

Just shaved half a second off my best lap time using a new tune :D

So what's the tune?? I could afford to shave another half second off my best lap too. :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!!!!

This is tough but I'm really starting to love the NSX. Seems like even when you screw the lap up you just want to keep driving and feeling the car at different limits. I need to research this track for ideal lines. Here's a lucky lap I got today:
T1-1'00.718
T2-1'52.144

I'd like to start by wishing everybody at GTP all the best for the new year.

This is tough but I'm really starting to love the NSX. Seems like even when you screw the lap up you just want to keep driving and feeling the car at different limits. I need to research this track for ideal lines. Here's a lucky lap I got today:
T1-1'00.718
T2-1'52.144
Hi! Please add your division and controller info to your signature. Thanks! 👍

I now offically want to break my PS3 :ouch: Ive done high 58's through T1 and 48's through T2 but manage to mess it up in 130r or the chicane
Incredible, the more so since you are using a controller :bowdown:

GTP_Belifant is in div 3 bronze, don't know controller though.
Thanks for the help Stijn. So perhaps he can add that to his signature as well.

Board updated.

I just tried out the DC tune and the braking stability is great. I'm not that used to it but it seems really good. It helped out my times.
T1-1'00.217
T2- 1'50.728

Just out of interest, did anyone get around to trying my tune out? Curious...

Yes Vagabond, I tried your tune out and I must say it was absolutely fantastic!! Managed to achieve times of:

T1: 1'00.004
T2: 1'50.877

Still pushing for that T1 59 second mark:tup:

Further improvement:

T1: 0'59.981
T2: 1'50.867

Pretty happy with that:tup:
Still trying...

I was really kicking myself earlier. Did these splits:

0'59.2
1'49.605
But then totally screwed up at the chicane. It was the first lap of the session, so it was my ghost for the next lap I did. On that next lap I made a couple of mistakes and was 1.1 sec behind at T2, but did a magical last sector and was only 0.7 behind at the line :ouch:
If only I did that last sector time the lap before :banghead:

Anyways, I did a couple more laps and ended up with this:

T1: 0'59.290
T2: 1'49.556

Last sector wasn't that special again, but at least I improved my best laptime :)

Can't say that I've spent that much time in this combo (isn't RL great) but I have real trouble controlling this car. Even using Niels's excellent tune I get the car to drift and wiggle its tail all the time, loosing much grip and - time. So my first splits as fresh Division 4 player are only a very meager

1'03.123
1'56.220

Can't wait to see my GT wheel delivered ... :)

Board updated.
EDIT update up to post 91

Last edited:
First go at this one, I hope to get some more time for this one.

Can't say that I've spent that much time in this combo (isn't RL great) but I have real trouble controlling this car. Even using Niels's excellent tune I get the car to drift and wiggle its tail all the time, loosing much grip and - time. So my first splits as fresh Division 4 player are only a very meager

1'03.123
1'56.220

Can't wait to see my GT wheel delivered ... :)

Board updated.

Need to be careful on the throttle control, especially around the bends in T1.

Is there a way to turn of the ghost? It distracts me quite badly from my camera view (bumper).

So what's the tune?? I could afford to shave another half second off my best lap too. :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!!!!

I switched to S2 tires and 97% weight and managed to shave 0.8s off my best time before that, by the end of the night, using Blitz's tune

New times for me. Little better. Have done excatly the same T1 as LP :lol:

0'59.290
1'49.247

Hoping to get my T1 into the 58's!

Back